The Israeli occupied territories, legal or illegal? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Empyrean444

A Palestinian state would be established in most of the West Bank and all of the Gaza strip, with these conditions:

• [*]The state would not have an army with heavy weapons,
    [*]The state would not make alliances with other countries without Israeli approval and would not allow introduction of foreign forces west of the River Jordan.
    [*]Israel would be allowed deploy troops in the Jordan Valley if Israel were to be threatened by invasion from the east.
    [*]Israeli aircraft could overfly Palestinian airspace.
    [*]Israeli would install early warning stations in the mountains overlooking the Jordan valley and other areas.
    [*]Palestinians would control border crossings with Jordan and Egypt along with Israeli security observation.
    [*]The Israelis would retain management over water sources in the West Bank while approving a limited quota to the Palestinians.
    [*]Israel would lease areas in the Jordan Valley or maintain temporary sovereignty over them for up to 25 years.

• I can see why the Palestinians would be ireful at these terms, because they are ridiculous. There is no real national sovereignty involved, and Israel essentially would have dominated Palestine. Reminds me of the Versailles treaty at the end of ww1.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
The lands are spoils of war and israel as the victor of those israeli arab wars has the right to those lands. They were paid for by the blood of israeli soldiers.
I bet a lot more Palestinian blood has been spilt over that land. And you're right, they were they spoils of war from 1967 and thus subject to:

International humanitarian law prohibits [an] occupying power [from transferring] citizens from its own territory to the occupied territory (Fourth Geneva Convention, article 49).

Aryanbeauty

HSC
I bet a lot more Palestinian blood has been spilt over that land. And you're right, they were they spoils of war from 1967 and thus subject to:

International humanitarian law prohibits [an] occupying power [from transferring] citizens from its own territory to the occupied territory (Fourth Geneva Convention, article 49).
WRONG!

Part III : Status and treatment of protected persons #Section III : Occupied territories
ARTICLE 49
  • Individual or mass forcible transfers, as well as deportations of protected persons from occupied territory to the territory of the Occupying Power or to that of any other country, occupied or not, are prohibited, regardless of their motive.
    Nevertheless, the Occupying Power may undertake total or partial evacuation of a given area if the security of the population or imperative military reasons so demand. Such evacuations may not involve the displacement of protected persons outside the bounds of the occupied territory except when for material reasons it is impossible to avoid such displacement. Persons thus evacuated shall be transferred back to their homes as soon as hostilities in the area in question have ceased.
    The Occupying Power undertaking such transfers or evacuations shall ensure, to the greatest practicable extent, that proper accommodation is provided to receive the protected persons, that the removals are effected in satisfactory conditions of hygiene, health, safety and nutrition, and that members of the same family are not separated.
    The Protecting Power shall be informed of any transfers and evacuations as soon as they have taken place.
    The Occupying Power shall not detain protected persons in an area particularly exposed to the dangers of war unless the security of the population or imperative military reasons so demand.
    The Occupying Power shall not deport or transfer parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies.

jewish Settlers in West bank are NOT forced. Therefore, Israelis have every right to live there in the lands seized by Israel!

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
Individual or mass forcible transfers, as well as deportations of protected persons from occupied territory to the territory of the Occupying Power or to that of any other country, occupied or not, are prohibited, regardless of their motive.

I'm not talking about forcing the population of the occupied territories to move...

I'm talking about settling in occupied lands, which is illegal afaik and stated so pretty explicitly in the Geneva Convention.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
1967 Jun 5, Israel annexed the largely Arab East Jerusalem, which included the Old City, and has since ringed it with Jewish neighborhoods.
(SFC, 6/25/96, p.A10)

1967 Jun 5-10, Israel fought the Six-Day War against Syria and captured the Golan Heights, the Gaza Strip, the West Bank and East Jerusalem. Allegations that Israeli soldiers killed hundreds of Egyptian prisoners with the knowledge of national leaders were made by Israeli historians in 1995. Israel occupied Syrian territory. The Gaza Strip and the West Bank were captured by Israel.
(WSJ, 5/6/96, p.A-13)(WSJ, 8/17/95, p.A-1)(WSJ,11/24/95, p.A-1)(SFC, 1/22/98, p.B12)(SFC, 4/24/98, p.A17)

