The McDonald's Thread (1 Viewer)

shsshs

HSC
Re: Quitting McDonalds

faov said:
You're not going to work for McDonald's solely for a reference, are you? They spend so much money, time and effort training you that the minimum time to receive a reference should not even be a consideration.
firstly, no i dont work there solely for a reference, i worked there coz it was the first job i got offered after applying for heaps of places and i wanted some extra cash.

secondly, i owe maccas nothing. They trained me in one day - whereas it should take one week - to save some cash. There was no time, effort, money expense for them at all. Im more productive than the crew trainers, and the mainly non-english speaking, asian TAFE people that work there.

Im just asking sine ive worked there for 8 months and am thinking of quitting soon, and was wondering if it was appropriate to ask for a reference.

daniel4592

HSC
Re: Wierd Mcdonalds Interview?

Still nothing,
Im going to go to plumpton on tuesday for the interview.
Its been 2 weeks on monday so i dont see why that paper will affect anything since mcdoanlds states that you will be infromed in the next 14 days of your outcome and i havent been so so dont i have the right no go to as many interviews as i wish until i find a job?
And how long does woolworths take to reply i applied and the vaccancy close date was 15th this month and still nothing ive seen peopl say it takes up to 3 months?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

faov said:
omg, you want to work at Plumpton? I haven't been there before but I looked it up and its in the western suburbs of Sydney!!! I don't think you should choose that location if at all possible, everyone there is a.) on government benefits, b.) on drugs and/or alcohol, c.) poor, d.) a combination of all 3. Call them tomorrow just to express more interest, but given its location and the literary rates in that area... there staff turnover must be quite high. McDonald's would/will email you if you don't receive a job.
You. Are. An. Idiot.

Sweeping generalisations, much? It's people like you that make me damn happy to live on the outskirts of Sydney, because I'm that much further away from you. It's quiet here, it's spacious and it's a hell of a lot prettier than half the innercity areas I've been to.

There are some really nice areas in western Sydney, stop stereotyping. Oh, and note the very literate and coherent nature of my post, if you please. Do I sound like someone on drugs or with an alcohol problem?

back on topic: woolworths and other such places do take quite a while to get back to you sometimes. I applied to Coles and didn't hear anything for another six months before I got an interview.

Member232135

HSC
N/A

yeah some places take ages to get back to you. I work at kmart atm, i applied for the job in November of 2006, got it in february. Just be patient.

daniel4592

HSC

They rejected me but they stated "We have found a person better suting our needs"
What gets me angry is why and how can they say this when i practically wasnt interviewed i was asked to confirm stuff and leave and they made me sign a paper not to work at Plumpton thank god i thought it through and went anyway last Tuesday.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC

HAHA I loved my maccas interview. I came in, sat down and was introduced to the store manager. She starts talking, keeps talking, keeps talking, i tried to get some words in but she's still talking. After 10-15mins she mentions "I like you I'll hire you" then interview ended.

daniel4592

HSC

Well i rang head ooffice woolworth regarding my app to woolworths plumpton 1 month ago he said he will call back in a few days and let me know whats going on.
HOpefully I get an interview there!
Coles isnt being nice either LOL!
2 guys at my school got a job there and applied 2 months after i did and apps were the same.
I have now gottent the guy to ask his manager if he would hire me would it be more liekly to get a job if your friend who works asks??

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A

They were probably desperate, and will take nearly anyone. I am sure you looked presentable, and aboce their rejection line, so getting into detail is not necesarry.
A few years ago , when i went to a maccas interview, it lasted similar amount of time, i started next day!!

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A

They were probably desperate, and will take nearly anyone. I am sure you looked presentable, and aboce their rejection line, so getting into detail is not necesarry.
A few years ago , when i went to a maccas interview, it lasted similar amount of time, i started next day!!

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A

No duplication error message?

Evilo

HSC

mishee said:
when i went for my mcdonalds interview, it lasted for about 5 minutes and 3 minutes later i got an email from them saying that i got accepted. i suppose the mcdonalds u applied to are desperate for workers, like the one i had the interview for
+1 from what i hear the interviews dont last for long.
Considering you already worked there he doesnt need to worry about effeciency, ohs and all those other things you've already been accustomed to.

Dont sign anything without reading (and understanding) it. NEVER!
I remember when i was training to be an officer in the AACC - they wanted me to sign something without reading it. I told them they could wait untill i finished reading or i wouldnt sign it. Seems the officer was taken back by this, but i was serious so he waited.

cwishipoo

HSC
Re: Mcdonalds interview

BillyMak said:
hehe, looks like there's a little subculture of maccas managers on BOS.

I'm 19, shift supervisor in NSW at a McOpCo store and I get $18.80, but I reckon I earn every cent of it.

Managers always get payed for 8 hour shifts but on average I probably do about 10 hours... yesterday I did a 13 hour shift because we were ridiculously short-staffed.

I work at lansvale maccas and im 15 and it is always busy but u\im not complainin cuz im lovin it

scandal

HSC

Strawbaby said:
Goddamn. I'm 18 and work at Bakers Delight as a senior shop girl, and I only get $10.10 an hour, no matter when I work - Saturdays, Sundays, early mornings, holidays, it's all the same. There isn't really any proper overtime, though if it's excessive I guess we can ask our boss.

The only good thing about it is during the uni semester I can cut my shifts down to practically nothing and not be fired, then work a lot during the holidays.

I think on this pay I'd rather be at McDonalds.

shit im 19 and work there.. i get $14.10 base plus extra on sat... and time and a half on sundays.. i think it depends on ur boss!!

kekeheaven

HSC

Im working at Mcdonalds in Circular Quay , and i must say Its always packed , It is known to be the most busiest store in sydney , I work at the fryers , making fillets and chicken burgers , and i cant keep up with stock since i have to also fry other things ,, its very tiring .. I rather work in Big W or target and get less pay, cuz its bludgy

Chris.

HSC

if you are working for maccas...do they make u clean toilets??

G

Gavvvvvin

theyre not going to clean themselves lol

P

pLuvia

kekeheaven said:
Im working at Mcdonalds in Circular Quay , and i must say Its always packed , It is known to be the most busiest store in sydney , I work at the fryers , making fillets and chicken burgers , and i cant keep up with stock since i have to also fry other things ,, its very tiring .. I rather work in Big W or target and get less pay, cuz its bludgy
I doubt McDonald's pays better than Target or BigW

Chris.

HSC

Gavvvvvin said:
theyre not going to clean themselves lol
i thought they contracted people from outside to do it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)