The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

sk1001

HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

Ok, so then who is going to get the ass and miss out on ACL qualification so that the A-League can come into line with the rest of the Asian teams? Yes, the FFA is fucked, everything would be as it should be if Melbourne and Adelaide had played in last seasons champions league, but nooooo, the Sydney-centric FFA had to do otherwise..

Gosford

HSC

dont worry...they will fix it once we get more champ league spots (i hear they are tryin to give us 4...but it could only happen when we have more teams as 50% of our league is way too high a %)

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC

Gosford said:
agreed...they are in poor form! It sucks the way things are organised atm! wats worse is Adelaide...at least victory have won 3 and drawn 1 in last 4 games.
But its sad that 5th and 6th will get thru! I wish the AFC woould review it and be more lenient (at least postpone our declaration until we have minor premiers (grand final may be too long to wait). Melbourne wopuld have done extremly well last year!
Yes that's the point I was trying to get at, if the AFC would give us until say today to name our representative we could then say, 'CCM are the best, they will represent Australia'.
But as I said, I don't follow it so I'm not sure whether they have done the draw for the Champs League but there are many different arguments that could be put forawrd, for example if they make the draw they can just leave it as an unassuming 'Australian Representative' in one of the groups to give us the extra time, but on the other hand the teams in that group MIGHT then complain that they dont get as long to evaluate their opposition etc, whereas all teams in Aus could be researching the teams in the group.

Gosford

HSC

i understand both sides of the argument...but the overriding argument that should stand heads and shoulders above the rest...The idea of the champions league is to have the best teams in asia (the best teams from their respective leagues) playin gainst each other...its not happening for the aussies with 5th and 6th!

theprince88

HSC

The FFA is not Sydney-centric at all.If you can remember we got a stupid points deduction for breaching the Salary cap. Thats hardly bias for us...

tards aren't going to finals, tards aren't going to finals, tards aren't going to finals, BUT WE ARE!

sk1001

HSC

theprince88 said:
The FFA is not Sydney-centric at all.If you can remember we got a stupid points deduction for breaching the Salary cap. Thats hardly bias for us...

tards aren't going to finals, tards aren't going to finals, tards aren't going to finals, BUT WE ARE!
FFA not sydney-centric?

Why is the grand final being held in Sydney....
Sydney didn't finish top 2, yet they will have the opportunity to play the grandfinal at home should they get that far. The final should be played on neutral ground at the very least.

Says it all really.

scum aren't going to asia, scum aren't going to asia, scum aren't going to asia, BUT WE ARE!

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC

Brosque.. how hes even managed to play at this level I don't know, two dredful misses, and he can't even blame say a bad bounce etc because they were extremely poor technique and if you were to do that in training the coach would take you aside and give you a word..

sk1001

HSC

yaywoot, I'M frOm SydnEy MAi FAbVoriT3 PlaYa_69 iS ZDRilLIC!1!

I BeT H3 Ge7S to ZDRiLL loTz of ChikZ!! Luauhgh_ouT_louD!1

blakegman

HSC
N/A

D347H574R said:
Brosque.. how hes even managed to play at this level I don't know, two dredful misses, and he can't even blame say a bad bounce etc because they were extremely poor technique and if you were to do that in training the coach would take you aside and give you a word..
I don't think thats a very fair statement. From memory he was, in the league:

season 1: 2nd top scorer
season 2: equal first top scorer ?
season3: 3rd top scorer

there pretty impressive stats for anyone. He also has pretty good speed and not bad ball skills. He just makes a few bad decisions in front of goal.

But those misses were poor. McMaster falls on his ass everytime its a one on one, someone needs to just curl one in the air or chip the bastard.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC

sk1001 said:
FFA not sydney-centric?

Why is the grand final being held in Sydney....
Sydney didn't finish top 2, yet they will have the opportunity to play the grandfinal at home should they get that far. The final should be played on neutral ground at the very least.

