The McDonald's Thread (1 Viewer)

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Good first job to get on your resume, teaches you alot of systematic things,spent 2.5 years there, worth the pay and experience although would jump at the first sight of a better job (I don't necessarily mean jobs like retail(as this isn't that much better) but something more professional like an admin job etc..)

Would recommend,don't look at all the negative stigma around it. Although watch out for certain stores because if you get a bad manager it just makes the job that much worse(since the job revolves around the manager everyday).

antounbros

HSC
Who wants to race me in making a big mac ?

8 seconds boys, beat that HAHAHA :D:D

ex-employee of 2.5 years

Larche

HSC
I got rostered for 30 hours next week?! The hell is this, my availability is 20 hrs/week. What is happening someone please explain.

BSammy

HSC
Someone has made a mistake obviously, If you genuinely can't work all those hours let someone know as soon as you can so they have plenty of time to find someone else.

Chronost

HSC
I got rostered for 30 hours next week?! The hell is this, my availability is 20 hrs/week. What is happening someone please explain.
They will go above if you worked long enough(managers tend to forget your maximum hours), just remind them again that your maximum is 20 hours per week.

Larche

HSC
Okay so I told my manager last night about the rostering issue and she wrote it down in the schedule book thing and said one of my shifts have been taken off. Is this all that needs to happen? I don't want to get a nasty phone call later on because I didn't show up to the shift that was taken off >.>

BSammy

HSC
You should be fine, and if you do get that phone call, tell them you ok'd it with your manager or whatever. No need to stress. :)

Larche

HSC
I need to rant.

So the other day I was on drive thru and up comes this group of lebanese guys who ask to have 2 separate orders, sure no problem, I take their order and ask them to drive to the next window, but they then ask me if they can put ANOTHER order through and I tell them I can't as it's only 2 orders max per car, it is at this point my headset decides to run out of battery (which is really weird because it'll usually warn you first) so I had to run out and get a new one. I apologise to them and tell them to just drive through and I'll sort out their order here.

When they show up, they continue to ask me to put another order through, but I explain to them again that no I cannot do that as we need to watch our times. They then ask me what took me so long to respond to them at the speaker and go on about how they should be in and out in 3 minutes EVEN THOUGH they just asked for THREE orders and I explain to them my headset broke and apologize for the delay, to which they respond, "Well that's not my problem is it?".

At this point I'm getting pretty annoyed and frustrated and tell them my headset doesn't break each time I take someones order and I couldn't control it and that if they have a problem with that I can get my manager. They tell me, "it's alright", so I take their money and tell them to drive through. When I come out later my manager tells me the wankers said I was giving them "attitude" and that I shouldn't do that even if I want to because we still get complaints >.> I OFFERED TO GET THEM MY MANAGER but nope, they'd rather be two faced rats and complain about me behind my back like the pathetic cowards and morons they are.

/rantover

nrussell

HSC
I need to rant.

So the other day I was on drive thru and up comes this group of lebanese guys who ask to have 2 separate orders, sure no problem, I take their order and ask them to drive to the next window, but they then ask me if they can put ANOTHER order through and I tell them I can't as it's only 2 orders max per car, it is at this point my headset decides to run out of battery (which is really weird because it'll usually warn you first) so I had to run out and get a new one. I apologise to them and tell them to just drive through and I'll sort out their order here.

When they show up, they continue to ask me to put another order through, but I explain to them again that no I cannot do that as we need to watch our times. They then ask me what took me so long to respond to them at the speaker and go on about how they should be in and out in 3 minutes EVEN THOUGH they just asked for THREE orders and I explain to them my headset broke and apologize for the delay, to which they respond, "Well that's not my problem is it?".

At this point I'm getting pretty annoyed and frustrated and tell them my headset doesn't break each time I take someones order and I couldn't control it and that if they have a problem with that I can get my manager. They tell me, "it's alright", so I take their money and tell them to drive through. When I come out later my manager tells me the wankers said I was giving them "attitude" and that I shouldn't do that even if I want to because we still get complaints >.> I OFFERED TO GET THEM MY MANAGER but nope, they'd rather be two faced rats and complain about me behind my back like the pathetic cowards and morons they are.

/rantover
Drive thru makes it difficult for managers because if we don't have our headset on for whatever reason we don't know what happened. If a customer comes to the front and acts that way I almost always step in - crew simply don't have the experience or get paid enough to deal with that shit!

Chronost

HSC
I need to rant.

/rantover
To be honest in your shoes I would've gotten them the third order after your headset broke,you disappointed them with two things which one was the order(fair enough under the rules) and second the headset breaking(not your fault but you made them wait which isn't a good thing and could've had the opportunity to make up for it by giving them that third order), instead shit like this happens when you start involving the manager, which is why i always used to make the decisions fast myself unless they specifically wanted to see the manager.

TLDR suck up to them and make em happy, that's the mcdonalds way(since getting manager and more rant just wastes even more time)

nrussell

HSC
To be honest in your shoes I would've gotten them the third order after your headset broke,you disappointed them with two things which one was the order(fair enough under the rules) and second the headset breaking(not your fault but you made them wait which isn't a good thing and could've had the opportunity to make up for it by giving them that third order), instead shit like this happens when you start involving the manager, which is why i always used to make the decisions fast myself unless they specifically wanted to see the manager.

TLDR suck up to them and make em happy, that's the mcdonalds way(since getting manager and more rant just wastes even more time)
What is this no more than 2 orders per car thing? I assumed NP6 could let you have unlimited multi orders...

Larche

HSC
At my maccas its max 2 orders per car, I think because they're kind of competitive and keep track of our rank on the nation-wide drive thru times thing. Just very unlucky >.> Drive thru has made me lose faith in humanity tbh.

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
I need to rant.

/rantover
This ↑
I too work in fast food, and I hate how ignorant and two faced some can be.

nrussell

HSC
At my maccas its max 2 orders per car, I think because they're kind of competitive and keep track of our rank on the nation-wide drive thru times thing. Just very unlucky >.> Drive thru has made me lose faith in humanity tbh.
Every store is pretty competitive with Drive Thru. The highest my store has been is number 2 nation wide during peak. Are you in NSW?

Larche

HSC
Damn, were in the red half the time haha. Don't think we've come close to 2nd. Yeah I'm in NSW :)

Larche

HSC
Mine is near Parra, I'd like to work at one closer to the city though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)