The Football Thread (2 Viewers)

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
re: The Official Football Thread

Reina is far better than any keeper at Arsenal :)
Yeh; although I hate Liverpool to the bone, Reina is in the Top 3 EPL goalkeepers.

ROFL, Arsenal have a wobbly polish Fabianski and a 33 yr old Almunia (never regarded as good enough for Spain national team...I wonder why??)

Mannone may eventually be an OK stopper; but one thing is for sure, he will neva be the Italian #1. :sun:

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

casillas won't be replaced anytime soon - everyone knows that - and i can't think of any other national team that wouldn't take almunia.

mannone will most definitely become italy's number one, no doubt about it.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

casillas won't be replaced anytime soon - everyone knows that - and i can't think of any other national team that wouldn't take almunia.

mannone will most definitely become italy's number one, no doubt about it.
Ur right about Casillas but as long as Stubborn Lippi is coach of Italy, he'll pick players based in Italy. Sorry, Mannone but Lippi hates English clubs.

I think the only italian international in England who has a decent chance of the 2010 World Cup is Livo's Aquilani. :(

hollaholla

HSC

Reina is far better than any keeper at Arsenal :)
Far better ? I think not...also..arsenal have 3 relatively good goalkeepers. Liverpool have one solid one. If he suffers a dip in form...who do they go to?

And...fulham 3 ..liverpool 1 as i type this post.

Aplus

HSC
N/A

Sack Benitez already... OMG

johony

HSC

as soon as i saw voronin in the line-up on match of the day
i lol'd and knew they were fucked

very interesting top 6 atm, hoping city can burst into that top 4 with a game in hand

Roy9

HSC

Let's hope Liverpool lose to Lyon again and get sent to the Europa League

Charizard

HSC

Why would you get rid of Benitez.

The guy has no fucking money to buy players, and then who do you get instead of him.

He got you to 2 champions league finals, an FA cup and challenged for the title last year.

At least give him the season to make a change then maybe sack him (if lolerpool can afford to)

johony

HSC

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

Why would you get rid of Benitez.

The guy has no fucking money to buy players, and then who do you get instead of him.

He got you to 2 champions league finals, an FA cup and challenged for the title last year.

At least give him the season to make a change then maybe sack him (if lolerpool can afford to)
haven't we heard that plea before, but we know that's not how the premier league works.

benitez had money from sales, he just spent the wrong amount on the wrong players.

the gap left my alonso is being felt moreso now than ever and an injured aquilani is of no use,

to add, i still believe 18 mil for johnson was too much.

Roy9

HSC

Hasn't Rafa had something like the 2nd or 3rd highest net spend on players since arriving in England?

blackfoxx

HSC

All of this Weeks Champions Leagues games have been played... results here :

Last edited:

Roy9

HSC

Fantastic... got to watch Lyon break Liverpool's heart again and then switched the channel in time to see West Ham score a late winner v Villa.

johony

HSC

Hasn't Rafa had something like the 2nd or 3rd highest net spend on players since arriving in England?
According to our calculations, Liverpool have spent a sizeable £190m on players (over £195m with known add-ons) since Benitez succeeded Gerard Houllier - and that figure doesn't include the purchase of Djibril Cisse, whose move from Auxerre was agreed just prior to Rafa's appointment.

Man United, on the other hand, have forked out around about £172m in basic transfer costs, with add-ons potentially taking that figure to the £180m mark. So much for the "£100 million" that Benitez believes is the reason for the gulf in quality between the two teams.

In terms of NET expenditure (i.e. the total when player sales are taken into consideration), the numbers are much, much closer. While 'Pool have recouped £102m or more, the Mancs have got back around £82m, leaving the NET sums at £88m and £90m respectively.
English Angle: Manchester United Vs Liverpool - Who's Spent More, And Who's Spent Better? - Goal.com
(apologias for the source)

so yeah, second would be right.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

van persie; arshavin - fabregas - nasri.

total fucking domination it was.

sucks to be wolves this w/e

blackfoxx

HSC

Calm down friend...

This is english football, anything can happen, we must still be on our guard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)