The Metal Thread. (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Metal

What is ur favourite band and Album,
Mine would have to be Metallica, and "Master of Puppets", "Black", then "Ride the Lightning" in that order (its got the greatest percentage of songs i like on them)
I actualy like all there albums, but those are may fav originals, however S&M is awesome, cause they have most of there greats on there

Korn "Everything including Follow the Leader was good and Take a look in the mirror was also good

Last edited:

artfag

Banned
HSC
godflesh (ice, jesu, god, etc...), eyehategod, gorguts, bathory, cryptopsy, burzum, sunn 0))), khanate, napalm death, nasum, electric wizard, melvins, neurosis

my favourite album is Gorguts' 'Obscura'

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
morbid angel, cannibal corpse, megadeth, slayer, nile, naglfar, burzum, mayhem, amon amarth, emperor, bloodbath, deicide, opeth, destroyer 666, pantera, kreator... and the list goes on

fave album - probably either In Their Darkened Shrines by Nile, or Cold Steel For An Iron Age by Destroyer 666

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
morbid angel, cannibal corpse, megadeth, slayer, nile, naglfar, burzum, mayhem, amon amarth, emperor, bloodbath, deicide, opeth, destroyer 666, pantera, kreator... and the list goes on

fave album - probably either In Their Darkened Shrines by Nile, or Cold Steel For An Iron Age by Destroyer 666
Hey, man what is Mallcore? i have heard ppl call Korn mallcore, is it the same thing as Nu-Metal

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
ok here is 2 definitions of mallcore...

"Nu Metal is suppossed to be the 'new metal' of the new age. Mixing lots of pop-culture into their music and image. Speaking of image, that's basically all they're based around, image. One band that sticks out in my mind is Slipknot. Probably one of the most popular nu metal bands, but as all nu metal bands do, they suck. They're not innovative in any way whatsoever. These bands can hardly play guitar, and most people proclaim the drumming is incredible, when really it isn't at all. Some people also proclaim that the 'new' Slipknot has wonderful and fast guitar solos, but no, they don't have even one. And their most complicated riffs aren't even complicated at all. Anyway, the genre is mostly loved by people who have a wonderful life but for some reason think their life is shit. So they go throughout their life acting depressed, but when someone asks why they're depressed they either say 'Well, because my life sucks.' or 'My parents are the worst.' But in reality they have good lives and their parents are the some of the best. Or they're just spoiled so much to hell and back that they don't know anything. You 'nu metal' bastards need to quit listening to your Slipknot and go listen to some Megadeth, or a real metal band that has talent. Such as Megadeth, as I said before, Opeth, And Oceans, At The Gates, Thyrfing, Rhapsody, Dimmu Borgir, or Children of Bodom. Don't just listen to the damn same shit all over again like all these new nu metal bands that the record companies keep shooting out their ass every month. All the bands sound exactly the same, like I said before, they're not innovative whatsoever.
Person 1: Hey I'm depressed, and my parents treat me like shit.
Person 2: Oh no, another life ruined by nu metal! Hurry little man, lets bring you to charter before it's too late!
Person 1: But I've been listening to Slipknot for over a year now.
Person 2: Sweet jesus!! *shoots him* That poor boy, he was so young, but yet so corrupted... CURSE YOU NU METAL!! *raises fist*"

"A bastardized genre of music in which the distorted guitars and agressive vocals of hardcore and heavy metal are dumbed down musically and then packaged to be marketable to angst-ridden teens. The name is derived from the "-core" system often used to name metal and punk varients such as hardcore, metalcore and emocore, and is so named because it targets your standard mall-going teens rather than real music enthusiasts, who nearly unanimously dismiss it as garbage. It can be characterized by chugging riffs based around basic (and often no) progression, and angsty yelled or rapped vocals. The lyrical content often complains about the unfairness of teenage situation, parents, school, or in rare cases politics. There is very little place for any musical innovation, and electronic effects and samples have taken the place of guitar solos and the like in 90% of the genre's bands.
"fuck...In Flames turned into total mallcore"

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:

