The Latham Diaries (1 Viewer)

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Deus said:
They did declare it urgent.

Abbott moved that the legislation, comprising of three bills, be considered as urgent and allotted approximately fourty-five minutes to debate all three.
That's quite dodgy, you're not supposed to use the guillotine for that. As far as convention goes, as I understand it, one is supposed to use the urgent feature for things like war, crisis, etc -- basically issues requiring immediate resolve.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Lateline interview begins now.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
As expected, that was a much better interview, with Latham's take on the events being examined to a greater depth than with Denton and Tony Jones also directing the interview towards the Libs and the economy and the ALP's future. If anyone missed it, they would be best to check the Lateline site for the transcript.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Tony was much too tame for my liking. He really should have ripped him apart.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Well, i'm off to NZ

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
discex said:
http://au.news.yahoo.com/050917/2/p/vz7g.html

lol. There goes Labor again, thinking that it knows what voters want. Someone should tell Labor not to talk about things that it has no clue about.
What do you expect Barry to say? :rolleyes:

Being cocky comes back to bite. And just like everyone knows its not like the Libs are totally clean. If the past ever comes back to haunt a Liberal then cockyness now will look very foolish and hypocritical.

Won't it?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Insiders - Latham 'a man on a mission'

In all honesty, I find it strange to dismiss Latham's claims about Beazley out of hand given the statement of fact that Beazley has surrounded himself with some of the dirtiest players within the federal ALP (whether he is aloft or not is not the point, rather it's that he's hardly the paramount of virtue that many believe him to be, even if it's only by association).

No mention of Latham's statements about the apparent conflict between Paul Kelly the man and Paul Kelly the journalist, though (to be expected, I guess).

Generator

HSC
N/A
Glen Milne, the 'mover and shaker'...

Glen Milne: Latham's allies turn to targets

A final postscript: while some divisions have emerged within the Labor caucus over Latham's diaries there has been near-universal revulsion at his resurrection of the June 2000 suicide of Victorian Labor MP Greg Wilton. Latham last week virtually accused Beazley and Labor's deputy Senate leader, Stephen Conroy, of causing Wilton's death.

Latham's gratuitous revival of the memory of this dreadful incident for his own self-serving political purposes has had an awful impact on Wilton's widow and two children. For that reason, no one wants to respond publicly to his attack.

But one day, the real story of Latham's role in the Wilton suicide will be revealed.
ALP 'abandoned Wilton' before suicide

The leadership of the federal Labor Party abandoned Victorian MP Greg Wilton in the days before his suicide five years ago, his sister said.

Leeanda Wilton publicly backed Mark Latham over his claims last week that a toxic political environment inside the ALP contributed to Mr Wilton's death in June 2000.

Ms Wilton said while Mr Wilton had problems, the Labor Party leadership forgot he was a human being.

She said the one person who had continued to offer support to her family was Mr Latham.

"I'm not using (this) as payback. The reason I rang in (to the program) was because I was really concerned late last week that in fact that it was Mr Latham who was being pilloried over all of these sorts of issues," she said.

"And in fact it's Mark Latham that's the only one that's shown any decency through all of this.

"The issue is, I think, the truth needs to be told and I am someone who knows the truth in this particular matter ... and the truth was not being told last week."
A claim has been substantiated, it seems.

Edit: AM - Latham says US alliance makes Australia more of a terrorist target

Edit 2: Beazley denies abandoning suicidal MP

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

I found them entertaining. Entertaining in the style of teenage emo blogs on the internet. Especially the part where Latham says Howard always looks constipated.
<3 professionalism

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
But he's such a great promoter of regularity

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
With this and the slip up by Costa can Iron and Leetom please admit they were wrong in their 'people of labor stock would never act like this' comment?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I was only arguing for the sake of it - er I mean I was talking about the attacks on family members, which aren't fair game. Latham is the loudest crier of that point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)