• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Last Minute... (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
I have an assessment due in a few hours, yet I cannot find the sheet outlining the precise format that the lecturer seems to live by. Knowing my luck, a probable D will now be put down to a shitty P.

The joys of last minute efforts. Be warned, as I am well beyond first year yet I am still leaving everything to the final minute.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
what really pisses me off is the fact that my tutor wants me to change my WHOLE ASSESSMENT coz we had an argument essay topic for management and I was the negative for "good leaders are born and not made", so I was like fuck this, i'll 'squirrel' the debate and not prove the converse, but that both are true and valid and operate simultaneously. it's the surefire way to win, but she bloody emails me with this after i asked her:

Hi Wen,

Apologies for taking so long to respond to your debate query - I just wanted to check that my response to you was in line with that given by Emma to other tutors. Technically you are right but we prefer that each group investigate the other
side of the debate (ie. that leaders are made). The debate form of
assessment is a way for students to examine either side of a management
argument, and we feel that the learning outcomes for all teams will be
greater if all teams attempt to prove the converse of the topic. Otherwise, some groups may not be tempted to investigate as many literatures or seek to provide
opposite examples.

So please take the opposing view for the purpose of this assessment.

Thanks & Regards
Rosie
she sent it midnight last night and it's due this afternoon at 5pm!

so i fired back:
Rosie,

Just in reference to your last email - i got it only just then... and it's a really late to restructure all our arguments, I guess we will have to submit it as is. I'm sorry, but I had already posted a message on Online Coaching (answered by Michael Law i think) and he told me i didn't have to prove the converse so i followed his advice.

I'll submit our submission this afternoon, but if you are extremely displeased with it then i guess we'll have to redo it (?). But we have not failed to take into account the other side of the argument, it's just that our tact is to show that both operates to produce good leaders (do you know what I mean?).

In my opinion, and from what i've read, it's too polarised to say "leaders are born" or "leaders are made", and that is why I've taken our approach. I have justified it in our submission. Again, I apologise for not proving the converse, but I believe our approach is more realistic.

Yours,
Wen.
this is what i call last minute changes!

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
yea, i thought it was a pretty good letter...polite, but firm....tell us her reply when u get it!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Frigid
what really pisses me off is the fact that my tutor wants me to change my WHOLE ASSESSMENT coz we had an argument essay topic for management and I was the negative for "good leaders are born and not made", so I was like fuck this, i'll 'squirrel' the debate and not prove the converse, but that both are true and valid and operate simultaneously. it's the surefire way to win, but she bloody emails me with this after i asked her:

she sent it midnight last night and it's due this afternoon at 5pm!

so i fired back:

this is what i call last minute changes!
WOA!!!!such complications... ~~~ that's y i do science subjects rather than humanity/language...

u show her frigid ^^

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Well I've just finished a 4500 word marketing report thats due friday which is a bit of a relief, next things on the list include marketing presentation, economics assignment and a HRM essay.

Bah, this time of semester is ludicrous for the amount of work you have to do... nothing is ever spaced out.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by santaslayer
yea, i thought it was a pretty good letter...polite, but firm....tell us her reply when u get it!
Rosie's Reply, last nite 9pm:
Hi Wen,

Apologies again for the lateness of the email and that's fine - ie. your tact considering you did ask me and asked the MPO coach. I agree that it will be a more realistic argument (using your tact) given it is difficult to argue anything to an extreme but that is the point of debating - arguing the impossible sometimes - it is about generating plausible justifications for why your team's position should be adopted - even when it seems unlikely.

So don't worry - it sounds as though your team have thought long and hard about this.

Regards
Rosie

Generator

HSC
N/A
It is always a laugh when someone decides to print off a large pdf just as you are about to use the printer...

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
1200 word film study due thursday

barely started :rolleyes:

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
wait..... ......finished now! (except for footnoting, but then, there's only a few of those to do)

woohoo! :)

santaslayer

HSC
Next Week:

Monday: 13 Weeks of Journal writing
Tuesday: Law Assingment (35%)
Thursday: Accounting practice set (approx 50 hours of tedious shit)

Week After: Information Systems assingment
Management tutorial facilitation and writeup..LoLz

:D.Im gonna cry :p

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Next Week:

Heh, I remember that with great fondness.... 96% for that... it did help that I took it to an accountant to do though. :D The amount of people who their sister/brother to do it or a friend who's an accountant to do it was unbelievable.

Ribbon

lol, I have a myob assignment due at the end of next week, and a library reserch (easy) assignment that I am getting next monday. I think I might have 1 other take home assignment to do and then thats it for me until the exams :D

Jealous?

You should be by the sound of it :D

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I'm not jealous. 3/4 of my subjects don't even have exams. na na na na na na

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Next Week:

santaslayer, which practice set do you use??? we use tigre tiles, pty ltd... =p but not due til like june ^^

we only haf like 1 quiz, 1 acct hw (whihc is on every wk) and 1 phys asmt ^^ coolies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)