"Nu Metal is suppossed to be the 'new metal' of the new age. Mixing lots of pop-culture into their music and image. Speaking of image, that's basically all they're based around, image. One band that sticks out in my mind is Slipknot. Probably one of the most popular nu metal bands, but as all nu metal bands do, they suck. They're not innovative in any way whatsoever. These bands can hardly play guitar, and most people proclaim the drumming is incredible, when really it isn't at all. Some people also proclaim that the 'new' Slipknot has wonderful and fast guitar solos, but no, they don't have even one. And their most complicated riffs aren't even complicated at all. Anyway, the genre is mostly loved by people who have a wonderful life but for some reason think their life is shit. So they go throughout their life acting depressed, but when someone asks why they're depressed they either say 'Well, because my life sucks.' or 'My parents are the worst.' But in reality they have good lives and their parents are the some of the best. Or they're just spoiled so much to hell and back that they don't know anything. You 'nu metal' bastards need to quit listening to your Slipknot and go listen to some Megadeth, or a real metal band that has talent. Such as Megadeth, as I said before, Opeth, And Oceans, At The Gates, Thyrfing, Rhapsody, Dimmu Borgir, or Children of Bodom. Don't just listen to the damn same shit all over again like all these new nu metal bands that the record companies keep shooting out their ass every month. All the bands sound exactly the same, like I said before, they're not innovative whatsoever.
Person 2: Oh no, another life ruined by nu metal! Hurry little man, lets bring you to charter before it's too late!
Person 2: Sweet jesus!! *shoots him* That poor boy, he was so young, but yet so corrupted... CURSE YOU NU METAL!! *raises fist*"

"A bastardized genre of music in which the distorted guitars and agressive vocals of hardcore and heavy metal are dumbed down musically and then packaged to be marketable to angst-ridden teens. The name is derived from the "-core" system often used to name metal and punk varients such as hardcore, metalcore and emocore, and is so named because it targets your standard mall-going teens rather than real music enthusiasts, who nearly unanimously dismiss it as garbage. It can be characterized by chugging riffs based around basic (and often no) progression, and angsty yelled or rapped vocals. The lyrical content often complains about the unfairness of teenage situation, parents, school, or in rare cases politics. There is very little place for any musical innovation, and electronic effects and samples have taken the place of guitar solos and the like in 90% of the genre's bands.
Right oh, ok thanks for that man

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Piece of Mind by Maiden and Screaming for Vengeance by Judas Priest would be equal first for this in my mind, with other favourites being Justice by Metallica and Demanufacture by Fear Factory.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
pantera - cowboys from hell
fuck thats the best album

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
bowman said:
How come there isnt some kind of group here for Metalheads, there seems to be a lot of us

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
Re......spect.......walk.......whaddya Say!!!

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
it's the best pantera song
it's ccalled walk. d/l it

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
bowman said:
it's the best pantera song
it's ccalled walk. d/l it
Ah, i dont have any of there albums, i use Yahoo to listen to them

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
My five favourite albums are (not in order) -

Agalloch - Pale Folklore
Virgin Black - Sombre Romantic
Primordial - Journey's End
In The Woods - Heart Of The Ages
Ulver - Bergtatt

Enslaved, Otyg, Vintersorg, Aphotic, Astriaal, Samael. Sigh, Evergrey, Kamelot, Dragonforce, Sol Invictus, Woods Of Ypres, Winds, Necrophagia, Summoning and Arcturus are also all excellent bands that haven't already been mentioned.

w1ck3d_c10wn said:

Varg doesn't like homosexuals, it's so ironic that Varg fanboys are nearly all homosexuals.

Last edited:

$a®e

HSC
bowman said:
oh yeh thats a top album indeed, but id have to say my all time fave would be
Chimaira- Darkness Inside
or
Soilwork - Natural Born Chaos

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
neo_o you are calling black metal fans homosexuals? Varg actually dissaociated himself from metal too, because it was derived from 'nigger' music.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
withoutaface said:
Cemetary Gates is better;)

eehh yeah it is a mad song, i just like walk an cowboys from hell better. but yeah cemetary gates is good, i love the change from the into to the heavier verse

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
neo_o you are calling black metal fans homosexuals? Varg actually dissaociated himself from metal too, because it was derived from 'nigger' music.
I really shouldn't rip into you, I think you'll find though that as you mature acting like a Varg fanboy (or in fact a fanboy of any Nazi movement) just reflects poorly upon you.

NB : Wearing a Burzum/Spear of Longinus/Abyssic Hate/Graveland T-Shirt to most metal concerts will get you beaten up, not applauded. Varg is a traitor, remember that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)