The Legal Studies HSC 2014 Preparation Thread (1 Viewer)

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
haha, not sure how i missed that.. also, when we incorporate a 'recent media article' the only expectation is that you paraphrase the significance of the article right? no requirement to outline either the exact title of the article or date of publication?
Yes don't write what the article is about but rather the effect or the point the article was trying to make.

Mention the name of the article and then in brackets put (newspaper name, year)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I make up all my media. Just learn the kinds sources that are known for certain things (I 'use' Reuters and Guardian for World Order, SMH/Telegraph for social commentary on crime and people complaining about consumer issues). Also, having a decent idea of titles that sound legit before you go in is a good idea so you're not wasting time thinking of stuff like that in the exam. I never make up cases or legislation, I don't think that's overly prudent, but you could probably get away with making up cases for small-scale consumer complaints if you wanted.

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Honest question, how hard is it to get full marks for a legal essay? Bc I've never lost any marks in legal for my essays or short answer, it's always mc. But obviously my teacher is marking too easy... How hard would that be to do in the hsc?

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Honest question, how hard is it to get full marks for a legal essay? Bc I've never lost any marks in legal for my essays or short answer, it's always mc. But obviously my teacher is marking too easy... How hard would that be to do in the hsc?
According to my legal studies teacher, no-one has gotten 100 raw in the past 2 years. This would be pretty hard to do because of their specific criteria, etc

MC is bullshit anyways.

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Damn, well it was a long shot anyways :/

I can sense a great disdain towards mc....

Myans

HSC
According to my legal studies teacher, no-one has gotten 100 raw in the past 2 years. This would be pretty hard to do because of their specific criteria, etc

MC is bullshit anyways.
Can confirm - although the "bullshit" multi I got wrong was just a silly mistake

Master Singleton

The Night Owl
HSC
Uni Grad
Based on all the 2014 trial papers I had and done (from: independent to Catholic) I predict and urge you to study that you will be asked on

the Legal System and Control Order for multies

common law, human rights features and protection with relevant examples, effectiveness of legal and non legal methods in promotion/enforcing/protecting human rights with relevant examples in short answer

for Crime is effectiveness/extent on law reform in Criminal Justice System or how effective/to what extent of which the law reflect moral and ethical standards

for Consumers is how effective or to what extent laws relating to consumers as a reflection of changing values and ethical standards with reference to contemporary issue(s)/the effectiveness or extent that the role of law reform in recognising the rights of consumers with reference to contemporary issue(s)/the effectiveness or extent of legal and non legal responses in achieving justice for consumers with reference to contemporary issue(s)

for Workplace is the role of the law in encoraging coorperation and resolving conflict in the workplace with reference to contemporary issue(s)/how effective or to what extent laws relating to workplace as a reflection of changing values and ethical standardswith reference to contemporary issue(s)/the effectiveness or extent that the role of law reform in recognising the rightsand enforcing responsibilities in the workplace with reference to contemporary issue(s)

Sambam429

HSC
^ don't you think for crime it'd be that question you mentioned linked in with a topic? Because that's a rather broad theme and challenge

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I reckon I'll do alright tomorrow :D

make sure to not leave anything unanswered. Even if you have to bullshit an entire essay
I will be bullshitting three entire essays. But I'm sure you'll so amazingly tomorrow! Definitely a possible state rank

Master Singleton

The Night Owl
HSC
Uni Grad
Guys go to bed now you need all the rest tonight so you can do well tomorrow morning, it's no use cramming for legal tonight do it tomorrow morning just prior to the exam so that you'll remember most of your notes so that you can answer the questions properly in the exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)