The Grudge (1 Viewer)

rebooki

HSC
N/A
if u want to see a bloody scary movie... go see SAW when it comes out... if you think texas chainsaw massacre or the grudge was scary they are rainbows and lollypops compared to SAW....
its one of the most disturbing and yet clever movies i have ever seen...

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
rebooki said:
if u want to see a bloody scary movie... go see SAW when it comes out... if you think texas chainsaw massacre or the grudge was scary they are rainbows and lollypops compared to SAW....
its one of the most disturbing and yet clever movies i have ever seen...
im going to see SAW when it comes out..
oh wait.. isnt out yesterday?

rebooki

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
In japan there's a sequal, trust me the grudge is passed on.
They are already making the sequel in America...
Also the original Japanese director assisted in this movie as well so Hollywood hasn't exactly just taken it and made it all special effects and high paying stars and what not...

rebooki

HSC
N/A
!! CaR`JiE !! said:
im going to see SAW when it comes out..
oh wait.. isnt out yesterday?
im not sure when it comes out cause i got it ages ago from a friend who went to malaysia...
but yeh it either came out yesterday or it comes out next thursday...

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
rebooki said:
im not sure when it comes out cause i got it ages ago from a friend who went to malaysia...
but yeh it either came out yesterday or it comes out next thursday...

just checked.. SAW is going to be out on the 2nd Dec thurs ;D

HSC
the grudge wasn't that great. storyline sucked. ending sucked.

but that woman and boy creep me out. and the fact that i have a vent thing that goes up to the attic fucking FREAKS ME OUT! i had to sleep with my lights on for 3 days after seeing that film.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
It wasnt that scary, but still, made me 'jump' at several points in the movie, none worse than when Yoko enters the attic..

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i rewatched the ring last night and to whoever said this was scarier, you're kidding yourself. the ring is approx 6825 times scarier than the grudge was. i actually had to turn the light on for the last 20 mins.

K

katie_tully

i watched the grudge yesterday at the movies.
it scared me shitless. this said, i dont get scared terribly easily in moviee. two movies have ever made me shit myself, thats this movie and the ring.
movies that can scare without gore are awesome... and that jap kid was odd.

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
i watched the grudge yesterday
i didn't like it and i didn't fully understand the storyline
it didn't make sense to me

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
the omen is scarier than both of them

-horror movie elitism

mack

Banned
HSC
I didn't like The Grudge. There wasn't much plot and relied on a few "tense music, big scare" moments to keep it going.

Last edited:

troika

HSC
N/A
i finally saw The Grudge and i thought it was quite good. i don't know why people were so confused, i thought it was very easy to follow. maybe they should've used a subtitle like 'one month ago' for the slow people.

i thought they could've made it much scarier by showing more graphic scenes like the man getting hanged or the security guard getting attacked, or even made the woman come out of the television but then that would be accused as a direct rip-off of The Ring. and it would've been more suspenseful if the blonde chick got locked out of her apartment. it was rated M (PG in America) and not M because they are catering to a younger audience. but I liked how they didn't just rely on gore tactics for cheap thrills. such subtle elements like the black cat and the ghost on the security tape freaked me out.

the ending was crap but they left it hanging for the sequel which is in the works. it would've been better if they added an extra 10 minutes or so to resolve everything. it was such an anti-climax...there was a blank screen and then bang, the credits rolled.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I thought the Grudge was good film - but the ending should've been finished off - as no doubt they'll ruin all chances of a sucessful sequel. Wasn't great, but it was a good movie overall I thought.

More creepy than scary *makes crackling noises over phone*.

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
I saw it on saturday. I laughed so much! it was so funny!! i was like 'hahahahahahahahahaha - those people are stupid' all the people screaming up the back got really cut at me cause i wrecked the atmosphere. but then again i thought dawn of the dead was a hell funny movie, hehehe - zombies are so random, lol

rumour

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Thirteen Ghosts is weak as.
:uhhuh:

I'm going to watch this movie on Thursday, from the previews I'd rather watch "Saw", but my friends want to watch this instead.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
I've seen both the Japanese & American versions now, & they both suxor. Everything in the US one is basically the same except the main characters are gaijin instead :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)