The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

ZaraKu

HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

I'm just someone who thinks people have no right to judge those that they do not know from a bar of soap. I understand that you do not like the guy, that's fine, there are players I don't like much either, but I do not have the right to judge them at all.

sk1001

HSC

He's a bloody sports star for crying out loud. Anything he does in public or is released to the public can be scrutinized.

Phelps smokes a bong, people judge him. Griffiths grabs a guy around the neck, I judge him.

We are not talking about some random in the street. I have seen first hand how this guy acts and behaves and I am judging him as a result.

ZaraKu

HSC

whatever, I guess there is no point in rationalising with you.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

whatever, I guess there is no point in rationalising with you.
It's not just sk1001.

The more you listen, the more you realise there are many, many, many ordinary people out there that judge.

sk1001

HSC

I honestly don't understand what your gripe is. Have you been living under a rock or are you just deluded? He is a representative of the Newcastle Jets, and most importantly the game of football. You should be disgusted at his actions, not condoning or supporting them.

He is supposed to be a role model for crying out loud. I suppose he is lucky football doesn't get the kind of coverage AFL does in the country because when you look at it, his actions are disgraceful. When Barry Hall knocked that bloke out, people were labelling him a thug. Whether their judgment is correct or not is irrelevent, because the fact of the matter is when you are in the public eye you must be prepared for people to scrutinize your actions.

End of the day, I have my opinion, and my opinion is Griffiths is a faggot.

ZaraKu

HSC

I don't live under a rock, nor am I deluded, I have just been taught to not judge anyone, regardless of who they are or what they do, until I personally know them. I agree what he did was pretty stupid and immature, but doing it one or two times doesn't make him a complete thug. Same with the Phelps smoking a bong thing, just cause he did it once doesn't make him a drug addicted idiot. I can see that you do not share my view, and that's fine, I never said that everyone has to agree with me.

Now can we drop this argument, I'm kinda getting over trying to defend my views here, it's too monotonous..

sk1001

HSC

Just lastly, why do you have to do it more than once before you are judged? Sure, everybody makes mistakes, but the harsh reality is one slip up can cost you.

The media are harsh. Ask anybody out there who is "famous". Being judged is part and parcel of being a sports player, an actor, a singer, whatever....

ZaraKu

HSC

I have to agree with you on that point, I myself will one day become part of the media (if I get my communications degree, but I will be going on about models and clothes, not sports stars) but I hope to not become one of those "sensationalists". And I just guess that's way life is, one large court room where we are all placed under constant scrutiny and judgement, as much as I hate it, I have no choice but to accept it.

sk1001

HSC

Adelaide in TURMOIL after demolition job.
Vidmar calls Adelaide "pissant town".

rofl, this is up there with sydney fc drama

sk1001

HSC

this thread is so lame with nobody else to give it to.

ZaraKu

HSC

He only apologised cause FFA most likely forced him to. They're so uptight...

sk1001

HSC

it's got nothing to do with the ffa.
it's an internal affair.

if anything, some media bloke wrote it

ytrbut

HSC

Well I hear their asking for a "please explain" now
They are, which is farcical. Viddie didn't have a crack at the FFA, its' referees, or the opposition - this was purely internal, and it didn't bring the game into disrepute - the club, maybe, but clubs in disrepute aren't the concern of the FFA Oversensitive Committee...

ZaraKu

HSC

FFA are twats. If I remember correctly, they fined a player (can't remember who) for lifting his shirt over his head after scoring a goal. And they banned another (ex-jet Edmundo Zura) from wearing a mask that he'd wear when playing for his old team in Ecuador. And us jets and coastie fans remember them not letting either team have a home Grand Final

ytrbut

HSC

FFA are twats. If I remember correctly, they fined a player (can't remember who) for lifting his shirt over his head after scoring a goal. And they banned another (ex-jet Edmundo Zura) from wearing a mask that he'd wear when playing for his old team in Ecuador. And us jets and coastie fans remember them not letting either team have a home Grand Final
Ironically, for interstate-based fans of the two sides, it actually made life easier to get to the ground for the GF - although it doesn't mean that the FFA weren't twats for having it at Bluetongue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)