the 'im screwed for modern' thread (1 Viewer)

dannyr

HSC
N/A
I got Modern and Society on thursday and extension history on friday... I can't concentrate for 5hrs of exams in one day... in the trials it was the same and by the end of the modern exam (the conflict, peace studies question) I just couldn't stop looking at the clock and only wrote half an essay just because I couldn't keep going nonstop... I hate my timetable and lack of motivation for studying! damn it...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
=slade= said:
sarah168, what was your final modern mark and rank, if u dont mind me asking? just for a confidence booster - that u were freaking out and still survived?!
i was ranked 1st internally with a final exam mk of 93. (i.e my end assessment mk was also 93 and the final HSC mk = 93 of course)

Looking back, it was somewhat disappointing because my internal assessment average hovered around 96-97. I know that the internal mk means nothing because teachers mk differently but oh well :)

anyway, just don't panic like me and be wise in picking your Q out of the pair. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT attempt to experiment in your HSC exam like me and pick "the challenging question" :rolleyes:

mad444

HSC
so who else is goin to be cramming all night 2night??!!!!

bahaha im so screwed..all i can do now is laugh!!!

but thanx sarah for ur advice!! i think im just gona tell myself i know all of it and hopefully it will somehow get me thru!!

(doubt it very much tho)

raise ur hand if u hate modern!!

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
mad444 said:
so who else is goin to be cramming all night 2night??!!!!

bahaha im so screwed..all i can do now is laugh!!!

but thanx sarah for ur advice!! i think im just gona tell myself i know all of it and hopefully it will somehow get me thru!!

(doubt it very much tho)

raise ur hand if u hate modern!!
*raises hand*

im so screwed for this, i cant remmeber anything...and i dont know anything, even if i cram ill forget it all.

mad444

HSC
shorty... wat topics u doin for modern?? im doin germany and indochina...

im fucked for germany..like havent even looked at it! ok for indochina...but still hell of alot to know!!!

i feel ur pain

Kao

HSC
I love modern, I like it MUCH more than I ever thought I would when I did my subject selections back in year 10. But I just did my ancient exam yesterday, and I've spent the last week worrying about ancient (which has a syllabus just as freaking huge as modern, with exam questions only on a tiny thing) and I'm just so sick of learning huge chunks of information when I probably wont even get examined on it. Plus I focused on ancient this week and neglected modern, just did a little tiny bit of Germany study. I'll probably be fine for WWI and Leni Riefenstahl, but I'm meh for Germany and really REALLY crap for Indochina.

I'm gonna go learn a whole lot about protest movements since they havent had a q on that yet :D *crosses fingers*

chatherine

HSC
society and modern on the one day!!!!! lets hear a " awww honey" for us.

im drowning in modern syllabus, its going to kill me, anyone know if u can acually die from stress?

last time i did the modern exam ( trial) it was my 18th birthday, horay, its like an anniversary

=slade=

HSC
yea i had modern and legal on the same day in the trials, and eco the very next morning....not a good lineup, all 3 hours!

good luck to you, take in a few jellybeans, (i think youre allowed, ppl here have been doing it) and the sugar may help. or use them as a reward for finishing each section!

just think about this time 24 hours from now...free from modern forever and you can even laugh at yr 11s just starting the course, if it helps!!

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
Not only free of Modern forever, but free of high school forever

<3 bliss

Good luck everyone :)

Make sure you get lots of sleep tonight - I find cramming early in the morning before the exam gets things moving

the_gloved_one

HSC
man i feel totally buggered. i have studied so much for modern, but i feel conflict in the pacific will be the end of me :(

frog3

There is so much shit to remember for modern compared to other subjects and in the end you only use 10% of it thats the problem.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
not really. it seems like that but you really do need to udnerstand a large part of the period you are studying in order to place individual events in context and be able to analyse them

HSC
ahhhhhhh i'm screwed for modern 2.

im doing South Africa and it is a new topic and hardly any1 seems 2 b doing it!

too much stuff... on WWI alone

how can i cope?

lowek

HSC
yarrr modern wasn't distressing!
I had my trials last term and did really well for modern.
I was freaking mainly because I do all 5 units of history and had to remember so much haha but in a way the trials make it so much easier for the hsc I mean all your summary notes and stuff are done except for one topic! Try to find the positives!! [:
good luck if you're doing your trials now [:

Seydel

HSC
I'm officially screwed for modern. Have my trial exam tomorrow. I know very little for WW1, Germany, Leni and Conflict in Europe. Hope I won't die till Friday morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)