"The Hobbit" (1 Viewer)

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
This book shows a physical journey

i was just woundering what techniques the composer uses to convey his message of a physical journey that occurs.....

i need 3

delz

HSC
The hobbit

Hey I'm having the same trouble as you but if you just wanted to usea supplement of the story eg the firts chapter these techniques becone apparent;

Some hints of techn and how relates very simply

"The characterization of Bilbo Bagins is more complex than others. The juxtaposition of the Baggins- like hobbit style respectibility and Tookish disregard for convention in favour of Adventure. Bilbo will resembe more his mother "Belladonna" which means both beautiful woman and a name for poison. Smaugs stole tresure is a image which which also juxtaposes beauty and death. The sustained motif is the treasure map and lost and found key - Represents direction

snowbunny

HSC
oh did you? it says hsc 2006 on your profile...so are you just writing about the hobit as your extra material at the moment?

is it good because im doing the wizard of oz and thinking about using the hobit for another reference... most people refer to a second extra material dont they?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
namdog said:
my teacher actually recommended it to me
I think it's a text worth doing for journey. It's not like completely unrrelated.
Just put some effort into it and you'll be fine.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hmm, lol this is a really dodgey text. XD I know because a few classmates, even I tried it for my um 1st Year 12 exams.

The thing is, many people may start to um, get carried away into story-telling rather than explaining what exactly the journey concept. Additionally this text has been used countless times, so...if you want to try and stand out ^^ try another text.

Though I am in no means forcing you to change your related text, you'll find that you constantly change the texts you may want to use for exams, unless you've prepared for your HSC since the start of Year 11. So...see which fits you.

Very blandly, lol I think this journey may be following the old ways of 'Being a hero in a journey' or having good and bad, or just trying to overcome struggles during a journey.

Though if you intend to use the Hobbit, try enforcing your idea of the Journey through both Bilbo and the people in his group's self-knowledge i.e. knowing about the world, and themselves, or even as simple as growth in maturity, understanding, taking risks, doing something that ordinary hobbits wouldn't do.

That's all part of the grand scheme of the journey.

chloeroxursox

The Hobbit

Hey everyone,
Hope the new year is treating everyone well, and that every1 has recovered nicely!
!st week back i have an assesment due back ive been working on it loads but i am having trouble relating the hobbit to teh tempest,
does anyone have any ideas or can help me out thatnks lots
chloe

delusional

HSC
Re: The Hobbit

heys

im having trouble with relating the hobbit to away
any help would be much appreciated

THANKS =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)