Says it all really.

scum aren't going to asia, scum aren't going to asia, scum aren't going to asia, BUT WE ARE!
The game is to be played in Sydney so more Central Coast/Newcastle fans can see the game? There is no stadium outside of Sydney in NSW that is above 25000 capacity.

Ticketing priority will still go to Newcastle/CCM, whoever wins.

So tell me, which is better?

Game played at Bluetounge Stadium infront of 20000 CCM/Newy fans.

OR

Game played at SFS or Telstra Stadium - infront of at least 40000 CCM/Newy fans?

It's not far from Gosford/Newcastle to Sydney.

Idiot.

sk1001

HSC

sweet_as said:
The game is to be played in Sydney so more Central Coast/Newcastle fans can see the game? There is no stadium outside of Sydney in NSW that is above 25000 capacity.

Ticketing priority will still go to Newcastle/CCM, whoever wins.

So tell me, which is better?

Game played at Bluetounge Stadium infront of 20000 CCM/Newy fans.

OR

Game played at SFS or Telstra Stadium - infront of at least 40000 CCM/Newy fans?

It's not far from Gosford/Newcastle to Sydney.

Idiot.
Sydney being "not that far" is besides the point. They have won the right to play the final infront of their home fans in their home stadium. I personally beleive the game should be played at EnergyAustralia or Bluetongue, but the decision has been made. And so this raises the question to the FFA, should the stadium criteria be changed so that all teams are able to play the grand final at their home ground should they make it?

Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if the game is played at SFS instead of ANZ stadium, especially if Sydney make it to the final.

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC

blakegman said:
I don't think thats a very fair statement. From memory he was, in the league:

season 1: 2nd top scorer
season 2: equal first top scorer ?
season3: 3rd top scorer

there pretty impressive stats for anyone. He also has pretty good speed and not bad ball skills. He just makes a few bad decisions in front of goal.

But those misses were poor. McMaster falls on his ass everytime its a one on one, someone needs to just curl one in the air or chip the bastard.
As I've said, I don't follow it, but that was terrible.

veridis

droog
HSC

question to sk1001, what do you think about SFC having no choice where to host semi because Suncorp was unavailable and there was no alternate venue of sufficiant size in Bris to host the semi on the 25th?
FFA want the biggest games in the biggest venues and don't really care what any club thinks is their 'right'. they've screwed CCM, NUJ and SFC using the exact same logic, your conspiracy theory is getting tiresome.

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC

Ok, brief thoughts on lasat nights semi, far better that the sydney/roar match. Newcastle had all the luck (though they made most of it themselves). Aloisi should have scored that penalty, but these things happen. He was unlucky his free kick didn't go in off the post. He followed that by scoring a great goal only to be ruled offside by some moronic linesman.
Griffiths goal was pure class, theres no other way to describe it, beautiful diving header from a cross that left him with a bit of work to do. The penalty was rightly awarded to Newcastle at the end and Joel Griffiths showed some good composure to step up and slot it.
Central Coast were probably the better team on the night though they couldn't produce anything in the final 3rd (mostly credit to some good NU dfence).

And lastly, the penalty that CCM got, should never have been a penalty.

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:
question to sk1001, what do you think about SFC having no choice where to host semi because Suncorp was unavailable and there was no alternate venue of sufficiant size in Bris to host the semi on the 25th?
FFA want the biggest games in the biggest venues and don't really care what any club thinks is their 'right'. they've screwed CCM, NUJ and SFC using the exact same logic, your conspiracy theory is getting tiresome.
Perhaps that's why SFC has been given compensation and a home grand final should they make it. :apig:

If the FFA wanted the biggest games at the biggest venues, the grand final would be at the MCG every year.

veridis

droog
HSC

the f3 derby was, like usual, a good game to watch. newcastle definitely have the upper hand going into second leg but 2-0 flattered them and CCM getting 2 isn't that unlikely, i reckon jets will push early for the away goal that would secure it for them. should be another open game with both teams wanting to score early.
the sydney-roar game will most likely be a snore fest again, 1 goal in 4 games so far this season. i can see kossie trying to steal a goal and then just defending, probably not caring if it goes 1-1 either.

