The Justice Game (1 Viewer)

Chrissiieee

HSC
hheey, im also doing Justice Game
i was wondering if you would be able to send some notes on Prisoner of Venda, Show Trials & Micheal X.

that would be much appreciated, thanks.
umm my email is g_xeon@hotmail.com

paulush

HSC
If you are dishing out notes...paulush@hotmail.com please :)

Thanks for helping us out.

Maryjane.

HSC
Lol everyones abusing your kindness abit. That's really awesome of you to offer your help though :)
Im unfortunately doing Justice Game for the topic Conflicting Perspectives but im pretty sure its very similar to Telling the Truth.
Anyways, i was just wondering about how you would analyse this novel? Like i know you pick the 5 chapters or whatever but do you talk about language techniques, coz it seems pretty irrelevant.
Im confusing myself now lol. But yea for example, how would you talk about the Diana in the Dock chapter? Chuck in all the techniques like sarcasm, hyperbole, alliterantion? Or delve into the actual story of the chapter and the conflicting perspectives within it.
I'm sorry im just very lost :bomb:
Spaaaanks

rosygirls92

HSC
Hello! If you are on atm, I'd just like a few pointers to start an essay. I'm a lil lost on this topic. So we'd just talk about how perspectives conflict?

But if not, just wondering if you'd be awesome and just lend me a few JG notes? Thankyou so much :) generation_embrance@hotmail.com

But to tell u the truth, i'd rather just talk to you and ask my questions :haha:

aaron22

HSC
the guy graduated in 2004,

his probably finished UNI.

do you still offer help? cause i would really need noted on Diana in the Dock and Michael X and Trials of Oz

crissy92

HSC
Hey...just wondering what related texts you recommend for the Justice Game? And what to focus on?

shawj

HSC
hi im doing it the justice game for my year 12 and have an assesment comming up and im finding it reallly hard.. any help would be great. my email is jessica_starlet12@hotmail.com thanks heaps

Mysterious X

HSC
Hi, I'm trying to get some notes together for Diana in the Docks, Romans in Britain and the Trials of Oz, but I'm having a little trouble.

I was wondering if you could send your notes to my email, joey_king_knight@hotmail.com

Cheers, appreciated.

Palmer007

HSC
Hey
I was just wondering if you could please send me sum notes on Micheal x on death row if u have any, it wud be really appreciated thx. My email address is chrispalmer92@hotmail.com

Last edited:

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Not my notes:
MICHAEL X ON DEATH ROW:
-> Meeting w/ MX – “solemn and vulnerable”
-> Never q’s guilt but morality of Jamaican authorities; the morality & efficiency of the death penalty -> case relevance?
-> Moral outrage w/ emotive language, extend horror of treatment -> “human sacrifice”
-> Prep for execution described in brutal detail -> “breaking of the cervical vertebrae” confronts reader and persuades against death penalty as punishment
-> MX “not the same man” who killed Joe Shcrritt, making him seem to be diff. Person i.e. personality/attitudes -> diff. Language shifts truth
-> “the token black”… only accepted because he was black
-> Degrades social & political movements by naming it a “carnival float of sex, drugs and rock and roll”
-> “He came to believe he was a leader because the press said so”
-> “…impoverished lawyer” -> pos. aud. To favour GR as an ‘honest lawyer’
-> Changes structure – murder not told till end to lift MX character -> Sequential narration of events
-> SHAKESPEREAN ILLUSION -> “The rest is not silence” -> Portia; “Merchant of Venice”
-> ALLUSION -> “Gulliver’s Travels”; “this is a court which is jurisprudentially orbiting in space”
-> NEWSPAPER EXTRACTS -> give credibility
-> IRONY -> “The death penalty does not deter murder. On the contrary, I believe that it tends to increase by socially sanctioning violent revenge”
-> His main points appear to be that the death penalty is brutal & inhuman & sometimes you have to do bad things to make law

HSC
hey does any1 think 'To kill a micking bird' would work as a related texts for 'The Justice Game'?
I was asked to write an essay arguing that there are different viewpoints about the events, personalities, or situations he (Robertson) has represented. I also had to link it to a related text.

help any1???

tinamuffins

HSC
Hey i have an assessment on tuesday and i left everything last minute. I was wondering if u have any notes or major points i could talk about with michael x and prisoner of venda. Also any suggestions on related material would be greaaaaaat:)

Thank you

jellysticks

Old Timer
HSC
So I see in the Syllabus that the Afterword can be used as well. So uhh, can we use it?

the afterword is probably the most important chapter. it gives you the reasons behind robertson's views. and in that chapter he is arguably the most biased and the least balanced (although venda and show trials are up their) he wants a bill of rights. after i read that chapter everything made a lot more sense. also if you're really keen i would recommend the preface, it sets the scene really well

monique130907

HSC
we just started studying the justice game, the layout of the text is really difficult to grasp.
do you know of any related texts?

yummy-cookies

HSC
the afterword is probably the most important chapter. it gives you the reasons behind robertson's views. and in that chapter he is arguably the most biased and the least balanced (although venda and show trials are up their) he wants a bill of rights. after i read that chapter everything made a lot more sense. also if you're really keen i would recommend the preface, it sets the scene really well
NO!! Do not do the Preface. It isn't on the set list

Justplainbored

HSC
Hey guys, if any of you yr 12's are doing the justice game by geoffrey robertson I can help you..

I did it for "telling the truth" last yr, and got a band 6 in english, and although it was VERY BORING it's one of the texts that not many ppl do (they mostly do frontline) so therefore if your essay is good it'll stand out. the cases I did were
-the trials of Oz
-romans in britain
-michael X on death row
-prisoner of venda
-show trials
-diana in the dock

feel free to ask me any questions or send a pm if you need help!

I think its awesome that ur offering to help us. although if its any bother u dont have to help me. but it would be useful to get notes on
the trials of Oz
michael X on death row.
Cn u send it to
bambi_june@hotmail.com

it would be a big help, but u dont have to if its any trouble. thnks

Last edited:

Felicity5

HSC
Does anyone have any notes on the Justice Game they can send me ?

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)