The General "How did you go in Modern?" Thread (1 Viewer)

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
excellent exam. (btw i studied peace!)

ww1 i did in like 15.
Indonesia q i loved.
Sukarno qs i loved
South Africa q i loved the most cos i studied it heaps and just knew all the dates and everything!

i wrote 41 pages. the most ever, and my writings average to large

anyway hope yall went well

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Hey did anyone keep lookin at their ww1 questions like there should have been more? I kept thinkin they were trick questions or somethin!! lol, i was like hey thats President Wilson, hang on is that it?? No cant be, sat there for like 5 mins pondering, then moved on lol. Anyway some guy in my class left an hour into it - at least i did better than he did!!! Come on at least do an hour and a half or sumfin, look like u tried!!

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
I thought it was a fairly average paper. WWI (except for focussing on Bloody Paris Peace Conference of all bloody things!!) and Indochina were okay. It was hard to decide what to talk about for Indochina though.

But National Study...I did USA and it was TOTALLY frigged in the head. The questions weren't that hard but they annoyed me. The second personality question for Hearst was stupid as it asked for economic and social impact of his publications (Me thinkies) and Hearst had only a small impact on the bleedy economic policies of the US government...most of his impact was on other stuff...

It infuriated me...and I really wanted a racism question for USA...instead got some piss weak conservatism one...heehehehe.

It was OKAY.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Skillo said:
I thought it was a fairly average paper. WWI (except for focussing on Bloody Paris Peace Conference of all bloody things!!) and Indochina were okay.
To be fair though, last year's WWI section was largely about the 1914 Christmas truce, so Paris couldn't have been too bad, right?

Most of the essay questions sound decent enough, although that may differ in the perspective of those actually doing Modern History this year. (I'm another '03 student.)

Acid

HSC
I've said this in other threads but I might as well post a comment here. Test was fair enough - nothing came from left-field at all and the essay questions were fair. I think I did decently, but my severe lack of study meant that my evidence was quite scarce...

Glad it's over though!

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Did anyone else have their markers say..."sorry, but for WW1, we can only accept your answer sheet and not any booklets you used?"

They tried to tell us that, we enededup getting them to staple the booklet to the answer and then went, lets let BoS see what they think.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
nah theyre supposed to staple the booklets, they cant refuse it

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
test was moderate to hard in comparison to other years

i didn't study too much but got asked the questions i could answer
i didn;t ahve too much evidence or quotes, but i think i impressed with my ideas
meh
will find out in december

good luck for the rest of your exams

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
u only prepared weimar dint ya gordo, shit man u were very lucky i guess u found that question alrite

Candypants

I really liked the exam. No suprises. Except I hadn't looked at the Paris Peace Conference since the half yearly but, oh well.... :)

Samiwami

HSC
i thought ww1 was way easy.
germany was hardish coz teacher didnt teach us the rite stuff
leni was mad fun
vietnam can go to hell!!!!! i wrote ONE page!!!!
i spoke to the people in my class and we figured the most that was written was 3. our teacher didn't teach us anything that was to do with the test so i guess the 04 newcastle tafe modern history class marks are going to be at an all time low.

propagandhi

HSC
N/A
overall i thought it was a good paper...
world war one was a joke, i think you would have had to actively attempt to fuck it up to get even half marks for it. phew, a bonus when i couldnt be bothered studying for it....

the russia and indochina essays were the best sort of questions for me- war communism and the 'social' side of indochina, exactly what i crammed for and was interested in. even managed to dump some convincing historian accounts :)

trotsky questions never differ too much but they were both pretty fair, problem is our teacher didnt really start trotsky with us until the tutorials before the trials...eep...

all in all, it wasnt worth the stress... which is always good. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)