The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The Official Football Thread

I like Ligue 1 for the unpredictability. PSG might just screw that up so I'm pleased with the finish in France.

will_

HSC
Uni Grad

who would have thought three years ago (when french football was dominated by marseille, lyon, bordeaux) that we'd have a top three of montpellier, psg and lille

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Liverpool are struggling to get high-profile managers to remain interested in the job.

How the "mighty" have fallen.

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad

as an everton fan i will be delighted if liverpool sign martinez
Lol how sad that Liverfool are looking to sign a manager who had an average season with Wigan of all clubs. Are they attempting to become a mid-table club now? Seems that ever since they've not been able to taste any Champions League or Europa League football their goals have been lowered with each season. Next thing you know and they might chuck a West Ham or Newcastle and get relegated. :D

will_

HSC
Uni Grad

yeah, i am struggling to understand why he is the main contender for the role, for someone who has not acheived much and has come from wigan athletic of all places

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC

Lol how sad that Liverfool are looking to sign a manager who had an average season with Wigan of all clubs. Are they attempting to become a mid-table club now? Seems that ever since they've not been able to taste any Champions League or Europa League football their goals have been lowered with each season. Next thing you know and they might chuck a West Ham or Newcastle and get relegated. :D
Hahaha so far Guardiola, Capello, Rodgers, De Boer, Klopp has turned them down. Pray they get martinez. At least they'll have experience when it comes to battling relegation that way

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Counting the days until Alan Smith is released.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

we have re-signed disaster distin for another season. hopefully one of our young centre-halfs steps up and takes his place though
Do you have any decent youngsters on the fringe or in the Reserves?

Decent season review this by Sky Sports:

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad

As a United fan I want Leighton Baines during this transfer window. He's such a classy player and since he's 27 he should be at his peak as a footballer. I'm sure Everton will let him go at a reasonable price :D

Great replacement for Evra at left back.

will_

HSC
Uni Grad

i would rather we sell rodwell and get a quality sum than letting go of baines whose crosses are quality.

also those skysports season review vids are always great to watch. im going to watch the one above this arvo after i sit my eng task later today

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad

i would rather we sell rodwell and get a quality sum than letting go of baines whose crosses are quality.

also those skysports season review vids are always great to watch. im going to watch the one above this arvo after i sit my eng task later today
No give us Baines :p

One of the few English players that play proper football.

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC

Anyone here watch enough of lille to know how eden hazard will do in the prem? Ive only seen him in those short highlights packages on youtube.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Glad to see Cabaye and Ben Arfa make the final 23 for the French in Euro 2012.

We're being heavily linked with Debuchy who is also in the squad.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

gourcuff who was probably france's number 1 player at the last world cup is no longer able to make the euro squad
Not too difficult to be a good performer in that particular squad. 2010 was a disaster for France.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)