The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

occer

HSC
N/A
re: The Official Football Thread

Manc derby was one of the best games I've ever seen.

Love ya Owen.

louy

HSC
N/A

didn't owen score at +5.30?

i don't believe it takes a whole minute to celebrate a goal, and another 30 secs for a sub.

anyway i agree with the notion that a draw would've been harsh on manure, seeing as they played really well second half - and could've scored more if berbatov wasn't so shit.
Just watched the Match Analysis on Match of the Day (BBC)

90'00'' Full time
04'00'' Minutes Added on
00'56''Bellamy Celebration (Ball crossing line to Restart)
00'30'' Subsitution allowance

95'26'' Total.

Owen Scored 95'27

The ref did a pretty good job and got the timing spot on. Nothing there for Man City to complain about

skut8

Not 'Scoot', 'Skut'
HSC

In any case, 4 minutes is the minimum. I think Hughes was fuming about why 4 was given in the first place though.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

foster really has to go.. other then that we played pretty good but giggs really showed he still has it
exactly, no offence to the guy but he needs way more practice if indeed Capello decides to play him in South Africa 2010.

On current form, Hart seems to be a contender and if Capello does look at youth, maybe Scott Carson as one of the 3 in the squad? Although Carson's slow reaction caused one of the Croat strikers to score which eventually led to NO euro 08 for England, he has played pretty decent in the Championship (although by far easier than the EPL).

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

In any case, 4 minutes is the minimum. I think Hughes was fuming about why 4 was given in the first place though.
I reckon Man Utd would have won 7-3 or more if Given was still at Tyneside.

Its kinda funny how Man City pull a decent youth in Joe Hart, and they make him play with Dunne as a defender, and later he joins Birmingham on loan, and he is making brilliant saves.

Now, Man City have signed a 32 yr old static Reflex keeper in Given and a 28 yr old former 'Arsenal' youth product in Stuart Taylor. Do any of you guys know what happened to Taylor as when he was about 22-23 yrs old, people were mentioning "future England GK"....but now, he's been a reserve for the past few seasons.

Roy9

HSC

Mannone saved Arsenal's ass big time. If Almunia was playing Fulham would've won easily

And Vinnie Grella got sent off v Villa for two stupid fouls.... he's such a mug.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

Dear Mr Wenger,

Where do you find these chaps?

Kind regards,

Izzay

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

Dear Mr Wenger,

Where do you find these chaps?

Kind regards,

Izzay
Dear Izzay; Wenger finds these chaps through high-quality scouting and youth development. Though 'some' of his more-talented youngsters have been snapped from Barcelona's academy....Fabregas, Merida...

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

Mannone saved Arsenal's ass big time. If Almunia was playing Fulham would've won easily

And Vinnie Grella got sent off v Villa for two stupid fouls.... he's such a mug.
yeh; Mannone made a brilliant double save to deny Dempsey and Johnson. This kid will dismantle Almunia's #1 by the end of the season.

No offence to Fabianski, but he seems shaky on high crosses and long shots.

Haha if you look at Arsenal's #1 goalkeepers: Lehmann (german)...taken out by un-capped Spanish Almunia and now he will be taken out by the Italian Mannone; with that polish 17/18 yr old goalkeeper looking very good as well. :sun:

Roy9

HSC

Fuck sake, Fifa 10 out now and I won't be able to play it for another week or two (gotta get my xbox fixed). Bloody painful seeing it on sale in the shops today

skut8

Not 'Scoot', 'Skut'
HSC

Fuck sake, Fifa 10 out now and I won't be able to play it for another week or two (gotta get my xbox fixed). Bloody painful seeing it on sale in the shops today
Goin' for 110. Blow in the pocket. But I've read reviews saying it's excellent. Should be good.

Roy9

HSC

JB are selling it for 89 I think. If they don't have it in stock just print off their online catalogue of the game and show it to EB and they'll price match

Charizard

HSC

Chelsea 2 - 0 Liverpool.

See you next year scousers.

Roy9

HSC

Chelsea 2 - 0 Liverpool.

See you next year scousers.
"We're one piece of the jigsaw away"

"Next season is our season"

Anyway, Casillas saved Real from suffering a massive defeat. Marcelo is a terrible LB

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

"We're one piece of the jigsaw away"

"Next season is our season"

Anyway, Casillas saved Real from suffering a massive defeat. Marcelo is a terrible LB
Marcelo will improve over the next 3-4 seasons; but NOT as a left-back at Real Madrid, his pace and skill suits a Left-winger/Left-midfield role.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

vermaaaeeelleeennn
what a great signing for the gunners; now there defence is all european (well...3 french and the belgian international!!) :lol::lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)