The Fresh Food Song....On that Fresh Food Song (1 Viewer)

i remember 5ive

HSC
N/A
ATTN Woolies Workers: How much do you just want to cry when that "Fresh Food People" song comes on??
I tell you, there's times when I've been choking back the tears.

At least it's only on every hour now, used to be every half hour.

Which do you think is worse, Woolies shitty Bakcstreet Boys and Spice Girls with Missy Higgins chucked in so we seem "hip" or K-Mart Radio?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
At Harvey Norman we constantly had to listen to that bloody Harvey Norman jingle, ya know go harvey go harvey etc. Nearly drove me insane and I only worked there a couple of months. Then at Coles they kept on playing the Spray and Wipe jingle continually grrrrr.

When I worked at Cirque du Soleil we heard the same music all the time but because it was cool music (and a short stint job) it wasn't too bad.

But even at my parents shop where we just play the local radio station the same sorts of songs are on on the same nights cos it is all just playlists late at night.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i remember 5ive said:
ATTN Woolies Workers: How much do you just want to cry when that "Fresh Food People" song comes on??
I tell you, there's times when I've been choking back the tears.

At least it's only on every hour now, used to be every half hour.

Which do you think is worse, Woolies shitty Bakcstreet Boys and Spice Girls with Missy Higgins chucked in so we seem "hip" or K-Mart Radio?
haha i don't work at woolies anymore... but i hated that whole "it's more than just a job, it's an obsession" sales pitch.

if it was an obsession, i would want to be at work. i would enjoy dealing with shitty customers. i would be nice to you. so do not ask if i really am obsessed with working at woolies!

ahhhhh it's so nice not working there anymore...

chepas

HSC
i remember 5ive said:
How much do you just want to cry when that "Fresh Food People" song comes on??
I heard that once when I tuned my ears in, and then I thought to myself, you poor, poor souls who work there...

braindrainedAsh said:
Then at Coles they kept on playing the Spray and Wipe jingle continually grrrrr.
I met the woman who sings that jingle once! At some motivational youth week SRC bullshit day and she was a speaker... She's also the voice of Blinky Bill...

Anyway, at Targé we have the finest music over the PA. They put together these godawful compilations called "Target - Easy Listening Hits April 2005", May 2005, June 2005 etc. The same CD of about 50 minutes long is played over, and over, and over, and over. At the first of every month they change it and then after the 5th day one is sick of the songs. Among the selection this month is "Kokomo". Glad to say that I can't remember much from last month but they should come flooding back to me in a nightmare.

But one month they didn't change it, and we had the CD for two months. Pure torture on Saturday mornings when there is NO-ONE in the store, it's dead and there is nothing to do.

Every few songs there's an arpeggio on a xylophone then a woman with a That's Life magazine voice does an ad for some random product, like those Oral B finger toothbrushes.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i feel sorry for you woolies workers! that song is annoying once, let alone over and over alll day. :( i would die...

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
chepas said:
Anyway, at Targé we have the finest music over the PA. They put together these godawful compilations called "Target - Easy Listening Hits April 2005", May 2005, June 2005 etc. The same CD of about 50 minutes long is played over, and over, and over, and over. At the first of every month they change it and then after the 5th day one is sick of the songs. Among the selection this month is "Kokomo". Glad to say that I can't remember much from last month but they should come flooding back to me in a nightmare.

But one month they didn't change it, and we had the CD for two months. Pure torture on Saturday mornings when there is NO-ONE in the store, it's dead and there is nothing to do.

Every few songs there's an arpeggio on a xylophone then a woman with a That's Life magazine voice does an ad for some random product, like those Oral B finger toothbrushes.
do you know what was even worse? working at myer over christmas, they had one playlist. it had like 10 songs on it. so every 40 mins or so you'd hear "six white boomers" over again, and "too fat for the chimney". freaking hell that drives you insane!!! especially when i was working 60 hour weeks, and they had that playlist for over 2 months!!!

