The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

ZaraKu

HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

News just said Mariners got raped in their ACL game against Kawasaki Frontale. hahaha.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC

yep, was the most embarrasing performance by an a-league team ever. if you thought the grand final between melbourne and adelaide (i think it was 07) was bad, think again. it looked like a local club team took the pitch. just goes to show the level of quality of the a-league compared to the others around the globe. we have a long way to go.

ZaraKu

HSC

And if I remember correctly the punters were predicting the Mariners to do better than the Jets in the ACL... They've been proven wrong so far...

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

News just said Mariners got raped in their ACL game against Kawasaki Frontale. hahaha.
Coming from a CCM supporter, it was to be expected really.

EDIT: However Zaraku, if you think the Jets have a chance of progressing in the ACL, then I think you have tall expectations.

Kawasaki are a damn good team, and CCM were well and truly outclassed with Kawasaki having the likes of Juninho, Nakamura and Renatinho. In all honesty, they really can't expect to progress.

Last edited:

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC

Coming from a CCM supporter, it was to be expected really.

EDIT: However Zaraku, if you think the Jets have a chance of progressing in the ACL, then I think you have tall expectations.

Kawasaki are a damn good team, and CCM were well and truly outclassed with Kawasaki having the likes of Juninho, Nakamura and Renatinho. In all honesty, they really can't expect to progress.
thats not even shunsuke nakamura and thats some other juninho as well.

Charizard

HSC

CCM are bad aswell though to be fair.

Newcastle probably worse but.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

CCM are bad aswell though to be fair.

Newcastle probably worse but.
With a 5-0 scoreline against them, they don't look a great team at all.

McKinna rating it his worst loss as a coach gives an idea.

Until the ACL is over and we work out who of the Aus teams progress (and how far), we know this from last seasons A-League results:

CCM - Made finals
Jets - Finished last

Unless something drastic happens, I don't see CCM progressing. Would be good to see the Jets get through and have a decent crack at it though.

ZaraKu

HSC

With a 5-0 scoreline against them, they don't look a great team at all.

McKinna rating it his worst loss as a coach gives an idea.

Until the ACL is over and we work out who of the Aus teams progress (and how far), we know this from last seasons A-League results:

CCM - Made finals
Jets - Finished last

Unless something drastic happens, I don't see CCM progressing. Would be good to see the Jets get through and have a decent crack at it though.
If I remember correctly, in the 07/08 season the Victory and Adelaide (who'd qualified the year before for ACL) both did crap, but while Melbourne bombed out in the group stages, Adelaide surprised everyone and ended up being runners-up overall and then coming 5th in FIFA club cup.
I guess it just proves that A-League results for the season prior to one's ACL campaign mean nothing in the long haul, for all we know either CCM or Jets could take the title (possible wishful thinking but, I dare to dream). I think it's really a matter of who they vs. and how well they play in the ACL, not how well they did in the A-League season prior.

Roy9

HSC

Do you guys have any idea how much a student membership for Sydney FC would cost this coming season?

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

Probably around $170-200 for the lowest category? I could have got one for $99 last season because Sydney FC and Macquarie have a partnership of sorts going - Sydney FC train at uni. With the added home games from the expansion and general inflation I reckon that would be the ballpark figure.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

ha, joel griffiths, what a fag.

even in a foreign league he has failed suppress his natural tendency to be a shitcunt.

5 league matches and a second yellow rules him out of the ACL match against newcastle.

congrats.

ZaraKu

HSC

good cause he'd have prob killed us in the next ACL game. I say stay in China, he abandoned us when we needed decent players so he can get lost for all I care.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

he abandon you in search of overseas football, hoping to eventually cement a spot within the socceroos squad.

kent

HSC

hi i am new. i follow the league through youtube and the news. i currently support no one but i will support the west sydney team dat will form in not to distant future. This upcoming season seems interesting with the new teams and all the headlines surrounding all clubs.

ZaraKu

HSC

West Sydney team? that's the first I've heard of a west syd team... I've heard of a Wollongong/Sth. N.S.W team and a second Vic team but not a west syd team.

But never the less welcome anyway

Roy9

HSC

Rooney, lol.... I only watched the last 20mins of that game and it was so painful to watch. Some absolutely horrendous attempts on goal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)