The Idiots That Ruined Business Studies...for The Smarter Ones (1 Viewer)

super mod

business get scaled soooo badly....mainly coz heaps of ppl take it thinking they are going to be business men (and make money somehow) not knowing what the fuck that is..thinking its some kind of job where you walk around selling and buying companies which depends on your personality!!! well their damn wrong and for that, even tho you have to remember a shitload, the idiots that do it bring everyone else down with them due to their in correct predictions about how easy life is and how getting a job as a 'businessman' and living like a pimp is obtainable for them.......let this be a lesson....as commerce at UNSW is the highest business degree one could hope to get into, then those that made it there can be the ones we admire as true 'business people', not the ones that think in year 10 that they will take business studies and tell ppl that they do the subject, having no fucking clue that they are really morons and will never suceed at the subject they have no idea requires thought rather than their belief that they would be good at selling and buying shares (which in fact they do not have one fucking clue about!!).

hornet

Originally posted by super mod
business get scaled soooo badly....mainly coz heaps of ppl take it thinking they are going to be business men (and make money somehow) not knowing what the fuck that is..thinking its some kind of job where you walk around selling and buying companies which depends on your personality!!! well their damn wrong and for that, even tho you have to remember a shitload, the idiots that do it bring everyone else down with them due to their in correct predictions about how easy life is and how getting a job as a 'businessman' and living like a pimp is obtainable for them.......let this be a lesson....as commerce at UNSW is the highest business degree one could hope to get into, then those that made it there can be the ones we admire as true 'business people', not the ones that think in year 10 that they will take business studies and tell ppl that they do the subject, having no fucking clue that they are really morons and will never suceed at the subject they have no idea requires thought rather than their belief that they would be good at selling and buying shares (which in fact they do not have one fucking clue about!!).
I skim read all that so sorry if this reply is off base. The reason why business scales so badly is not cuz everyone who does it does crap in it, but because those who do it tend to do bad in other subjects, thus bringing it down. Thats the cause of your bad scaling. On a wider level I guess I agree, people choose business because they think its easy or its life or something... yeah. Like sdd, a reasonable course, but lots pick it thinking "hey i know how to use a computer this will be easy" and do shit in it, and also happen to do shit in other subjects (ie they attract the lower candidature people) which in the end pulls sdd peoples marks down. Hey all of that was from the senior hsc sdd marker, who was my teacher this year :) (she said overall the exam went well, but question 23 bombed, she marked that, and when i bitched at her that i couldnt get enough in it and thus my 90%+ sdd mark was jepordised she said its ok it sucked and she knew it was an aweful question and it was answered badly, so I guess its not so bad after all...). will find more out this week (thursday) if people wanna know

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by natstar
i can definetly relate to u super!!!! Thats fore sure. I plan to do B marketing at UWS, which hasent gota heaps high UAI-(70 something), but i would do a business course at UNSW or Macquaire if i could get da UAI needed.
Business is a large course that covers alot. You need to fully understand a whole range of things from formaulas to reading data, as well as understanding heaps of terms and alot of knowledge. I luv business and its my best subject, and it should scale well, but of course there are some ppl who just do it to bludge cuz it has such as high caniditure!!! They fully ruin it for the ppl who actually have business related aspirations in their life, and cant get a high enough UAI cuz they are scaled down. It fully SUX
That's just tough natstar, I mean if you think about it, there is no other better system. Some subjects have to be scaled up and some down, and that's just the way it is.

chait

as commerce at UNSW is the highest business degree one could hope to get into, then those that made it there can be the ones we admire as true 'business people',

a commerce degree @ UNSW isn't THE highest, although it's one of the highest. in academic and business circles, Uni of Melbourne is more highly regarded. it is also better known internationally. it's business school has been ranked as the best in australia. you can't dismiss students in other commerce programs, esp those at the Group of Eight Universities, which are the best unis in Aus. http://www.go8.edu.au

Gp of 8 unis:

University of Adelaide,
The Australian National University,
The University of Melbourne,
Monash University,
The University of New South Wales,
The University of Queensland,
The University of Sydney and
The University of Western Australia.

i've said this so many times but here goes.. I was going to list UNSW as my top pref. however, I've changed over to the ANU. this isn't b/c of the UAI required. It's b/c of it's int'l rep and it's strong ties w/ some of the best unis in the world. it's also the best research uni in aus.

