• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The importance of introductions in legal essays (1 Viewer)

erikartman

HSC
How much time should be spent on the introduction of the 15mark crime extended response?

This is all I wrote for my trial young offenders question for example:

"The criminal justice system has been partially effective in dealing with young offenders. Young offenders are children under the age of 18 who have committed a crime. The law has recognised the need to treat these children differently and separately, in order to promote their rehabilitation as is Australia's obligation under the convention on the rights of the child."

Would you say I should write more here or stick with this and maximise time to write the body?

Thanks

enoilgam

HSC
That intro is fine, just quickly list what you are going to discuss in the body of the essay.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
How much time should be spent on the introduction of the 15mark crime extended response?

This is all I wrote for my trial young offenders question for example:

"The criminal justice system has been partially effective in dealing with young offenders. Young offenders are children under the age of 18 who have committed a crime. The law has recognised the need to treat these children differently and separately, in order to promote their rehabilitation as is Australia's obligation under the convention on the rights of the child."

Would you say I should write more here or stick with this and maximise time to write the body?

Thanks
The body is much for important, the intro is only a jist of what you are saying.

erikartman

HSC
Ok great! Thanks guys and yeah refer to the different aspects in the first body paragraph.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)