the HSC is not your life!!! (1 Viewer)

ZJ NingNing

HSC
I reckon, HSC in Australia is nothing compare to what some people have to live with. Just think you could easily be some Asian person and go to school for 13 hours a day. and absolutely no life at all.

Anyway, if you keep on concentrating on how depressed you feel, you will end up feeling worse. Seriously.

HSC is not worth getting depression for and ruin your entire life.

Tarahd

HSC
True. I agree.
But i suppose its jus the fact that its SO drilled into you that it is IMPORTANT- that you care about it, therefore feel upset or (overexaggerated to depresed) when you feel as though you are either a) not ontop of it or b) not going to achieve what you desire.

You must hate me i started a thread callled "depressed" hahaha

x

ZJ NingNing

HSC
Tarahd said:
True. I agree.
But i suppose its jus the fact that its SO drilled into you that it is IMPORTANT- that you care about it, therefore feel upset or (overexaggerated to depresed) when you feel as though you are either a) not ontop of it or b) not going to achieve what you desire.

x
chill buddy, we all get depressed, you just have to find a way out of it... somehow.

ellen.louise

HSC
Tarahd said:
True. I agree.

x
Nope, I totally get it. I've had my moments (like crying in the car on the way to my youth group because I was worried about a speaking exam for extension german I knew I couldn't do) and at my school we have it drilled in too: this year will make you or break you, etc.

I'd like to see some :) :) :) action in there too, though.

mzduxx2006

HSC
ellen.louise said:
So why the fuck is everyone so 'depressed' all the time about it?

YOU HAVE TO MAKE YOURSELF HAPPY AGAIN!
\

right on. i find im becomming really anti social and stuff now :(

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
ZJ NingNing said:
I reckon, HSC in Australia is nothing compare to what some people have to live with. Just think you could easily be some Asian person and go to school for 13 hours a day. and absolutely no life at all.

Anyway, if you keep on concentrating on how depressed you feel, you will end up feeling worse. Seriously.

HSC is not worth getting depression for and ruin your entire life.
Hm... Typical Jap kids manage to balance school weekdays that are longer than school weekdays here with cram school on weekends while still managing to hang out with friends, read manga, watch TV, do sport and basically anything that Aus kids here like doing, so I don't see where you got the idea that 13h schooldays = no life from, unless that was sarcastic :S

As for me, I'm trying to deal with it. Reckon I'm on the bring of succeeding or failing, dunno. Either way, I'll get over it for sure if I get the mark I want

~untitled~

HSC
Legham said:
There's stressed 09ers?? :S that's retarded.
Haha, i was stressed in year 10... Sadly enough, but when youre actually in year 10 the SC seems sooo big.
And then years 11 and 12 seems to have just added more stress on top each year...
But i agree that its not worth ruining your life over, but one year without that extra sleep, and with that extra bit of stress and stuff isnt exactly going to kill you.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
~untitled~ said:
its not my life.... but its a damn crappy life without it
true.
without 3u mathematics i would have much weaker mind and overall mental capabilities.
without english i would be speaking using monosyllabic language.
without physics i would still have these questions floating in my head about transformers and household electrical appliances
without chemistry i would automatically think all acids regardless of strength and concentration will burn a nice hole through your skin.

cowgurlnicky101

HSC
hey guys,
i'm not going to study much. i didnt for the SC and that was really high, i noticed that the more i study, the worse my marks are, and the same with stress, the more i stress the worse they get. try to chill yoga and meditation helps heaps, so does mental support from family and friends. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF CAUSE IF YOU DONT NO ONE WILL!!!! :) :) :)

IceOnFire

HSC
f3nr15 said:
true.
without 3u mathematics i would have much weaker mind and overall mental capabilities.
without english i would be speaking using monosyllabic language.
without physics i would still have these questions floating in my head about transformers and household electrical appliances
without chemistry i would automatically think all acids regardless of strength and concentration will burn a nice hole through your skin.
:lol:

~pinkiijoy~

HSC
N/A
cowgurlnicky101 said:
hey guys,
i'm not going to study much. i didnt for the SC and that was really high, i noticed that the more i study, the worse my marks are, and the same with stress, the more i stress the worse they get. try to chill yoga and meditation helps heaps, so does mental support from family and friends. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF CAUSE IF YOU DONT NO ONE WILL!!!! :) :) :)
lolz whats with the pink

yeah i guess that can apply to me to with the studying more = worse marks

but not studying at all = more worse marks

so i guess i need to find a balance

cowgurlnicky101

HSC
Dunno Bout The Pink I Just Liked The Way It Looked, Better To Stand Out And Be Noticed That Stand Back And Be Kicked For It.
Yeah I'll Study A Lil Bit But Not Too Much....... Too Boring!:)

hurikai

boredofposting
HSC
The HSC is a test of how much you can do in a limited time and how much shit you can handle. It tests not so much your knowledge but your ability to learn, manage time effectively, and basic organisation skills and stress handling skills that you will need for the rest of your life.

In this sense, it is very, very important, not so much about the degree you'll be able to get into, but about what you've learnt from it.

There are many other ways to get into a degree, and you can do the HSC again after you've finished school, from what I've heard. But then that means you've failed to demonstrate the important skills you'll need for the rest of your life. You can't run away forever.

Last edited:

~pinkiijoy~

HSC
N/A
hurikai said:
The HSC is a test of how much you can do in a limited time and how much shit you can handle. It tests not so much your knowledge but your ability to learn, manage time effectively, and basic organisation skills and stress handling skills that you will need for the rest of your life.

In this sense, it is very, very important, not so much about the degree you'll be able to get into, but about what you've learnt from it.

There are many other ways to get into a degree, and you can do the HSC again after you've finished school, from what I've heard. But then that means you've failed to demonstrate the important skills you'll need for the rest of your life. You can't run away forever.
what about those other people with limitations...

you know like retarded people...

ellen.louise

HSC
hurikai said:
I have the stress-handling capabilities and the learning capacity and the natural intelligence. i just don't have the organization skills and time management. That's where I fall down. Also I'm on BoS instead of analysing how Lincoln conveys meaning in the Gettysburg Adress.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Anyone looking forward to burning all your stuff after the HSC?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)