The McDonald's Thread (1 Viewer)

ashllis92

HSC
at least let them know that you're not going to show and explain why, that way they won't be as pissed at you because they have time to organise someone to cover your shift...

HSC
i would call beforehand (ie today) and tell them exactly what you just said then, rather than no showing or purposely turning up late.

I understand that they're screwing up the rosters, but that happens in all workplaces and is probably just a mistake. And if you're casual, I would throw that back in their faces, always works when my work screws up my roster.

akrinis

HSC
I remember the tedious process it took for me to move to another store. Apply. Get the job. Quit old job. Ask to be delted from the database. Wait. Get email. Wait some more. I could've simply asked for a transfer, but I didnt want to give them reason to ask me any questions.

spence

HSC
Hmm... mind if someone will help me with this.

My store manager rostered me on for tomorrow. I already put in the NA book I was unavailable on Sundays beforehand. Should I do a no-show? This is really frustrating. She knew I CAN'T WORK on Sundays. She read the NA book. She's meant to be following work policy, no?

AND, my new manager (who happens to be extremely bitchy) rostered me on next Saturday @ 7-2. I put in the book that the earliest I can start is 8.30. I'm thinking of turning up at 8.30 just to piss her off.

Will I get into trouble if I turn up late or not show up to a shift? Can a manager force you to turn up to work even if you're not available to work and you've given them prior notice (na book)? I don't see how any of this could be my fault when they're not rostering me correctly according to my availability.

I always get told off by my supervisor and this place is growing more ridiculous by the day. I think I'm going to call quits.
Definitely let them know beforehand. Even if they made a mistake it's still very slack of you to not show up if you know you're rostered

jirwin

HSC
Wouldn't you have known you were rostered on for this shift like a week ago? At least a couple of days surely. Why did it take you long to 'decide' what to do about it?

akrinis

HSC
Thanks for the advice everyone, but I've made up my mind already. This job is really not healthy for me, and I dont know if they'll clean up their act or not, but I'm done trying to convince myself to stay.

I'm handing in my resignation letter today. And yes, I WILL turn up to my shift, just because this once, I don't have anything going on tomorrow. Hopefully my restaurant manager is there tomorrow so I can give her the letter in private and tell her what I think of the 'rostering' and let them know I won't be turning up any earlier than 8.30 for next week's Saturday shift.

This job has had its fair share of good moments, but in the end, I suppose when I weigh things up, this is the best decision for me to me making. I'm going to ask for some references before I leave.

HSC
Thanks for the advice everyone, but I've made up my mind already. This job is really not healthy for me, and I dont know if they'll clean up their act or not, but I'm done trying to convince myself to stay.

I'm handing in my resignation letter today. And yes, I WILL turn up to my shift, just because this once, I don't have anything going on tomorrow. Hopefully my restaurant manager is there tomorrow so I can give her the letter in private and tell her what I think of the 'rostering' and let them know I won't be turning up any earlier than 8.30 for next week's Saturday shift.

This job has had its fair share of good moments, but in the end, I suppose when I weigh things up, this is the best decision for me to me making. I'm going to ask for some references before I leave.
Probably a good decision :)

cd285

HSC
sorry, to hijack the thread but how long is the time between getting the job and the orientation? and during orientation, is it just one person or a group?

spence

HSC
sorry, to hijack the thread but how long is the time between getting the job and the orientation? and during orientation, is it just one person or a group?
For my store, there's usually about 5-10 people for orientation, although other stores probably do less.
And its hard to say when orientation will be, depends on the store

ILikesTheSchool

HSC
Hey guys,

Just wondering if maccas will ever hire a 20 year old, and if so what would the expected pay be?

Thanks

akrinis

HSC
So I handed in my resignation letter yesterday, and me and my managers had a great time talking about the unprofessional restaurant management here. I'm collecting 3 references from my favorite managers. Yay!

So I went ahead and contacted Head Office today. They weren't being very clear. I asked them if they a manager can legally force me to take a break if the shift is under 5 hours, and I got the idea from him that its optional in this circumstance. I also told them about the time my manager threw a salad towards me and that I felt threatened - he told me to talk to my restaurant operator - wtf is that? The store owner hardly comes in, so he said if talking to the supervisor doesn't work, he'll get a hold of the store owner. I'm not sure what I think about this...

My Store Manager tried to ring me today (I knew it was work) but I didn't give her the satisfaction of hearing an explanation from me. But not to worry, I'm under no obligation to reveal what I discussed with Employee Relations, and if my new Store Manager thinks she'll be let off the hook she has no idea what's coming for her. That bitch better be ready when I arrive to work tomorrow.

No one throws a salad at me and gets away with it!

Hey guys,

Just wondering if maccas will ever hire a 20 year old, and if so what would the expected pay be?

Thanks
I don't know, its possible. I know my store has hired people around 20ish for crew positions. Pay rate would be 17.66* after 15 weeks of employment.

*However, this rate would increase sometime this year as a result of the new agreement which I believe everyone voted 'yes' to.

Last edited:

spence

HSC
So I went ahead and contacted Head Office today. They weren't being very clear. I asked them if they a manager can legally force me to take a break if the shift is under 5 hours, and I got the idea from him that its optional in this circumstance. I also told them about the time my manager threw a salad towards me and that I felt threatened - he told me to talk to my restaurant operator - wtf is that? The store owner hardly comes in, so he said if talking to the supervisor doesn't work, he'll get a hold of the store owner. I'm not sure what I think about this...

But not to worry, I'm under no obligation to reveal what I discussed with Employee Relations, and if my new Store Manager thinks she'll be let off the hook she has no idea what's coming for her. No one throws a salad at me and gets away with it!

I'm collecting 3 references from my managers. Yay!
I think they can legally do that if you're casual, but they're not supposed to.

And was the manager your restaurant manager? If not then talk to the restaurant manager

akrinis

HSC
I think they can legally do that if you're casual, but they're not supposed to.
Yeah, the phone operator who answered me said something to that effect 'they can direct you to take a break up to one hour'.. kinda beat around the bush.. so in the end, not sure, I still stand by my belief that breaks should be optional unless we're working over 5 hour shifts.

And was the manager your restaurant manager? If not then talk to the restaurant manager
Yes, the manager who threw the salad at me was my Restaurant Manger. Some manager, hey? Well, I'll hear her side of the story tomorrow. Let's see what she has to say for herself.

atakach99

HSC
Maccas experience. What did you write on your resume?

hey guys im just making my resume now and was wondering what you wrote on in for maccas experience..i've worked in the back area for a year and got employee of the month and a 'taking the extra step' badge.

i just need help covering the responsibilities, and achievements section for my resume

thanks

ashllis92

HSC
So I just got a job at Maccas Kingsford, anyone here work there? What's it like? I'll be the new crew trainer around so say hi!

spence

HSC
Last night was so shit after the ACDC concert. Did a 3 grand hour between midnight and 1am

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)