@sk - take off your foil helmet then have another think about it

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

copied from another forum:

The erratic and unprecedented behaviour of the FFA.

this is not solely a rant about the Jets but it is something that I would like you to all read.The corrupt and injust practices of the FFA have now reached draconian proportions!!I am sure that regardless of your loyalties,when you read this you will share my concern about the future of football in this country and the route FFA is taking.COmplain and you will have numerous obstacles put in your way.

1.Last night at EAS, the squadron and Newcastle fans were physically prevented from taking ANY banners that were anti-FFA.Any banners that made fun of the Mariners were also confiscated.Banners of certain dimensions were also confiscated, as was the famous GODVIC banner,which was outlawed by FFA because it may insult the religiously inclined.What has happened to the FFA? They know that the fans are FURIOUS and now remove our freedom to dissent?? This is not on.

2.The FFA reportedly cut ABC Newcastle's broadcast of the game off MID-AIR because of royalties etc.However the Coast FM broadcast remained undisturbed.What is THAT all about?Some of us live overseas and that is the only way we can tune in.Where is the justice in that,I ask you?How can the FFA stop one broadcast and not another?

3.Ticket sales for the game..the number of patrons quoted on TV was,to anyone's eyes INCORRECT by a country mile.On both the Mariner's and Jets forums there were people saying that security was waving people through and not scanning tickets,and that the executive boxes were not included in the tally.Everyone who watched the game was adamant that there was not a spare seat in the stadium.Why are Newcastle crowds always understated? to support the FFA's removal of our rights to a home grand-final.

4.Why does the Jets have to suffer Matthew Breeze and his refereeing NINE times this season? When Mark Shield is supposed to ref the major game of the round,that suddenly changed this week.WHY???
I am sure the Mariner's fans are quite irate.

Something is wrong here folks.What is this FFA? A bunch of fascists.
Every time we try to take a step forward the FFA pushes us back.The people of the Hunter Valley are sick of this offhand, second-class treatment.

I fully believe that FFA are doing their best to prevent Newcastle from winning the Grand Final.I expect a lot of Newcastle players to be punished and maybe Joel even being sent off to allow FFA to place their sponsored team in THEIR stadium for the Grand-Final.

This isn't a rant about other clubs..good luck to whoever makes it...but just look at what the FFA does,they are no better than soccer Australia.They are petrified that people will actually call them out on it.Well..we will!!! You can take away our banners but you WON'T shut us up.

The FFA is watching you.

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:
the f3 derby was, like usual, a good game to watch. newcastle definitely have the upper hand going into second leg but 2-0 flattered them and CCM getting 2 isn't that unlikely, i reckon jets will push early for the away goal that would secure it for them. should be another open game with both teams wanting to score early.
the sydney-roar game will most likely be a snore fest again, 1 goal in 4 games so far this season. i can see kossie trying to steal a goal and then just defending, probably not caring if it goes 1-1 either.

@sk - take off your foil helmet then have another think about it
Ok, they have given the final to Sydney. I oppose the decision, but what is done is done. In your words, they want the "biggest games at the biggest venues".

ANZ Stadium has a capacity of 83,500.
Sydney Football Stadium has a capacity of 45,500.

ANZ is scheduled to host NRL Centenery fan day on the 2/2 and South Sydney Rabbitohs v St George Illawarra Dragons on 1/3. The grand final is to be played on the 24/2. There is no scheduled clash.

Yet for some reason, I beleive they will host it at the SFS. I can honestly say I will be very surprised if it is played at ANZ Stadium. I await the decision from the FFA.

edit: captain ghey, get used to it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)