The Kangaroo Team (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by RiCe_GrOwEr
hmm..... a bit biased coming from a Roosters fan...........but yeah I think Stuart should get the gig or Laurie Daley...................
Him or Lang. I don't see it as bias, he's the coach that's being tipped to take over it. I agree, he has talent.

Generator

HSC
N/A
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/10/13/1065917348277.html

'With no regular five-eighth in the touring party, Roosters hooker Craig Wing was given the No.6 jersey and Anderson confirmed that Gower would cover for him and Kimmorley as well as hooker Danny Buderus at dummy-half.'

Hmmm... Why isn't Preston Campbell in the side? (it has been asked before, but eh, I'm posting it again).

Anderson is ok as the Australian coach... We might not have any real competition at the international level, but his national teams have played quite well in the past.
His international style is meant to be much more flexible than the one he adopts at the club level... Or so say the 'experts', many of which didn't even rate Penrith for the final (Baha! I had to get that in somewhere!).

SydneySwan

woohoo!
HSC
N/A
I agree with Generator. Where is Preston Campbell? He has been performing extremely well this year. Another agreeing factor concerning the half-back position. Yes, Chris Anderson may have been a good coach (to an extent), but, why allow a coach who favours certain players, Brett Kimmorley, continue the job? When comparing both the player's individual performances and the teams' performances, it is definate that Craig Gower has been the half-back of the year, as reinforced by the 'Footy Show Awards' after the Dally M's were cancelled. The reason why the team's performance is also important is because it is usually the half-back who makes the plays and provide the opportunities for their team. I believe Gower has achieved that and may as well be more deserved of the spot than Kimmorley. Panthers - 1st. Sharks - near last. Need I say more?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
pfft, aussies just scraped home against a 12men great britain team (for 80min)..... chris anderson will be gone soon

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
yeah the aussies were lucky 2 win against a 12 man brit team, theres a good chance they'll lose their nxt match against the brits

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
so many players are out injured, its like a "B" team out there playing.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
i hope they lose their nxt game, that way anderson is more likely 2 be dropped, and then maybe they might perform betta

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
when ya have players like joey (omg i hate him, he is a bastard, but a damn good footballer) and barret out, then theres not too many other options left..

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I hate Andrew Johns with a passion, I have never liked him.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Loz#1
I hate Andrew Johns with a passion, I have never liked him.
how do you think i feel? im the from the same town as him, and where we're from isnt that huge, even when not intending to you can bump into them and hes just a total pig, hes so full of himself..
now matty on the other hand *gush* is a total sweetheart.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Yeah, i've heard he's an arsehole off the field. Do you support Newcastle?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Loz#1
Yeah, i've heard he's an arsehole off the field. Do you support Newcastle?
to some extent. my true passion lies with the dragons, their totally 'my' team
but i guess out of patriotism i support knights
but if it is a knights/dragons match, then go the red n white!!

hows this right, my brother was a really good footballer, he got offered a spot with the knights but turned it down (pretty much coz their bastards-like, this is sorta 10-15 yrs ago...but yeah, they didnt even offer them the money for a bus trip home or anything.) anyways, my brother played for cessnock (our home town, as well as the johns' boys) and joey played for st joeys (the local catholic school). anywayz, because my brother played for cessnock, joey would barely even talk to him, he, wasnt 'good' enough.
im not saying my bro was as good as joey, i dont think anyone would dispute he is one of the best players in the game..but yeah, my bro was as good as many of the players out there, like as i said he got offered a spot with the knights, he played for the junior country side in the city/country matches, all that. i have no doubt that he cooda been awesome (but his back screwed up on him anyway) but yeah, just coz he played for the local team (mind you, he went to a state school, it wasnt catholic anyway) he wasnt good enough for joey to associate with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)