The joy of Windows Media Player (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
OK, on my old comp I had WMP v9, and sometimes when I double click on a file (video file, mainly), WMP wouldn't pop up and open... it would take a few efforts for it to open... it didn't say that WMP was running when I checked in the System thing (when you press CTRL+ALT+DEL)

Then I got a new comp, with WMP v10... same problem....

Any ideas? I'm on WinXP

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
ure mouse ok? :|

but just find a windows media player alternative which may use less resources?

Person

one of them
err, right click and open with? or choose program then tick always use this program to open these files?

think it should be the same for xp, not that i use it >_>

Winston

HSC
Well you see WMP 10 is still in technical beta, and isn't intended to fully operate without much problems.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I got that problem too. Still hasn't been fixed. But for me it is still running in the task manager.

It's either wmplayer.exe that is still running even after I closed it, or wisptis.exe (which I believe is a tiny virus which I've tried every detector and finds nothing).

It always happens with my winXP. And only recently my win2K started doing it. Yes I use both OS.

Winston

HSC
Ragerunner said:
I got that problem too. Still hasn't been fixed. But for me it is still running in the task manager.

It's either wmplayer.exe that is still running even after I closed it, or wisptis.exe (which I believe is a tiny virus which I've tried every detector and finds nothing).

It always happens with my winXP. And only recently my win2K started doing it. Yes I use both OS.
It sounds like a sporadical issue, and is rather ambigious, i've lodged it to MS already.

J

jhakka

Winston said:
Well you see WMP 10 is still in technical beta, and isn't intended to fully operate without much problems.
Any idea when v10 will be really released?

Winston

HSC
jhakka said:
Any idea when v10 will be really released?
There's no official RTW/RTM/Gold release date announced.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
press start---> run then type in "mplayer2" ---> it works wonders, provided u have the codecs

sunny

meh.
HSC
t-i-m-m-y said:
press start---> run then type in "mplayer2" ---> it works wonders, provided u have the codecs
redsalert pointed one out before, but media player classic is very good. The GUI is the same as media player 6.4 (mplayer2), but it has a lot more extra features (not to the extent of WMP9 or 10) and wide file filetype support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)