"too fat for the chimney, too fat for the chimney, so open the door and let poor santa claus in, there's no room for his tummy, so do somehting mummy, without santa claus there'll be no christmas this year! (too fat, fat, fat... he's too fat, fat, fat.)"

ARRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

lei

HSC
i used to work at franklins.. ours was so much worse i reckon. firstly there was 'that's what i like about franklins' and just when i thought there was no way a more annoying jingle could exist.. along came 'cheap and cheerful franklins'. Agony i tell ya.. pure agony

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i find much more annoying

"and have a cup of tea while your shopping *annoying bitches laugh*"

yes natstar, christmas at woolies is murder.....SOMEBODY MAKE SOME NEW X-MAS CAROLS

chepas

HSC
CHRISTMAS

Oh dear.

That's a whole new kettle of fish.

Happily I no longer remember the songs, but however many months before Christmas the CD was already playing. It was horrible. And the shifts were longer, so more chance for the disc to repeat and repeat and repeat.

Ah wait, "All I want for Christmaaaaaaaaaas is yoouuuuuuuuuuuu". At least 498 times a day. A compilation of every diva under the sun singing Chrissie carols. Shudder.

But - the Aussie versions of the Christmas carols as ^^? That's even worse :S.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
yes well i neglected to mention that the version of 6 white boomers was sung by russell coight/glen robbins. trust me, it's infinitely worse.

so we have a very australian six white boomers, too fat for the chimney, and then they played that delta christmas carol... was it "and so this is christmas?" i can't remembre that one.

that christmas was agony. do you have any idea what it's like at 2 am on the 8pm to 8am shift when those songs are playing... it;s enough to institutionalise us all!!!

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
I know yo hear that damn woolies song over and over again esp when you are working 12-21 shift...but that slightly changed our soundtrack omg they added some new stuff aka stuff from the mid-90's lol

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
illuzionz said:
When your bathroom smells all mouldy, it is such a horror story, theres no need to fear, ajax bath removers here. its blah blah and it wont make you suffer, 80% less fumes

DIE YOU ANNOYING BITCH
ahhhhh!

i've been going around singing that and it's gotten to the point where i've made up new lyrics to go along with my trials study

like:

in 68 A.D.
nero killed himself slowly
setting off a civil war
and emperors there were 4
they were all really shit
except vespasian - he was it
he restored peace to rome
to let the soldiers all go home
then came the dynasty
of the flavian family
vespasian la la la

HSC
illuzionz said:
When your bathroom smells all mouldy, it is such a horror story, theres no need to fear, ajax bath removers here. its blah blah and it wont make you suffer, 80% less fumes

DIE YOU ANNOYING BITCH
It looked as pretty as a picture
but inside it really hit ya
the place had been let go
by some naughty so and so

and to make it squeaky clean
kill the germs that can't be seen
ajax anti bac
kills the germs dead in their tracks

ajax anti bac protects
cause it cleans and disinfects
we got the cleaning out of the way
so we could enjoy our holiday

so thank you
ajax anti bac

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO... NOW IT'S IN MY HEAD
WHAT HAVE WE DONE?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
do they play that one at other stores? its just the mould remover at my store. not sure if that's any better.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
oh that stupid big w song... "you know the price is low everyday, at big w we'll help you save in every way! *insert random catalogue prices here* AT BIG W!"
kill. big.w.
we dont get many adds but we always get andrew daddo or whoever he is advertising his books on the pa thing.. they have about 2 every 15 minutes :vcross:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
A mate of mine works at woolies and he's got the nickname "Fresh" because when he finished work, he'd come over to people's places and still have the fresh cap on. That was an awesome cap, but apparently they have to take it off now.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
no no no what i hate is the home shop ad with that bloody annoying woman who laughs AHHHHHHHHHHH i don't care that you can shop in your pjs ahhhh. the fresh song was tops for like a week...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)