The missing Malaysian Airlines... (1 Viewer)

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Am I the only one who's troubled by this?
There's lots of rumours saying it has crashed/has landed in random areas around China/Vietnam.

If no wreckage is found so many conspiracies will arise :confused2:
Pinpoint location can't be provided (due to not activating their distress beacon prior to meeting their unfortunate and very sad fate...)

have to go by the last radar location (which, from my assumptions, would be accurate, but not accurate enough to immediately find the downed aircraft)... might take hours, might take days, even weeks maybe) :( ...

possible conspiracy debunked, pending further developments...

from way out left field, I see this really playing into a conspiracy theorists hands; happened a few hours before the Malaysia Airlines flight went missing... (It's not even geographically close, they will find a way, somehow) :uhoh:

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...board-seoul-says/story-fndir2ev-1226847464245

Last edited:

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ysia-airlines-beijing-flight-missing/6199161/

Looks like they might find it some time around first light... the Vietnamese Air Force flew over an area where there was 2 large oil slicks... unless there is a busted oil pipeline in that area, it's probably from the plane...

lets hope people got out on rafts, life jackets or something and that they are found safe and well...

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ysia-airlines-beijing-flight-missing/6199161/

Looks like they might find it some time around first light... the Vietnamese Air Force flew over an area where there was 2 large oil slicks... unless there is a busted oil pipeline in that area, it's probably from the plane...

lets hope people got out on rafts, life jackets or something and that they are found safe and well...
Well, they sort of DO prepare you for this on every flight, let's hope so.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
It has without doubt crashed. It's not unusual for it to take some time to find the crash site.

There's still a remote possibility of survivors but less so as it went down over water. Time is fast running out for rescue.

Really the conspiracy crap isn't even worthy of discussion.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
yikes

could be terrorism or structural failure leading to catastrophic loss of hull

it sucks.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
yikes

could be terrorism or explosion/structural failure leading to catastrophic loss of hull

it sucks.
There is the very real possibility it could have been terrorism... 2 passengers on the plane were traveling on stolen passports...

Luigi Maraldi (the Italian guy who was meant to be on the plane): is alive and well and confirmed his passport was stolen in Thailand a few months ago

Christan Kozel (an Austrian chap who was meant to be on the plane): also had his passport stolen two years ago in Thailand; he is safe and well...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-live-3219331

Don't know, it is looking EXTREMELY suss now...

Last edited:

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
There is the very real possibility it could have been terrorism... 2 passengers on the plane were traveling on stolen passports...

Luigi Maraldi (the Italian guy who was meant to be on the plane): is alive and well and confirmed his passport was stolen in Thailand a few months ago

Christan Kozel (an Australian chap who was meant to be on the plane): also had his passport stolen two years ago in Thailand; he is safe and well...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-live-3219331

fuck....

maybe it's just a coincidence...

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
fuck....

maybe it's just a coincidence...
I was thinking structural failure; because the wing tip was hit by an plane at an airport two years back... I was thinking shotty repair work... still could be... who knows

enoilgam

HSC
It has without doubt crashed. It's not unusual for it to take some time to find the crash site.

There's still a remote possibility of survivors but less so as it went down over water. Time is fast running out for rescue.

Really the conspiracy crap isn't even worthy of discussion.
Totally agree with this - although I think the possibility of survivors is zero. The fact that no emergency was declared indicates that whatever happened was sudden, meaning that a high impact with the ocean is most likely.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
the oil slick; probably from the hydraulics and engine...

the ocean current probably carried it a fair distance away from the wreak... surprised there isn't any smaller debris from things like foam floating around the slick as well...

Last edited:

Alkanes

HSC

Christan Kozel (an Austrian chap who was meant to be on the plane): also had his passport stolen two years ago in Thailand; he is safe and well...

Plausible lead to the cause. That being said its extremely devastating and terrifying when you hear these sort of stories on the news. This story immediately reminded me of the Air France aircraft that went missing a few years ago.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

Yeah however from previous incidents, terrorists *usually* like to display their pride all over an attack and make sure that everyone knows they have done it.

Chances of survival in any case are looking very slim.

Unless we assume that it was only a communication failure, that the pilot had enough fuel to make it to some sort of land, but landed in a very desolate area where no methods of communication are available and it's too far to walk to any places where there are people. (I'm just dreaming), Even if this is the case, there's not enough food to feed 200 people.

enoilgam

HSC
the oil slick; probably from the hydraulics and engine...

the ocean current probably carried it a fair distance away from the wreak... surprised there isn't any smaller debris from things like foam floating around the slick as well...
If the plane hit the ocean at a high speed, there might not be much debris left larger than a metre in length.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah however from previous incidents, terrorists *usually* like to display their pride all over an attack and make sure that everyone knows they have done it.

Chances of survival in any case are looking very slim.

Unless we assume that it was only a communication failure, that the pilot had enough fuel to make it to some sort of land, but landed in a very desolate area where no methods of communication are available and it's too far to walk to any places where there are people. (I'm just dreaming), Even if this is the case, there's not enough food to feed 200 people.
IIRC there was no chance for a distress signal so I doubt that they landed.

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
I think because of the fake passport thing, there would some kind of terrorist attack....

And maybe because of that, the governments will be really strict with passport with some countries will only let people go though with the smart chips on their passport....

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I think because of the fake passport thing, there would some kind of terrorist attack....

And maybe because of that, the governments will be really strict with passport with some countries will only let people go though with the smart chips on their passport....
+1. Maybe some guy/girl had a bomb strapped to his chest and it exploded.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Because it's really easy to get on a plane with bombs strapped to your chest.
It's South East Asia... :haha:

anything is possible...

Only scenario I can think of that seems plausible is that, the individuals travelling on the stolen passports were seeking asylum... chances of that are slim IMO, because, who would try and travel to China to seek asylum :haha:

Either that, terrorists maybe even spies... Mossad agents used stolen passports to enter other Middle East countries without suspicion; to commit assassinations... Malaysia does have a big Muslim population... Again, that is getting a bit too tin foil hat now...

This happened in late February this year as well...

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel...n-melbourne-etihad-flight-20140220-331x8.html

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
It's South East Asia... :haha:

anything is possible...

Only scenario I can think of that seems plausible is that, the individuals travelling on the stolen passports were seeking asylum... chances of that are slim IMO, because, who would try and travel to China to seek asylum :haha:

Either that, terrorists maybe even spies... Mossad agents used stolen passports to enter other Middle East countries without suspicion; to commit assassinations... Malaysia does have a big Muslim population... Again, that is getting a bit too tin foil hat now...

This happened in late February this year as well...

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel...n-melbourne-etihad-flight-20140220-331x8.html
Asylum to China?
One other thing is that they were stolen in Thailand so possible drug smugglers.

4 people with stolen passports now, not two.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)