The McDonald's Thread (1 Viewer)

spence

HSC
I don't know what conditions you're talking about but the conditions at the maccas I work is better than I thought, so I actually eat more.
agreed, imo maccas conditions are very good

thedsta

HSC
N/A
Question on Fried procedures:

I was told by 3 different trainers/managers that apple pies are the only product that can be cooked in the fish vat apart from filet, and that it's a little known fact.

Today I was bollocked by two more for doing it.

Just wonder if anyone knows FOR SURE if they can be cooked in that vat?

It would be easier if full station procedures were posted on metime for us all to check at our conveniences (especially when you're not formally trained on most of them)...

Sew2289

HSC
Question on Fried procedures:

I was told by 3 different trainers/managers that apple pies are the only product that can be cooked in the fish vat apart from filet, and that it's a little known fact.

Today I was bollocked by two more for doing it.

Just wonder if anyone knows FOR SURE if they can be cooked in that vat?

It would be easier if full station procedures were posted on metime for us all to check at our conveniences (especially when you're not formally trained on most of them)...
No They cannot. Fillet Vat is at a lower temperature to all other vats.

chuboy

HSC
No They cannot. Fillet Vat is at a lower temperature to all other vats.
Not to mention that they will nearly always taste like fish unless the vat has just been dropped.

Wow, we'll probably have about 15 in back area alone on boxing day. But then again, we'll probably be doing a 5 grand hour
Shit, our store record for a day is 21K =/

That said, 6 people on back area would be very crowded in our store. I don't even think we have that many people rostered on Good Friday, etc etc.

Sew2289

HSC
Today Was Absolute hell at my store. We were up nearly 150% on our regular Sunday sales due to the sales so every man and his dog made their way to the Shopping Centre. :chainsaw:

spence

HSC
Boxing day was painful. 5 grand lunch hours and 4 grand breakfast hours are not fun

Epic

HSC
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone would know how much an 18 year old working part time at McDonalds would expect to be paid?

Thanks. :)

chuboy

HSC
Wow we were just short of 60k on boxing day
Crazy! our store isn't in a city so we could never hope to make that much but I think we get figures like that on a good week XD

So much better, we get paid the same but we aren't working nearly as hard as you must be!

ashllis92

HSC
I know 18 yo casuals get 13.93 so a little bit less for part time i spose

NewiJapper

HSC
I worked there for two years and can honestly say i loved most of my time there, the people i worked with were amazing and some are my bestfriends now :p

You can either make your employment at maccas a wonderful or horrible job, don't blame others your up shit creek.

ashllis92

HSC
I worked there for two years and can honestly say i loved most of my time there, the people i worked with were amazing and some are my bestfriends now :p

You can either make your employment at maccas a wonderful or horrible job, don't blame others your up shit creek.
unfortunately not everyone has this luxury, i work with a store of dickheads (with a few notable exceptions)

spence

HSC
Crazy! our store isn't in a city so we could never hope to make that much but I think we get figures like that on a good week XD

So much better, we get paid the same but we aren't working nearly as hard as you must be!
I'd hate to work at a store that wasn't busy though. I'd get so bored.

Got a free bottle of champagne at work today cause we broke the sales record in december :)

ashllis92

HSC
yay just got an interview to Kingsford! If I get it though it will be very weird working at a different store...

akrinis

HSC
Hmm... mind if someone will help me with this.

My store manager rostered me on for tomorrow. I already put in the NA book I was unavailable on Sundays beforehand. Should I do a no-show? This is really frustrating. She knew I CAN'T WORK on Sundays. She read the NA book. She's meant to be following work policy, no?

AND, my new manager (who happens to be extremely bitchy) rostered me on next Saturday @ 7-2. I put in the book that the earliest I can start is 8.30. I'm thinking of turning up at 8.30 just to piss her off.

Will I get into trouble if I turn up late or not show up to a shift? Can a manager force you to turn up to work even if you're not available to work and you've given them prior notice (na book)? I don't see how any of this could be my fault when they're not rostering me correctly according to my availability.

I always get told off by my supervisor and this place is growing more ridiculous by the day. I think I'm going to call quits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)