• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The good old 'on ABC this afternoon' shows (1 Viewer)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Thats right. I'm talking about those TV shows you always came home to after school most likely to be on the ABC;

-Power Rangers [wasnt on ABC I thik]
-Captain Planet
-Round the Twist
-Alex Mack[I realised the other thread]
-Some Morris Gleitzman show

You get the point. Now reminisce.

"Mastodon, Pterodactlyl, ??? Stegosaurus ???, Sabre Tooth Tiger. TYRANOOSAURUS REX"

Go go power rangers........

And then the baddie would fight them. Then the baddie would sizify 1000 times bigger. Then they would call their individual machines. Then the indiviudal machines would make MEGAZORD! And Megazord would call for his Sword which would land in front of his feet, probably killing the thousands below. Then if Megazord couldnt handle it, they would call upon White Ranger (the ranger previously known as Green). And his machine would try to beat it. And if that didnt work, the white rangers turtle like beat would hook on to Megazords back and the baddie would get owned. Then the baddie boss [Rita or the Z-guy] would say "I'll get you next time Power Rangers!", while on Earth the robot and the floating head in the tube would say "Well done Rangers". Thats all I can remember.

How about Captain Planet;

"Earth"
"Fire"
"Wind"
'Water"

*cue to the native indian guy getting pwned*

*monkey takes ring from owners hand*

"oo-ooo-aa-aa heart"

WITH ALL YOUR POWERS COMBINED.....

Ahhhhhh, those were the days young buckies.

Generator

HSC
N/A
*shakes head*

Dragging the ABC's image with respect to programming for younger viewers through the dirt by associating it with the Power Rangers. Shameful.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
I wanted to be the pink one... oh you know... the one played by Amy jo Johnson. I remember somebody once had a power rangers party. And the guy i went to the formal with went as the black one (this was when we were like 9 or something...). I think the power rangers movie sucked... why do they always turn tv series into movies... shame shame shame

But what about shows like animorphs, the ferals, Hey Arnold, lift off, Catdog, rugrats, Rocko's modern life and the angry beavers and that one where the animals migrated from their home habitat, which was doomed, across the country to some nature reserve. I liked that show... Ah the good old days I think as the years went on, they stopped having those tweenie dramas and moved to showing lal the nickelodean shows. Pity they never showed the Amanda show on ABC. God that was my favourite show of all time

"knock knock" *south american drawl*
"who's there"
"li'le fish"
"Li'le fish who?"
"I'm gonna knock u over the head with a li'le fish!" whack.

slip

HSC
heartbreak high
blue water high (or wateva its called thats on wednesday at 5:30)

that is all

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Arrrr! Real Monsters. (Favourite)

Then theres:

Widget The World Watcher
Victor & Hugo
Super Ted
Banana Man
Gumby (Classic)

Not to mention the creepy Liftoff with the talking Aloe-lie plant and elevator, with the faceless doll.

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
bscienceboi said:
Arrrr! Real Monsters. (Favourite)

Then theres:

Widget The World Watcher
Victor & Hugo
Super Ted
Banana Man
Gumby (Classic)

Not to mention the creepy Liftoff with the talking Aloe-lie plant and elevator, with the faceless doll.
Brilliant, I was gonna say Widget, Gumby and Banana Man but I forgot all about Super Ted! There were others i watched but have forgotten them :(

persephone

HSC
All I can remember ....

Arrgh! Real Monsters
Captain Planet
Alex Mack
The Tomorrow People
The Gazette (?)
Julio and Julia
Alvin and the Chipmunks (?)
I forget the name but the one set in England with the 2 homeless children, cartoon, one with orange hair, they lived on a boat...
Bump in the Night
The Biz
Banana Man
Round the Twist
Minty
Ocean Girl

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
persephone said:
All I can remember ....

Arrgh! Real Monsters
Captain Planet
Alex Mack
The Tomorrow People
The Gazette (?)
Julio and Julia
Alvin and the Chipmunks (?)
I forget the name but the one set in England with the 2 homeless children, cartoon, one with orange hair, they lived on a boat...
Bump in the Night
The Biz
Banana Man
Round the Twist
Minty
Ocean Girl
i remember the homeless kids on the boat it was set in 1800's ay i remember a jack the ripper sort of episode aswell it was good show but they also had other homeless friends to

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
llamalope said:
and of course, back in the day, there was Rocky and Bullwinke (I con't believe nobody watched that show. You guys are seriously deprived) and roger ramjet!
I loved Rocky and Bullwinkle but I don't ever remember watching it in Australia but rather in the US when I was a kid.

Others are:
Postman Pat
Noddy
Bump In The NIght? (Under The Bed)

Honestly I tuned in to ABC the other day and some of the cartoons they have are just strange in a not-child friendly way.

HSC
Bookie said:
No, its not that.

Llamalope, are you talking about the one with the pink elephant, the harmonium thingy, the blackrobot, and the hot watter bottle?
lol ohhhh I didn't even think of Johnson and Friends! Come to think of it that's a pretty common theme for ABC kids shows, there's another one I remember seeing a few time which isn't either of those... was actually set in a toy shop instead of a bedroom, don't really remember much else though.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Tintin !
Adventures of Spot !
Danger Mouse !
Madeline...
Mr Squiggle !
Miffy...
Ghost Writer !! (the flying ball of light that solved mysteries)
Blinky Bill
Oliver Twist
Brum
Rag Dolls
Rockos Modern Life !!!!! (!!!!)
Freaky Stories
Feral Tv
Cat-Dog
Felix the Cat
Hey Arnold
Gogs (the clay cavemen w/ bay who always threwup)
Genie from Down Under

(666 posts)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)