The Ladder Theory (2 Viewers)

lengstar

HSC
Competition - I almost titled this section disinterest. The two are closely related. We can only pursue what runs away from us. A man who is devoted to something else besides the woman is autmatically more attractive. Any intellectual whore who has ever listened to a girl complain about how her boyfriend-ran-off-with-a-slut or how her boyfriend-is-really-not-dumb-he's-just-streetsmart-and-he- has-to-sell-weed-to-support-his-baby's-mama or he's-really-nice-even-though-he-ignores-me-and-hits-me-sometimes-but-you-don't- know-what-he's-like-when-we're-alone or he's-not-emotionally-available-that's-why-I-like-talk-to-you-until-it's-time-to-go-fuck-him while he himself is sitting right there and would like nothing better than to be with her but of course is sitting solidly on the friends ladder knows this intuitively. Ultimately, almost all guys learn this truth for themselves: The best way to never score with a woman is to show too much interest in her.

Women seem to especially like it if you are more devoted to your bad music, biker gang, forearm tattoo or marijuana. These all seem to work wonders. There are some interests you can show in a woman that will help you to fuck her: a healthy interest in destroying her self-esteem and in fucking her friends more than her seem to work wonders. Note that the following topics of disinterest have been field tested and shown conclusively not to work: Unix, literature, poetry, international politics, and sodomy.

hahahah man this shit is the bomb.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
I think this theory is correct on some levels, but I think that to say that a man is incapable of friendship without sex is wrong. To say that "friendship is ultimately doomed" because of the man's desire for sex is wrong.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
very interesting. very interesting......
it actually answers a lot of questions. however, it seemed a bit depressing and a bit sadistic in a way. however, it was good to know a bit more about the female sex. only if we all knew waht women want. *looks up at the sky* ok its not there. better look elsewhere.

the point is that though it sounded like bullshit, there was some fact in it.

now time to put fact to reality.... :D

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Well I've just been able to identify one of my mates as a "cuddle bitch" to a hottie he's been after for yonks.

Sending him the link now, should be good to see if he bothers to change at all.

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
i looked thru this lightly. cos it looks intellectual, i told my mum it was study

~Perfection

-Funked Up-
HSC
i remember reading this ages ago.. it was pretty funny! It's fairly true, even if it isnt, it's worth the read :)

twiddla

don't worry i had to have a cover as well except my mum had to check what i was doing it was something to do with king lear ;) neway interesting theory although i'll be one of those males that can actually say that i can look at girls and not think once about sex mostly cos i've known wince we were really little! AND NO I AM NOT GAY

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Ive read it before. And for the most part it is so true. In my school, i was able to identify every different group. But as someone said before, it cannot be applied to all situations, becuz not all guys think about sex so obssesively as this person seems to claim.
the funniest one i see heaps of is the good old footstool.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
"As to the first point, that of money. Well most guys know that women dig guys with money. Would Donald Trump be fucking models if he wasn't rich? That question is rhetorical. Now I don't even believe this is wrong, I think it is just nature. But I also think women who are this way (and it is almost all of you) should be honest and admit that they are basically whores, and stop saying bad things about the so-called "actual whores" who are just trying to earn an honest living."

maryanne270

there's definitely a lot of truth behind this...
as much as its callin us chix bitches, whores, gold diggers etc its actually pretty good of how chix thinks considerin a man wrote it! definitely worth a read... if ur bored and hav nothing better 2 do!!!

Dominic

HSC
N/A
If there is a spark there is and if there isn't a spark there isn't. Thats the way I look at it. All the other crap is non spark situations where people play for a few months and then get bored.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i reckon the ladder theory is a derivative of human survival instinct and biology at work.

the males who were at the top of primitive society are usually the ones with status and power (best hunters, best warriors etc). for the females who wanted protection, they will be attracted to such males, so that their offspring can acquire strong genes. nowadays status/power can be bought with money, and the same process occurs.

for the attraction of females, on the other hand, is biology. voluptuousness (colloquially, nice tits, nice ass etc) is usually a sign of strong fertility (ie. capable of making lots of babies). males want to pass on their genes and produce offspring, therefore choose females who are most capable of that possess.

LazyBoy

HSC
i disagree, i more subscrtibe to the nuture over nature approach. its the culture that we grow up in that results in the accuracy of the ladder theory.

the reason why girls have two ladders over guys, relates to how it is acceptable to act with each other. for male male friends... its not an intimate thing. like no hugging anything like that. therefore, any girl who we do that with, its a sexual thing not a friendship thing.

girls... do hug girls, and hold hands n stuff. and its perfectly normal. thats why girls can have guys on a 'friends' ladder. These social customs are not biological, they are cultural. The ladder theory is very interesting, and arguably true. the reasonws why it is, is the itneresting and debatable fact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)