the historicity of jesus christ (1 Viewer)

Allan vB

HSC
Hmmm... I wish that I'd found this earlier! I'm studying Jesus as well... Yes, it is a bit difficult considering that last year only about 70-80 people attempted it in the state.

I managed a 22/25 in the trial for the case study but it shouldn't be too hard to bump that up a couple of marks for the HSC.

I consider that it's actually an advantage. There aren't many people studying this elective so, one might assume, there are few teachers knowledgeable on the topic. So, the markers wouldn't be able to pull you up on the exact details. I'm not saying to be vague but it should work in our favour.

Which areas of debate are people focusing on, and which historians and sources are people planning on using?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Allan vB said:
I consider that it's actually an advantage. There aren't many people studying this elective so, one might assume, there are few teachers knowledgeable on the topic. So, the markers wouldn't be able to pull you up on the exact details. I'm not saying to be vague but it should work in our favour.quote]
Are you kidding?
We're talking about Jesus Christ here.
Everyone knows about Jesus Christ. Thousands, nay, millions of people have tried to measure the accuracy of the history of Jesus Christ.
Of course teachers know about it.

X

xeuyrawp

youngminii said:
Allan vB said:
I consider that it's actually an advantage. There aren't many people studying this elective so, one might assume, there are few teachers knowledgeable on the topic. So, the markers wouldn't be able to pull you up on the exact details. I'm not saying to be vague but it should work in our favour.
Are you kidding?
Everyone knows about Jesus Christ. Thousands, nay, millions of people have tried to measure the accuracy of the history of Jesus Christ.
Very few people actually understand even the most basic arguments for/against the historicity of Jesus.

Ryuk

HSC
I just had my first extension history class today and found out that this is our case study.

I don't know if I should be excited or not - I'm not religious so it could be cool to find out about the jesus myth, but then after reading some comments here I don't know if I should feel scared...

And this is my first post so hi ppl!

Allan vB

HSC
youngminii said:
Allan vB said:
I consider that it's actually an advantage. There aren't many people studying this elective so, one might assume, there are few teachers knowledgeable on the topic. So, the markers wouldn't be able to pull you up on the exact details. I'm not saying to be vague but it should work in our favour.quote]
Are you kidding?
In the detail that we learn about it in class, which can be even deeped if you do some of your own ressearch, most people don't know much about it. Many people know some of the background to the debate, but not in considerable detail.

Allan vB

HSC
Ryuk said:
I just had my first extension history class today and found out that this is our case study.

I don't know if I should be excited or not - I'm not religious so it could be cool to find out about the jesus myth, but then after reading some comments here I don't know if I should feel scared...

And this is my first post so hi ppl!
I'm not religious, so I thought that I would hate it... but it's much more history based in natre, concept and context. I was pretty surprised with how much I enjoyed the case study...

Don't be scared... fortune favours the bold!

And yes, hi...

jhink

HSC
i didnt do the historicity of jesus christ so im not sure how relavant this information will be but there is a good source list relating jesus christ to solar astrollogy and his similarity to other pre-christian figures, its well worth a read hope it helps
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/transcript.htm

Allan vB

HSC
jhink said:
i didnt do the historicity of jesus christ so im not sure how relavant this information will be but there is a good source list relating jesus christ to solar astrollogy and his similarity to other pre-christian figures, its well worth a read hope it helps
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/transcript.htm
Interesting... though, too late now!

FINISHED!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)