The future (1 Viewer)

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
high school pay is only shit if you teach at public.. hence try to go catholic or private
and also u get like 12 weeks of holiday every year.. you get a whole term paid leave every 10 years.. weekends off ahh the joy

im hoping to do a bachelor of arts- psychology with a diploma in education at macquarie uni
yeh but the thing is that i go to a catholic school and they are catholic school teachers that are telling me all that!! but still, i dont think thats what should matter when choosing a career.

i also wanted to do psychology for ages but when my brother finished school he went and did it and i dont really want to do the same thing as him so yeh.. teaching or law it is :D

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
my tutor told me that the only bad thing about teaching private schools are that they have to work sat morning because thats when sport is scheduled. but the good thing is that they pay you for what you're worth. ie. if youre a physics teacher and last year, you got, 40 people from your class in the top 100 of the state, then theyre obviuosly going to pay you alot. in some circumstances, teachers get paid more than the principal

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
when i was young it was astronomy
then there was the dinosaur phase
and recently a chef
you wanted to be a dinosaur at some stage? :eek:

well for me, teaching is quite appealing, but teenagers are annoying. Ill prolly wanna be a uni professor if i can handle it.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
For the moment, my plan is to do a BA at USyd. Not sure from there, but I'd like to enter academia, or something else 'scholarly', preferably involving writing.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by PaleReflection
BA in Philosophy, but where does that get you?
Nowhere, because you will analyse what a specific job will get you and realise that further your spritual self you will live a hermits life in Tibet.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by virgin^sexy
haha i know what you mean!
i told some of my teachers that i wanted to teach high school and theyre just like 'are you crazy?? its the worst' and im like well wtf are you doing?? haha
and they say the pay is shit too..
My english teacher says teaching english is hard coz she has 6 classes so she had to read 6 differrent books and talk about them and be up to date. She said be anything but an english teacher

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
Nowhere, because you will analyse what a specific job will get you and realise that further your spritual self you will live a hermits life in Tibet.
It was a rhetorical question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)