1967 Jun 6, Israeli troops occupied Gaza. 2nd day of the 6-day war.
(MC, 6/6/02)

1967 Jun 7, Israel captured the Wailing Wall in East Jerusalem. 3rd day of the 6-day war.
(SC, 6/7/02)

1967 Jun 8, On the 4th day of the Six-Day War Israel captured the Gaza Strip and Sinai Peninsula from Egypt, as well as the West Bank and Eastern Jerusalem from Jordan.
(SSFC, 6/3/07, p.E6)
Timeline Israel 1961-1995

lol ==>

1967 Jun 8, 34 U.S. servicemen were killed when Israeli forces raided the USS Liberty, a Navy ship stationed in the Mediterranean. Israel called the attack a tragic mistake. The Israeli Air Force attacked the U.S. Navy intelligence gathering auxiliary ship Liberty, killing 34 crewmen and wounding 171. The attack on the 4th day of the Six-Day War in international waters off the coast of Israel. While still a controversy, the official explanation was that Israel believed the Liberty was an Egyptian vessel. Commander William L. McGonagle (d.1999 at 73) was awarded the Medal of Honor for keeping Liberty afloat and remaining on the bridge for 17 hours despite his own wounds. Israel apologized and paid over $12 million in compensation.
(AP, 6/8/97)(HN, 6/8/98)(HNQ, 8/13/98)(SFC, 3/9/99, p.A22)(WSJ, 5/9/01, p.A24)(WSJ, 5/16/01, p.A23)

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
the legality of the occupied territories can only come from a prophetic 2000 year old book. If we are to claim that our society as of now is at its pinnacle of human civilization where we believe in justice, freedom, free from oppression and are far from believing in such superstition books, Common sense would lead us all to conclude that the occupied territories are in fact not legal.

Venom.

HSC
How can an illegal occupying force be deemed legal? Cause they're zionist juice.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
there was some israeli cunt in my tutorial today and i had to supress my urge to lash out and slap him in the ballsack

Q

quirkyfly

there was some israeli cunt in my tutorial today and i had to supress my urge to lash out and slap him in the ballsack
Wish I were there.

The zionists and israelis (underserving of capital letters) are murderous imbeciles, who have dispossessed a land, stolen the identity of a peoples, killed masses of innocents and caused a diaspora.

Jews suffered in the holocaust, why the hell would you inflict the pain that you endured on others?
zionists are pigs. Hungry for power, money and control. They're the puppeteers of the media.

The entire 'Jewish' ideology is contradictory to Jewish beliefs, since the Torah does NOT validate such disgusting ways.

FREE PALESTINE.

Last edited by a moderator:

sthcross.dude

HSC
Something becomes legal when a body has sufficient power to enforce its legality.

Whether its legal or not is irrelevant. It says nothing as to whether it is right or wrong.

The solution is a one state solution, where a democratic, minarchist government allows people from all religious backgrounds to pursue their own good in their own way.

lol, sif that will happen. But it does highlight that the problem is religious nutters that only want to live with people with the same ludicrous beliefs as them. Fuck them all, they deserve to die.

Last edited:
Q

quirkyfly

Something becomes legal when a body has sufficient power to enforce its legality.

Whether its legal or not is irrelevant. It says nothing as to whether it is right or wrong.

The solution is a one state solution, where a democratic, minarchist government allows people from all religious backgrounds to pursue their own good in their own way.

lol, sif that will happen. But it does highlight that the problem is religious nutters that only want to live with people with the same ludicrous beliefs as them. Fuck them all, they deserve to die.
Palestine belongs to the Palestinians. End of story.
Our country. Our land.
Everybody was living peacefully; Muslims, Christians, Jews and non-believers, until 1948, when the mother-fudging zionists attacked.

If somebody bombarded your home, and told you to eff off, damn straight you won't be like: 'Yep, yep, let me grab my suitcase.'

PALESTINE BELONGS TO THE PALESTINIANS.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
When you play with fire you get burnt.

The Arab states attacked Israel in 1967 losing that war they lost land.
Palestine sided with the Axis in WWII.

Germany lost land to the surrounding countries. Palestine loses land to Israel.

Borders shift throughout time, it's not imperialism, get over it.

Two state solution, blah blah blah.

Bunch of religious fuckjobs both sides
My thoughts on the subject exactly.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
im getting tired of this topic. seriously lock this thread.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I think what israel does to palestinians is wrong... purely by looking at the numbers of civilians killed by israeli actions vs palestinian actions, let alone if we were to look at the number of lives on each side inconvenienced. On the other hand of course israel does have some good reasons for what it does, I do believe that some of the people in control in palestine are not able to be properly negotiated with and force this sort of harm onto their own people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)