• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The friendzone. (1 Viewer)

michaeljennings

HSC
But it's the fear of one day seeing the girl that you love with another dude.
I feel for you bro. Somehow you gotta get over her though or you could end up writing a book about all this. If she claims she only wants to be friends and she's buying you subway then shes either a bitch for messing with your mind or she genuinely thinks of you as a best friend.

HSC
Like I've said, I value our friendship and there's nothing wrong with being just friends...

But it's the fear of one day seeing the girl that you love with another dude.
So what if she's with another dude. As long as she's still your friend and doesn't treat you any different, what's the problem?
You don't honestly think you love her, do you? Love is a big word. Sure it's not just lust or something?
Maybe you just realllllllly like her. I bet you anything that in a few months time with nothing going on between you two, you'll get over her.

michaeljennings

HSC
Shouldn't it be you giving her the footlong..?
LOL there was actually a girl in my grade who thought men's penises were actually meant to be a foot in length and this was last year when we were in year 11. Poor deluded girl

kcqn93

HSC
So what if she's with another dude. As long as she's still your friend and doesn't treat you any different, what's the problem?
You don't honestly think you love her, do you? Love is a big word. Sure it's not just lust or something?
Maybe you just realllllllly like her. I bet you anything that in a few months time with nothing going on between you two, you'll get over her.
Yeah, the word just slipped. But this is likely to happen, although I don't want it to...

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I feel for you bro. Somehow you gotta get over her though or you could end up writing a book about all this. If she claims she only wants to be friends and she's buying you subway then shes either a bitch for messing with your mind or she genuinely thinks of you as a best friend.
I think the latter.

HSC
Uni Grad
Why don't you want it to?
You've been friendzoned. Isn't it better to move on and not lose a friend?
Idk about you but that would probably kill me to be so close but so far to someone you care so much about.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Shadow's advice kinda gives me hope...

Anyhow... me and the girl have lunch every Tuesdays at uni. Should I go or skip it?
I don't get it. What's wrong with being friend zoned?

Just be their friend. So what if he/she doesn't want anymore? If you really liked them for who they are, that shouldn't matter to you anyway
He doesn't like being friend-zoned because that means he can't end up marrying the girl or having her as his girlfriend - which is what he wants.

Shouldn't it be you giving her the footlong..?
I lol'd.

kcqn93

HSC
This thread is so depressing...

I didn't think I would fall for a girl in university, especially being an engineering student... Haha.

So how does one break contact and remain good friends? Is it even possible?

HSC
Idk about you but that would probably kill me to be so close but so far to someone you care so much about.
that doesn't make *any* sense
So close but so far? I don't get you.
He doesn't like being friend-zoned because that means he can't end up marrying the girl or having her as his girlfriend - which is what he wants.
Girlfriend?
Girlfriend is pretty much bestfriend+ lovey dovey moments
Just be her best friend. You're only missing out on the lovey dovey side of things, which imo isn't important

anne1010

HSC
I don't really have anything better to do... This is how the lunches came about before I came to like her. We became lunch friends so that we didn't have to eat alone. :\

What would you guys say about this;
Last Monday, I had classes from 8am to 4pm with no breaks. She figured I would be hungry so she brought me a subway and a drink to my lecture. A normal friend wouldn't do that right?!
lol i wouldnt do that for anyone. thats really sweet of her, and like i said earlier, i believe that she does have feelings for you. something tells me that she does. she'll realise it one day and for your sake, i hope its when ur still around and not once u get over her and find someone new.

HSC
Uni Grad
Being friends but not having a relationship with them. Seeing them every day where they see you as a friend and you desire something more.

HSC

Girlfriend?
Girlfriend is pretty much bestfriend+ lovey dovey moments
Just be her best friend. You're only missing out on the lovey dovey side of things, which imo isn't important
I reckon friend zone is a good thing.
You're more likely to not lose a friend this way. Rather than going out with a really good friend, which then confirms the realisation that you don't even like them in that way, they're heartbroken, things get awkward, and you lose a friend.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
This thread is so depressing...

I didn't think I would fall for a girl in university, especially being an engineering student... Haha.

So how does one break contact and remain good friends? Is it even possible?
You can't not talk to your friends or they aren't your friends. You can't break contact and still be friends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)