The HPSC2101 thread (1 Viewer)

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
Seems to be a fair few of us doing it so thought why not have its own thread

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Got a great idea already for my first essay :).

But I may wait to see how it compares to the ones Peter gives us before I commit to it.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
There was a guy in the lecture who kept biting his nails. :/

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
Got a great idea already for my first essay :).

But I may wait to see how it compares to the ones Peter gives us before I commit to it.
Someones a bit too keen.

Doing these readings and, while pretty interesting, I have no idea what the questions are meant to be aimed at. Is it just anything pretty much that we think of that addresses the text and shows we've given it some thought?

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Pretty much. Any questions you have about the content that you don't think have been answered.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Wait, Peter is taking it this sem, not Dominic? :(

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Feel free to hit me up with any questions as you go along, or if anyone wants to borrow my textbooks.

I have a dude in one of my classes who actually studied under Chalmers back in the 80s. Blew my mind

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Yeah Peter Farleigh is the lecturer this semester.

He's been pretty good though. Not that I know anyone else in the department to compare him with haha.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
It's my favourite department because they are all amazing and ridiculous examples of the human species (in the best kind of way).

eg. Daniela speaks 9 languages (including latin), is a trained pilot, did her PHD in theoretical physics at Harvard, has also done some seriously impressive stuff in biology, and just casually decided one day to become a professor in HPS and techno-science. And she has a solid social life. How is that even a functioning person???

promise I'll stop fangirling over my department now

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
Pretty much. Any questions you have about the content that you don't think have been answered.
So its essentially the same as HPSC2100 questions then. I can do that.

Wait, Peter is taking it this sem, not Dominic? :(
Hes been pretty good. Comes across fairly genuine which is refreshing

It's my favourite department because they are all amazing and ridiculous examples of the human species (in the best kind of way).

eg. Daniela speaks 9 languages (including latin), is a trained pilot, did her PHD in theoretical physics at Harvard, has also done some seriously impressive stuff in biology, and just casually decided one day to become a professor in HPS and techno-science. And she has a solid social life. How is that even a functioning person???

promise I'll stop fangirling over my department now
You slightly love this stuff too much. But Ofer and Paul are already better than any maths lecturer Ive had.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)