The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

specky2009

HSC
re: The Official Football Thread

lol I've actually started to get into soccer and am going for Manchester City. Typically because I hate Manchester United! My friends dad told me that to win the premiership you pretty much have to lose no more than three games, is this correct?

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC

Chelsea losing this weekend makes everything so much more interesting

hollaholla

HSC

lol I've actually started to get into soccer and am going for Manchester City. Typically because I hate Manchester United! My friends dad told me that to win the premiership you pretty much have to lose no more than three games, is this correct?
Nope . Not at all. Different seasons will have different expectations and different outcomes. This season it is VERY competitive, there are around 8 competitors for the top 4 places . Teams are losing in plenty, top teams losing to bottom teams for example united losing to burnley and chelsea losing to Wigan. Chelsea are atm title favorites and they have already lost 3 games. Forget about losing...even if you lose just 1 game all season like city and draw 7 like city :)P) you wont really win the title will you?

hollaholla

HSC

I don't really see Ghana as THE best African team of the last 2 years..Ivory Coast did get more points than them in qualifying...I'd probably rate them about par at the moment.

And having Serbia being top of the group....meh, so did we. Basically, the way I see this as a group of death is that all 4 teams (IIRC) completely dominated their groups in qualifying...3 of them also made the round of 16 last year.
well i didnt know they were the best african team of the last 2 years until the dude at the fifa world cup draw said so

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC

We can go on a 23 game winning streak in the league and win the title with 93 points... *sigh* I can dream :p
yup we can only dream.. and hopefully that will come true

who says soccer? .. i say football unless im talking to someone who doesnt follow it id say soccer.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC

what a comeback from everton, wish they took the 3 points

Daisuke

HSC

Be glad you took a point from that game. If Defoe's penalty had gone in you would have taken no points.

Roy9

HSC

If Defoe's penalty had gone in you would have taken no points.
Really? :idea:

Great comeback by Everton... we weren't in the game for basically the entire match until Saha came on. Would've been magic if his bicycle kick went it. Game ended at like 5am and I couldn't sleep for ages cause I was so pumped up after Cahill's equaliser and Howard's save

hollaholla

HSC

Really? :idea:

Great comeback by Everton... we weren't in the game for basically the entire match until Saha came on. Would've been magic if his bicycle kick went it. Game ended at like 5am and I couldn't sleep for ages cause I was so pumped up after Cahill's equaliser and Howard's save
I really admire the passion :p. As an Arsenal fan, i ofcourse always love to see tottenham lose/draw...and yesterdays game was awesome. I believe David Moyes should start with saha...11 goals this campaign too. Do not know what Gareth bale was doing...dont think he knew what he was doing either. I just knew Tim howard would save it lol cause fabregas missed his penalty, lampard missed his penalty and the pourstmouth dude missed his penalty :D
Good luck against chelsea :)

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

Gasp! Really?

They were lucky against Everton. This is a really bad run for them at the moment.

How about Paul Scholes. I can see Gibson replacing him as my favourite player when Scholesy retires though.

What about you guys then? Favourite players?
aside from everyones favourite player cesc, probably drogba. followed closely by clichy, but shit form and injuries of late have sort of dampened that.

HSC

I really admire the passion :p. As an Arsenal fan, i ofcourse always love to see tottenham lose/draw...and yesterdays game was awesome. I believe David Moyes should start with saha...11 goals this campaign too. Do not know what Gareth bale was doing...dont think he knew what he was doing either. I just knew Tim howard would save it lol cause fabregas missed his penalty, lampard missed his penalty and the pourstmouth dude missed his penalty :D
Good luck against chelsea :)
thats right..lampard, dindane, defoe, fabregas and ronaldo (although benzema scored on the rebound) all missed their penalties on the weekend..

Last edited:

Roy9

HSC

Boss player..... could still very well make the England squad if he plays as good as he did last season when he returns from injury

By the way, I forgot to mention that Gerrard was back to his diving best against Blackburn

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

would've thought there are more accomplished penalty takers than fabregas in the arsenal line-up.

skut8

Not 'Scoot', 'Skut'
HSC

Michael Owen!

Not sure what 1st place means in the CLeague anymore though. Some big teams coming 2nd.

Wtf. Group F.
Barca 8
Inter 6
Rubin Kazan 6
Dynam Kiev 5

Kiev v Barca
Inter v Kazan

Everyone isn't safe. What're the odds of a Barca upset?

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC

michael owens a prick and doesnt deserved to be liked.

i hope barca does good though.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC

also what do you think of Linvoy Primus from Portsmouth retiring because of an unrecoverable knee injury??

optimus prime his name reminds me of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)