The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The Official Football Thread

love balotelli. doesnt deserves all the shit he is copping... dzeko is the real wanker who didnt make any difference at all against sunderland. mancini is a quality tactician no doubt, just has piss poor man management skills
i dont get why mancini puts up with balotelli's antics (throwing darts, randomly showing up to a inter milan press conference, on-field fighting, lack of goal celebrations, rebelious nature). if i were a man city fan, i'd want him out of the club asap.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

For a neutral, I guess Balotelli provides excellent entertainment

berrss

HSC

man city fans love balotelli. he does act differently that but thats why people love him , and hes the only player i know of who actually goes out and visits fans and shit. and he's a great player. compared to me/liverpool fans wanting andy carrol gone he's got nothing on him.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

man city fans love balotelli. he does act differently that but thats why people love him , and hes the only player i know of who actually goes out and visits fans and shit. and he's a great player. compared to me/liverpool fans wanting andy carrol gone he's got nothing on him.
oh you're a livo fan too? know dat feel :(

anyway, can't deny the guy's talented lol, pretty funny when he tried to start shit with kolarov in that match with the free kick argument

lpower3

HSC

anyway, can't deny the guy's talented lol, pretty funny when he tried to start shit with kolarov in that match with the free kick argument
regardless of how egotistic he is and the complete disregard towards a decent attitute, the guy has talent - and lots of it. hes been quoted as saying he can be better then messi and ronaldo and as far fetched as it sounds, if he actually puts some decent hours in he could one day get to that level. and thats a big IF.

lpower3

HSC

regardless of how egotistic he is and the complete disregard towards a decent attitute, the guy has talent - and lots of it. hes been quoted as saying he can be better then messi and ronaldo and as far fetched as it sounds, if he actually puts some decent hours in he could one day get to that level. and thats a big IF.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

FINALLY.

An excuse to go to A-League games. Hopefully it's not like in Penrith or something though... hopefully it's close to home.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Champions League Semi-Finals:

Barcelona vs Chelsea
Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

love balotelli. doesnt deserves all the shit he is copping... dzeko is the real wanker who didnt make any difference at all against sunderland. mancini is a quality tactician no doubt, just has piss poor man management skills
In terms of man-management at Manchester City, Mancini may not be effective but he's probably at a club which needs it the most. Mancini would be a good man-manager at any other club but in the worst clubs. To say he is piss poor is unfair on him.

Last edited:

lvella10

HSC

Salivating over the bayern munich vs Madrid tie ...

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC

No suprises then. Loved jose's post match interview "It will not be a Real Madrid v Chelsea final...and you know why". Haha brilliant. Not saying enough to get fined for it but enough for us to get the point.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

No suprises then. Loved jose's post match interview "It will not be a Real Madrid v Chelsea final...and you know why". Haha brilliant. Not saying enough to get fined for it but enough for us to get the point.
Not really endearing himself to the board at CFC by doing that.

Anyone think that he would reject an approach from Chelsea if they wanted him to manage the club again?

lvella10

HSC

I think if ribery plays like he did vs marsielle in the second leg it'll definitely make things interesting .. not sure if di maria could contain him considering he's only just coming back from injury .. Gomez, robben, muller are strong, but so are every single player at madrid -.- aha

lvella10

HSC

I don't think he'll take the reign at CFC again .. Maybe replace SAF at Man utd *fingers crossed*

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Absolutely chuffed at how our season has gone so far.

To sum up, the clubs with the $$$, namely Chelsea & Liverpool effectively financed our rise up the table.

On the flipside, they've both fucked up this season. Magical.

With a few more signings for next season, I would say we're in for a shout of regular European football.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Newcastle

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC

Not really endearing himself to the board at CFC by doing that.

Anyone think that he would reject an approach from Chelsea if they wanted him to manage the club again?
He was refering to the obvious referee favouritism towards barca rather than taking a shot at chelsea. Think back to the decisive decisions they have had in their favour in the past few years:
08/09 - 4 clear penalties for chelsea turned down in the semis
09/10 - Motta red card
10/11 - Van persie red card
11/12 - 2nd penalty against milan (although some people find this one to be debateable)

Also i think he'd certainly come back but i dont think it'd be before his contract expires with madrid

lvella10

HSC

Gotta love the boys from the toon .. Cisse has been on fire recently and demba ba has something like 17 goals in the premier league this season :)
I miss Shearer still aha

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

We're pretty close to having a complete side.

Basically our fullback spots need to be fixed up. Danny Simpson isn't really an effective fullback because he always backs away from the ball when he is one-on-one with an opposing winger. In most cases, a cross is delivered into our box when Simpson is playing at right back. Similarly, Santon (who we signed from Inter) plays more like a winger than a left back as he tends to carry the ball all the way up into the opponents half. When the opposing team is attacking on the break, it leaves us quite vulnerable so Gutierrez usually has to cover for him.

We also need another quality centre back because we really lack depth in that area. We only has three senior centrebacks on our books (namely Coloccini, S. Taylor and Williamson). Fortunately for us, Perch has decided that playing like a headless chicken wasn't the way to go so he has been playing extremely well whenever he has been in the side as of late.

Very pleased we're playing with a 4-3-3 formation though. A front 3 of Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa is definitely of European quality.

We just need to consolidate this would great squad depth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)