MOST ppl who say UNSW and USYD are the best unis usually are ppl who have no idea about unis on a national or international level. they are restricted to the Sydney area and don't think on a higher level.

there are other Aussie unis which are more internationally recognised and respected than UNSW. UNSW is a good uni, but the world doesn't revolve around it (same applies to USYD).

chait

i'm not sure how biz stud scales. i know there are ppl who get 50s in their course mark for biz stud and then end up getting scaled up to the 70s in the end. the bos should've kept 3u biz stud for the ppl who wanted to make a genuine effort.

Last edited:

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
my commerce teacher in yr 10 told us not to do business studies unless we really had to becoz lots of dropkicks who wanna open fish and chip shops do it.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I did Business studies in year 10, got into the top 10% of the state, and it still scaled like crap.

hornet

Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
my commerce teacher in yr 10 told us not to do business studies unless we really had to becoz lots of dropkicks who wanna open fish and chip shops do it.
bingo. Thats right.... which is a real shame for the 20% or so of candidates who genuinely try, and want a good mark. The other 80% (warning: rash generalisation!) dont work much at all, or dont work at all/ever, and just add fat to everyone else.... and as they take other low subjects, business gets scaled badly because of it. Sad. They really need a 3u business or a much harder one that no dropkicks take, that would then scale well, provided those who took it did well in other good subjects.

But at the end of the day, some subjects must scale up, some must go down, as Ultimate said. That is the only fair way, which is unfortunate for those who are casualties who genuinely want to go well in subjects overridden with dropkicks.

hornet

Originally posted by Bon
You guys don't know what the scaling for this year is like yet; maybe lots of smart people like me will bring the scaling up! :p:D

I do tend to agree with you guys though, a lot of people who don't try (more than who do try at least) take the subject. However, if you were to get 95+ in business studies, I don't think the scaling would really affect you. You can still easily achieve a UAI of 95+ with business studies and possibly 100! It's only if you're going for 99+ that I'd be really concerned about the scaling.
Or if your not in the top 1% or there abouts as would be required to shake off the negative effects of bad scaling.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Bon
You guys don't know what the scaling for this year is like yet; maybe lots of smart people like me will bring the scaling up! :p:D

I do tend to agree with you guys though, a lot of people who don't try (more than who do try at least) take the subject. However, if you were to get 95+ in business studies, I don't think the scaling would really affect you. You can still easily achieve a UAI of 95+ with business studies and possibly 100! It's only if you're going for 99+ that I'd be really concerned about the scaling.
yeah I agree, but I did subjects that had good scaling and I'm aiming for 99+

super mod

look...altho we may not know about the canditature this year i can tell you that in my school a lot of idiots did take it meaning that is bound to happen in other schools......i can honestly say that only 4 people out of the 30 in the class will get above 90 UAI.
ie. the rest are just misled into thinkning business studies leads to a job as a business man not having one fucking clue even if it is a job or what such a job would entail!

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i think it is gay blaming us stupid ones for the scaling in the subject

if you did well enuf yourself you would be able to achieve the marks and the scaling would not affect you as much

Caitlen

GET OVA IT!!!!!!!!!

you got your results u all probably all got ova 90 in it anyway
just cos ppl do bad in it it doesnt mean u get scaled down cos of them
the only reason ppl do bad in it is cos it is the most pathetic subject
i got 62 in business dont ask me how cos it was soooo hard but i im so happy with my result

GET OVA YOURSELVES IT'S OVA NOW

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i got 73 in business and i was amazed at a mark like that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)