The Melbourne International Comedy Festival 2006 (1 Viewer)

BronwynKate

HSC
Who is going to the International Comedy Festival?

If you are, who are you going to see? Who do you want to see?

If you're not, why not?

There is a good student magazine out there called The Pun to which you can contribute if you go and write a revew.

I hope you enjoy the Comedy Festival this year.

Also have you been in the past? What was it like? This is the first time for me. I'm going to see three in one.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
BronwynKate said:
Who is going to the International Comedy Festival?

If you are, who are you going to see? Who do you want to see?

If you're not, why not?

There is a good student magazine out there called The Pun to which you can contribute if you go and write a revew.

I hope you enjoy the Comedy Festival this year.

Also have you been in the past? What was it like? This is the first time for me. I'm going to see three in one.
i saw daniel kitson who was absolutely amazing. some of the things he said had me falling off my chair and the next minute he had me pondering my existence.
i dont think he would be for everyone's tastes, but i found it extremely clever and enjoyable.

tripod are self saucing i think is the funniest show i have ever seen. they sang a song about the unnecessary length of the new king kong film entitled "get to the fucking monkey". so funny. their banter and ad libs are very natural and spontaneous, their songs catchy and hilarious.

i am planning on seeing "be my (kent) valentine" and tim minchkin over the next few days. its been a great festival...

BronwynKate

HSC
I went to the Collingwood children's farm and saw Jeremy, Matt (from the Melbourne Zoo - great hit with the kids) and also Der Rote Punkte.

I enjoyed Tales from the Erotic Cat the most, and there was some awesome clowning. And POO! That always gets kids going. Otto and Astrid know how to work with the most difficult audience and turn a negative into a positive. There was this cute little girl named Zoe and she didn't want to perform. And Astrid made a bond with her. Astrid is really Kate Carmichael.

And then we went to Federation Square to see Ruby and the Bellboy. There was good action in the tent but we would have had to pay.

Have a great time at the Festival! There's not much to go, is there?

Last edited:

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
yeah, it finishes on sunday.

i'm seeing dave hughes tomorrow and kent valentine on sunday. should be awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)