The McDonald's Thread (1 Viewer)

inhinyero

HSC
Re: McDonalds interview query

Research about the company. And when the interviewer asks "Do you have any questions for me?", ask at least one.. this shows that you've research about the company's goals and vision and that you are interested and eager to get hired. Prepare answers for commonly asked questions.

Click the link below for the 50 common interview questions and how to answer them

50 COMMON INTERVIEW Q&A Bhuvana Sundaramoorthy’s Blog

I hope this helps one way or another.. Believe in yourself... have confidence before going to the interview and lastly, be smart.

Mary1

HSC
Mcdonalds Uniform

I am currently thinking about getting a casual job at Mcdonalds. I have heard that you have to share your uniform.Is this true? Or do you get your own uniform and change at home, then wear it to work?

aya-chan

HSC
Re: Mcdonalds Uniform

lol. naaah. you get your own uniform. =) well at least, I do ...

and I don't think it'd be different at other mcdonaldses ...

arcticfox

HSC

You get your own uniform, and which design (there's currently 3 (4 including the blue one) in use - black + yellow stripes/shirt with buttons halfway down = company, grey with red band around middle = franchise -- to my knowledge anyway) depends if its a company or franchise owned store.

akrinis

HSC
Hi this is vicky. I am in australia in student visa. I applied for Mcdonalds and got an interview call . being an indian,I would like to know how are the possibilities of getting a job in mcdonalds. I had already attended an interview in mcdonalds before 3 months but i was rejected. I am wondering whether i'll b successful this time around. how shud i present myself in interview? what questions i shud ask and what will be the interview questions like? pls reply. cheers..
McDonalds is an 'equal employment opportunities' workplace, so I'm sure they won't hold anything against you based on your race/ethnicity.

I don't know how the recruitment process goes, but I know stores turn down potential workers for different reasons - I tried to apply for my current store twice - the first time I was unlucky because they weren't taking on new crew as they were in the process of training recruits.

Dress smart-casual or casually at the interview. Be yourself, it's just an interview - you've already got one foot in the door, you'll be fine. Ask them anything you like; policies, pay, anything. Make sure if your availability changes, you let them know.

Interview questions, let's see. At my interview for my old store, they asked me why I wanted the job, what hobbies I have, and why they should hire me. Second job, I was asked again about my hobbies, and they queried about my old job (briefly), and my availability.

I am currently thinking about getting a casual job at Mcdonalds. I have heard that you have to share your uniform.Is this true? Or do you get your own uniform and change at home, then wear it to work?
It depends on the restaurant's policies and procedures, but as far as I know, no, you do not share your uniform. Uniform policy varies by store. At my old store, Liverpool F/C, they gave uniforms out for free but my experience with them hasn't been pleasant. The current restaurant I'm employed at gives new crew a brand new set of uniform at the cost of $50 (for the hat, pants, shirt, apron, and belt), and you can bring it to work and change into it, or change at home and wear it to work.

I have heard that some franchises have a common uniform store, and you are not allowed to wear the uniform out of the store.
Why would anyone wear their uniform outside of the store? Unless they're only allowed to change inside the store only, which I still think is silly.

You get your own uniform, and which design (there's currently 3 (4 including the blue one) in use - black + yellow stripes/shirt with buttons halfway down = company, grey with red band around middle = franchise -- to my knowledge anyway) depends if its a company or franchise owned store.
I'm pretty sure the designs aren't exclusive to company/franchises. Our store has the black and yellow stripe design, and it's a franchise.

On to something non-work-related, what does everyone think about the new Fillet Snack Wrap and Deluxe cheeseburger? I really like this new cheeseburger; it tastes different although at first I was a bit unsure about the Mayonnaise + Beef combination. It's now my favorite burger. And they're dirt cheap @ $1.95

Last edited:

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC

I have heard that some franchises have a common uniform store, and you are not allowed to wear the uniform out of the store.
lol really? that's real stupid

we're required to wear like a jacket or something when not working/out of the store
but that's about it

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
McDonalds is an 'equal employment opportunities' workplace, so I'm sure they won't hold anything against you based on your race/ethnicity.

