• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Four Year Plan ..please Help (1 Viewer)

xena01

HSC
N/A
heyy if yu could just let me know
i) What was the Four Year Plan?

ii) What were its aims?

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']iii) Who was the architect of the Four Year Plan?[/FONT]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']PLEASE THANKS[/FONT]

Kujah

HSC
N/A

xena01

HSC
N/A
thankss for tha help
yeh i triedd google and all my textbooks but i didnt find it in my textbooks i loookd like a hundred timess
and google i found that it didnt have a proper explanations
thanks heapss:D

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Well, I found some information from books:

By 1936, the German economy was firmly on the path to recovery and the Nazi party was secure in power...In August 1936 Hitler dictated a secret memorandum on the state of the Germany economy and the need for Germany to increase the pace of rearmament...In September 1936 at the annual party rally at Nuremberg, Hitler announced the Four Year Plan and placed Herman Goering in charge.

A key part of the plan was to achieve autarky or economic self-sufficiency in food and raw materials...Work began on the production of synthetic rubber and textiles and the development of better oil and petroleum supplies, and the iron and steel industry was expanded...Between 1936 and 1939, 65% of all German industrial investment went to war related projects, and by 1939, 55% of all government spending was on the military forces of the Reich.
Mason, K.J Republic to Reich p157

The 4 Year plan altered the structure of the German economy. Its ostensible aim was to make Germany as independent as possible from both industrial and agricultural imports, although Hitler realised that complete autarky was impossible within the traditional boundaries of Germany

From 1936, a number of large plants was built for the production of synthetic oil and rubber, and the giant Hermann Goering Steel Works, part of the 4 year plan, was set up. By 1939, approximately 17% of Germany's GNP, or approximately 30 billion marks, was spent on armaments- greater than any other European power but nothing like enough to prepare Germany for a full-scale war
McCallum, A. Germany 1918-1945: Democracy to Dictatorship p97

Hope this helps :)

xena01

HSC
N/A
yeeeh thankyuu
yu helped alot
:) very much appreciated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)