• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Greatest Rap/R'N'B Album Ever? (1 Viewer)

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I guess if anyone was writing for Kayne he would be the most likely. He is a better rhymer than Kanye and does have a similar style I guess.

But i still refuse to accept that he writes everything for Kanye. Kanye's style has noticeably evolved and is quite unique. Plus some of the shit he says is too personal for someone else to write. I don't mean emotionally personal, I just mean shit about his past, and lines about when people used to diss him. If you were writing for someone else, you wouldn't give them that shit. Obviously they could work together...but still, I just don't think it's true.

With regards to Jesus Walks though, Fest only wrote the first verse as he basically came up with the idea for the song.

But anyway, I give Rhymefest massive props, Bluecollar is a fucking dope album...he is a man who can rhyme.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
im not saying everything by kanye is ghostwritten, notice im not even the one who said his shit was ghostwritten i just said 'even if, he is still good' but yeah rhymefest has ghostwritten some of his shit. I know though, that kanye does write some of his stuff, and the hate he gets is from the typical extreme backpacker wannabe-elitist dudes, fuck em.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
hows that no one has mentioned 36 chambers yet, also midnight marauders.

illmatic IS DEFINITELY better than stillmatic and ready to die is waaaaaay above life after death in my opinion.

its pretty hard to narrow two genres down to one defining cd though, why not a top ten or something?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
i know it probably isn't the greatest ever but '14 shots to the dome' by LL cool J imo is really really really VERY very very very veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy underrated. I really love this album, so what if he was trying to be harder than he usually is, it's good fucking hip hop.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
you can tell the kanye written songs...they arent as lyrical as the others...and whats flow got to do with lyrics...anyway...the thread title is best album ever and its nas - illmatic...nas>>>kanye anyday...nas has been around for so long and has so many classic songs...i still like kanye i never said he was shit...but he is overrated...hes beats are nice but he samples so many of them...

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
there is nothing wrong with sampling beats :)

personally, i find it to be an addition to a producers merit if he can flip a sample so beautifully and incorporate it into the beat perfectly, it is a sign of true genius imo.

dillian

HSC
When you think about the only reason some of us dont like kanye is because 10000000000000000000 billion Slutty teenagers listen to Gold digger every 10 minutes.

im sure if his 'shit' was 'underground' then people would like him.

hes a good rapper, but he cant be classified as having one of the best rap albums ever. I cant believe KRS One hasnt got a mention i reckon that guys pretty dope, hes like 40 now.

oh well peace

dillian

HSC
Oh by the way, i Definately Think Big L's Lifestylez of Da Poor and Dangerouz IS SO underated, easily one of my favourite albums ever

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
others havent been mentioned because 'greatest ever' only requires you to mention one album. And i have made up my mind that jay-z - reasonable doubt, is my greatest rap album ever. I know it's probably not objectively the best ever though. But it's my fav.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
yes, yes and yes..... and Big L - Lifestylez Ov Da Poor And Dangerous, is a fkn sik album...

Last edited:

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
all though i wouldnt classify this as one of the greatest albums ever, 'Royce Da 5'9" - Rock City' was a great album...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)