the horrors of ENGL 1005 (1 Viewer)

bLuR

arghhhhhhhhhhhhh, this grammar business is not only turning me off english but killing me very quickly....................:chainsaw:

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
haha yeah its like that...i try and tell myself that eventually the horror ends..lol..the stuff with the mvie isnt to bad..and my workshop co ordinators cool..just the lectures are painful

bLuR

god help us

who's ur tutor? mine's craig, he's really good, thank god i changed class, otherwise i would'v failed already!!! i think if greene would'v been amazed at our level of scrutiny into his writing, bloody hell, and the time shift diagrams?? (shld i say electrical circuits)?

memo

Re: god help us

Originally posted by bLuR
who's ur tutor? mine's craig, he's really good, thank god i changed class, otherwise i would'v failed already!!! i think if greene would'v been amazed at our level of scrutiny into his writing, bloody hell, and the time shift diagrams?? (shld i say electrical circuits)?
I had craig for engl1050 sometime ago and I agree he is one of the better tutors. Grammar from memory only makes up a small portion of the exam and it was quite easy when I did it.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
hehe i have craig too..i bet your in my workshop..lol...u changed class..lol..omg i think i know who u r..:D ...haha oh those thing were bizarre..lol..time shift..sheeesh tehy were like weird!

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I've actually heard other students discussing the horrors of ENGL 1015, which I escaped, instead doing ENGL 1015.. I'm wondering, with this grammartological focus, what does a lecture consist of? As in, example topics? Thanks.

bLuR

it consists of boredom and confusion, but other than tat, painstaking scrutiating detail about claus claus more claus, actor, goal, participants, timeshifts, flashbacks, flashforwards,

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
yea, plus some basic grammar..lotsa clause anaylisis, experential grammar..nominal groups ect ect..all very lame..very boring..flim anaylsis stuff hasnt been too bad..lol..maybe cos we only have done small amounts...

veg

how gay is the assessment that we have coming up...

which 2 scenes and passages are picking from the quiet american?

they're asking WAY too much of us for only 30%

bLuR

don't even mention it

bloody hell, i havn't even looked at it!!! its jst the most annoying subject, i mean 1500 words????? sooooo sick of bloody film analysis..........

cayte

Having been there done that, it ends up being not as bad as it seems now, so breathe and relax. And write that 1500 word essay after consuming more red wine than you probably should have. It makes your insights so much more poignant. Perhaps a little less coherent but sacrifices must be made in the pursuit of sanity.

cayte

Oh and as you're no doubt already aware, you won't be able to effectively fit everything you have to say in 1500 words, and it will be your fault when you either omit something or go over the word limit. The number of times you'll receive margin notes which read "But also..." or "Consider too..." and then something you were forced to leave out for reasons of space.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
sadly i must confess i havent even looked t that assessment yet.. i plan to start on it this weekend..plan being the operative word in that sentance seemin many of my plans dont actually come into fruitation...i have teh attention span of a five yr old sadly!

classics_chic

HSC
I HATED that.

Note to anyone who hasn't locked themselves in:

Get Out of there. Get Out of there RIGHT NOW!!!!!

*scarred for life by that subject*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)