• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Legend of Zoro (1 Viewer)

iron yuppie

HSC
Anything but.

It brings ABSOLUTELY nothing new to the table. It rehashes moments here and there, the plot is old hat, the stereotypes are slaughtered, even the moments that make Zorro, well, Zorro are unsurprising.
The action scenes are so-so, though nothing awe-inspiring. The special effects look cheap (as does, at moments, the production values). There is no chemistry between the two main characters. And to finish off my ranting, the film seems to move at snails pace.
If I had to compliment something, it is the so-so action scenes.

Basically, a plain by-the-numbers affair that just screams heartlesss-Hollywood-money-making-ploy. Don't even get me started on the overt patriotism.

2 star

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
btw, I agree with this statement:
"Note to Zorro: Your sword has a pointy tip. Use it."
-- Joshua Tyler, CINEMABLEND.COM

lol !

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
man i thought the movie was really good, even better than the first one. ok, it was quite predictable, but it was really good fun! you gotta admit. i watched it like a month ago in usa, it was so good. anyone enjoy it here? atleast YBK agrees with me :D

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
YBK said:
btw, I agree with this statement:
"Note to Zorro: Your sword has a pointy tip. Use it."
-- Joshua Tyler, CINEMABLEND.COM

lol !
... Lunging at an opponent like that leaves you vulnerable ...

HSC
N/A
I thought it was good fun. Obviously reusing some old ideas - maybe even many old ideas, but still good fun to watch. :) As that's all I was expecting, I was satisfied.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i took one look at the trailer when it first came to air and thought it wasnt worth my time, money or travel while in the cinemas

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Omg, there I was with a few friends looking at the cinema board and deciding. it was a choice between Zorro and king Kong. My intuition told me Zorro is gonna be dog pooop , and as soon as it started, I knew I was 100% correct. I was bored stiff at the predictable plot. Zorro was a complete ass who didn’t respect his family, didn’t give his wife privacy, didn’t acknowledge that it was his mistake for his wife leaving him and portraying himself as an weak minded person who drinks to forget his problems.

I understand it’s a children’s movie, but come on I wanna see someone die, a pinch of blood atleast. It was 10 minutes into the end until two of the main bad guys died. It seems kinda stupid when zorro runs around with a sword while everyone is packing guns. As always Zorros death is prolonged to a point where he has enough time to escape. Why wouldn’t they just shoot him in the spine and then the head.

catherine zeta jones seems to be the only excuse to watch the movie. But she seems so out of character. No matter what situation she is in, how much dirt and sand is around her, her makeup and hair stays perfect.
And what a bitch she was. That guy that was interested in her, was a real gentleman, who spent money on her and respected her. But all of a sudden she starts treating him like shit, because the coward zorro told her too.

In my opinion the worst 8 dollars spent on a movie. 8 bucks was because of Tuesday special.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
oh and i saw king kong in the next few days, and omg 100 times better then that crap. Go king kong and peter jackson. wooo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)