The McDonald's Thread (2 Viewers)

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Re: McDonalds Wages

But apparently Maccas has one of the best training programmes around I've heard.

Legham

HSC

Yeah, i didnt know what was going on until i read the date of the posts :p Im 17 and on $10.32 or something.. Its a fair difference from 2 years ago.. And its funny cause two years ago i worked way harder, seeing as the longer you're there the less attention the managers pay to what you do :p

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC

birdie323 said:
wages have clearly gone up quite a bit in the two and a bit years since people lasted posted...i'm getting 11.17 an hour (and 13.69 penalty rate)
Thats good to know
thankfully it increased :)

Its way easier to work at maccas these days than it was 2 years ago

I don't work there now
but the procedures and everything have improved from what i've seen.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Re: McDonalds Interview

I worked for maccas for a year and a half and quit

I need a job right now but i'm not going back there :p

i'm gonna start looking soon

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Re: McDonalds Interview

Just dress how you usually would...unless it is deemed inappropriate...its not a bg deal maccas hire most ppl they interview...i worked there for 2 years but left as soon as i got a new job, just wear smart casual clothes, school uniform if it is after school....good luck

pericleanmeehan

HSC

ive got an interview at maccas on monday, and was wondering if they had a trainee wag, and if so how long it lasted. im 18 years, and looking at bein full time. any insight and advice for the interview would be greatly appreciatd!thnaks!

MichaelJackson2

Moonwalker
HSC

kelboo said:
There are plenty of other places to work other than maccas ...
Personally I would never work at Maccas - it's dirty and repetitive work.
so true mate. i worked at maccas ages ago and it was shithouse. at orientation they were emphasising on 'quality and cleanliness'. what a load of bull. it's quite common practise for crew staff to pick up buns they've dropped onto the floor and use em to make big macs etc. one time this dude even used the metal tray (upon which you would make ur burgers) to squish down the stuff in an overloaded bin and then use it to make a filet o fish. wen i mentioned it to him he was like 'awwww mate you've seen nothing'. no wonder why people at the drive thru would make remarks like '...and don't spit in the burgers'.

Beege

HSC

I work at maccas and lately i've been getting buggerall shifts. My last shift was on the 28th january and my next one is tomorrow, that is just fucking lousy. I've been there for nearly 4 months and i'm 17 and my pay is $10.06 p/h.

If this trend continues, i'm gonna look for another job. Can anyone recommend another place to work?

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC

MichaelJackson2 said:
so true mate. i worked at maccas ages ago and it was shithouse. at orientation they were emphasising on 'quality and cleanliness'. what a load of bull. it's quite common practise for crew staff to pick up buns they've dropped onto the floor and use em to make big macs etc. one time this dude even used the metal tray (upon which you would make ur burgers) to squish down the stuff in an overloaded bin and then use it to make a filet o fish. wen i mentioned it to him he was like 'awwww mate you've seen nothing'. no wonder why people at the drive thru would make remarks like '...and don't spit in the burgers'.
that was quite an interesting read. seeing as im halfway through my second Big Mac meal right now...

L

lala91

haha i get to reject maccas even though i did the interview cos woolies accepted me =D the maccas interview was so shit..we sat in the customer eating area..and it went for less than 5 min?!

TwoNiner

HSC

Well I've got an interview booked with Macca's for Saturday week. Wish me luck!

Legham

HSC

DeathB4Life said:
that was quite an interesting read. seeing as im halfway through my second Big Mac meal right now...
Don't believe everything you read. I know for a fact that none of that would happen in my store.

And @ tamarandarine, it's obviously not too crap if you've worked there for almost two years.. I've worked there for 3.5 years, and im gonna start looking for a new job, but it's been a good 3.5 years.

tennille

HSC

I only worked at maccas for 8 months about 4 years ago, and even if it is cheap labour, many employers like potential employees who have worked there since they have some sort of experience that requires hard work and efficiency.

TwoNiner

HSC

tamaranadine said:
don't work at maccas!
Don't worry, they never called me to tell me when my first shift is...

Bloody good management they've got, yeah right.

simonelye

Simone.
HSC

hey, yer i work at maccas. Im 18, and i get 12.50 an hour im pretty sure. and i get like 18.50 an hour on sundays, and like double time n a half on public hols. maccas is ok, not the best, but better than a lot of other places 2 work!

simonelye

Simone.
HSC

i think im on the old wage but.. so i dunno bout the new one with the IR laws... but yer they train u pretty good i guess.. and ive been there like 2 years, at our age we cant be too picky! have fun!

sasquatch

HSC
Quitting McDonalds

Today..well like 5 minutes ago i rang up to quit McDonalds and the manager told me I have to tell them in writing - why i quit/when im gonna quit and work for 2 weeks for my shift.

My mum said this was bullshit and i dont have to do jack, and i checked on the award summary thing for NSW and it says for Casual:

In the event the employee no longer wishes to accept engagements with the
employer or the employer no longer wishes to offer engagements to the
employee, the employee or the employer shall notify the other party without
undue delay.
So that means i just have to tell them and thats that, which I also though.

ANd even for partime/fulltime it says:

6. TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT
To terminate employment, the following notice or payment in lieu thereof, must be
given by the employer or the employee:
Employee's Period of Continuous Service Period of Notice
Not more than 1 year At least 1 week
So even if i WAS partime/full time i would only have to give 1 weeks notice, so whats with this 2 weeks bullshit and a written letter when im only a stupid casual.

What do i do now then?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Re: Quitting McDonalds

stop coming in and tell them to fuck off (unless they owe you money or you plan to use them as a reference)

Skeeta

HSC
Re: Quitting McDonalds

you dont have to, but dont expect a shining reference fromm them.

Two weeks is just because they've incorporated you into the roster for this time, and may not be able to cover those shifts

Whether its in the award or not doesnt mean common courtesy doesnt come into play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)