I don't know how the recruitment process goes, but I know stores turn down potential workers for different reasons - I tried to apply for my current store twice - the first time I was unlucky because they weren't taking on new crew as they were in the process of training recruits.

Dress smart-casual or casually at the interview. Be yourself, it's just an interview - you've already got one foot in the door, you'll be fine. Ask them anything you like; policies, pay, anything. Make sure if your availability changes, you let them know.

Interview questions, let's see. At my interview for my old store, they asked me why I wanted the job, what hobbies I have, and why they should hire me. Second job, I was asked again about my hobbies, and they queried about my old job (briefly), and my availability.

It depends on the restaurant's policies and procedures, but as far as I know, no, you do not share your uniform. Uniform policy varies by store. At my old store, Liverpool F/C, they gave uniforms out for free but my experience with them hasn't been pleasant. The current restaurant I'm employed at gives new crew a brand new set of uniform at the cost of $50 (for the hat, pants, shirt, apron, and belt), and you can bring it to work and change into it, or change at home and wear it to work.

Why would anyone wear their uniform outside of the store? Unless they're only allowed to change inside the store only, which I still think is silly.

I'm pretty sure the designs aren't exclusive to company/franchises. Our store has the black and yellow stripe design, and it's a franchise.

On to something non-work-related, what does everyone think about the new Fillet Snack Wrap and Deluxe cheeseburger? I really like this new cheeseburger; it tastes different although at first I was a bit unsure about the Mayonnaise + Beef combination. It's now my favorite burger. And they're dirt cheap @ $1.95
When my friend was interviewed, her interviewer was intimidating and showed absolutely no emotion. She was so freaked out that she blew it. She got the job =)

akrinis

HSC
When my friend was interviewed, her interviewer was intimidating and showed absolutely no emotion. She was so freaked out that she blew it. She got the job =)
Just goes to show, its not that hard to get a job at Maccas. What's hard is staying sane at work. ;)

When I had my first interview at my old store, I found the interviewer quite intimidating. When I worked with her, she turned out to be one of the worst managers with a quick temper.

BiancaMaree

HSC
Just goes to show, its not that hard to get a job at Maccas. What's hard is staying sane at work. ;)

When I had my first interview at my old store, I found the interviewer quite intimidating. When I worked with her, she turned out to be one of the worst managers with a quick temper.
hahaha thats the exact same as me! hahahaha where was yours at??? lol

X2RADialbomber

mandapanda
HSC
I'm a Crew Trainer at Maccas. My first interview was really good. Just remember to keep good eye contact and be friendly! Employers like it if you laugh and show personality. It really shows that you'll work well when interacting with customers. :)

spence

HSC

My store's company owned, and we use the grey one. We used to have the black and yellow one though. And only crew trainers and managers get their own uniforms

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
when do we get the new angus burger?
i was supposed to go to some meeting about it 2 days ago but missed it.

spence

HSC
when do we get the new angus burger?
i was supposed to go to some meeting about it 2 days ago but missed it.
next wednesday. not looking forward to it. although it tastes awesome

vickyg

HSC
Hi guys,
This is vicky. I was interviewed on 19th august 2009 at a maccas in melbourne and they asked like will u b able to work overnight? i said 'yes'. they said in interview that they started hiring christmas casual employees. Next day, I called them to ask abt my status of my application and they said u'll b getting a mail saying that u r hired and then they asked my passport,visa everything bcoz i am in melbourne as an international student ( from India). I have e-mailed them my passport n visa copy and after that i never got any reply till now. I am thinking that my application is rejected. could anybody pls answer my query?

Cheers,
Vicky

yumcoffee

HSC
Hi guys,
I had a job interview at McDonalds today and well the manager said I got the job at the end of it. But I won't be called in until 2-3 weeks :/

What's the pay rate for a 15 year old? This is in Melbourne by the way.

spence

HSC
Hi guys,
I had a job interview at McDonalds today and well the manager said I got the job at the end of it. But I won't be called in until 2-3 weeks :/

What's the pay rate for a 15 year old? This is in Melbourne by the way.
Not sure of the exact rate, but I'm pretty sure it's between $7 and $8 an hour

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)