The moderates and the conservatives - the state of the NSW Liberal Party (1 Viewer)

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
dude i've read your myspace and i would have to say my deduction from that, and your previous post, is that youre an arsehole

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I love this:

"The NSW Young Liberal Movement calls upon the Federal Government to revoke the tax -exempt status of all donations over $2 to Greenpeace."

X

xeuyrawp

um.. said:
dude i've read your myspace and i would have to say my deduction from that, and your previous post, is that youre an arsehole
I have myspace?

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
X

xeuyrawp

um.. said:
yes now where did i see it
edit: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...file&friendID=26663203&Mytoken=20050908062033

I'd probably tell him that the goddamn survivors can go to hell, their constant brooding and lamenting creates a kind of historical apathy. We're seeing it happen with Aboriginal history and the recent school-student backlash due to terrible state government policy.
Hahah. I think I must have been on something when I wrote that :S

Although you totally took that quotation from isolation; I'm talking about the survivors criticising Roberto Benigni for making 'holocaust humour', saying that it destroys their experience.

Now that I think of it, do you contest the fact that school student's Aboriginal education creates a kind of animosity towards them? I would say that it totally does, and I think that this can be applied to what the holocause survivors are saying to Roberto. If you create boring history, it gets forgotten. If you create a kind of 'you must remember in total serious silence', you're going to get a backlash. NSW's policy on compulsary 'Aboriginal History' is a load of horseshit. They don't have a historical narrative like our own; it needs to be taught differently, or you're encouraging intolerance to them as a social, cultural, and historical entity.

If you think that having a historical opinion makes me an arsehole, you're a fuckwit and deserve to die :)

Edit: how did you even find that? I just got that account so I could talk to a few bos peeps and view their stuff...

Last edited by a moderator:

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
while i dont agree with your historical opinion i do admit it's a valid one. insead, its more your overall tone - such as telling me im a fuckwit and deserve to die - that would make me lean towards the opinion of you being an arsehole. you seem to be typical of the current trend of social and political conservatism among young people in australia today that is apparently the new black.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
X

xeuyrawp

um.. said:
while i dont agree with your historical opinion i do admit it's a valid one. insead, its more your overall tone - such as telling me im a fuckwit and deserve to die - that would make me lean towards the opinion of you being an arsehole. you seem to be typical of the current trend of social and political conservatism among young people in australia today that is apparently the new black.
Don't pretend you know me. I was using my stance on immigration and crime as one example.

How can me being what I am and doing what I do be conservative? That's just a total contradiction. Furthermore, the kind of bullshit which pushes someone to go search their LJ shows that you're one of those fuckwits that love to search for dirt on people when they get in an argument with them. Who cares what I say on that? Maybe I'll come to your house, sit outside with a parabolic mic and listen to what you say, then post it up here claiming 'you're an asshole'.

Like I said, you don't know me, so don't say I'm an asshole when I was using two examples. On the whole, I am not conservative, but I would say that I'm very conservative when it comes to who and what I am, and who and what I associate with. If youc ompare me with the type of people I call friends, I would be very conservative.

It has nothing to do with a social trend that is apparent in us 'whipper-snappers' (how old are you, anyway?). Saying that I'm a result of a trend on par with 'the new black' is degrading and plain patronising.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Don't pretend you know me. I was using my stance on immigration and crime as one example.

How can me being what I am and doing what I do be conservative? That's just a total contradiction. Furthermore, the kind of bullshit which pushes someone to go search their LJ shows that you're one of those fuckwits that love to search for dirt on people when they get in an argument with them. Who cares what I say on that? Maybe I'll come to your house, sit outside with a parabolic mic and listen to what you say, then post it up here claiming 'you're an asshole'.

Like I said, you don't know me, so don't say I'm an asshole when I was using two examples. On the whole, I am not conservative, but I would say that I'm very conservative when it comes to who and what I am, and who and what I associate with. If youc ompare me with the type of people I call friends, I would be very conservative.

It has nothing to do with a social trend that is apparent in us 'whipper-snappers' (how old are you, anyway?). Saying that I'm a result of a trend on par with 'the new black' is degrading and plain patronising.
dude, chill. i was browsing myspace the other day and came across that quote about aboriginal history in schools, which i disagree with. compound this with your comments about the judicial system, immigration and injection rooms - which i also found to be, personally, a little extreme - and i thought i would have a playful snap at you (you have to admit, the views you hold are going to come under criticism from time to time, no?). i wouldnt have brought the myspace dealio in to it until the point where you dismissed me, quite patronisingly may i add, so i thought i would continue it on. dont flatter yourself in to thinking that i stalk you, you would have to be very lucky for that. and congratulations for having conservative friends, i'm sure theyre very enjoyable people.
just ease up, ay

X

xeuyrawp

um.. said:
dude, chill. i was browsing myspace the other day and came across that quote about aboriginal history in schools, which i disagree with.
That's interesting. You think that the current system, which breeds animosity towards Aboriginal history and hence Aborigines [is ok]? Or have you had a different experience to me? [sorry about the late edit!]

compound this with your comments about the judicial system, immigration and injection rooms -
Wow, wow. Maybe this needs clarifying. I could not be more pro injecting rooms, you'll have to trust me on this one. I mean that I think the law is sometimes too kind to a lot of criminals. This is an ethical thing, and I'm not in the mood to debate it :p. I'm all for people's rights as citizens, but I think dealing drugs and fucking little kids invalidates your right to live in society, at least for a while.

which i also found to be, personally, a little extreme
That's the thing, I don't think I'm extreme on anything other than crime. I really cringe when I hear the 'free immigration for all', but cringe more when I hear the exclusivity trash that makes people think this land is totally ours. Sharing in moderation is the key to everything, methinks.

- and i thought i would have a playful snap at you (you have to admit, the views you hold are going to come under criticism from time to time, no?).
Well that's the point... I really shouldn't come in here. I really hate political debate, :p I'm far too lazy to write properly.

oh, and im 21. fuck that sounds sad, i admit.
Ah, you OLD /WO/MAN.

Last edited by a moderator:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
withoutaface said:
I don't think that is any different to any other organisation that is seeking to minimise its tax.

I'm sure the Hillsong Church, world vision and other 'not for profit organisations' that fall unde 'charity' in tax also like to minimise their taxation.

It's a question of who you think is the most legit charity. Or whether tax exempt status for charities is silly. Whether thinking about the environment is important. For anyone who does economics, isn't it the environment that is subject to pretty much all the externalities and rent seeking of business in general?

Deus
I love this:

"The NSW Young Liberal Movement calls upon the Federal Government to revoke the tax -exempt status of all donations over $2 to Greenpeace."
The bias is shown when the young Libs actually feel the need to single out Green groups.

It is a part of a running campaign in Tassie and SLAPP lawsuits against anything that is Green.

I think most normal people see interests groups from all sectors of society as being important. Singling out Greenpeace hardly hides the young Liberal agenda and bias. If Greenpeace cannot be tax exempt under $2 then all other organisations should also fall under such a new rule.

You also should be wary of reading those sites. They are even perhaps a bit far right even for the young Liberals. Much like reading the Green left weekly and treating it as your bible.

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I see very few conservatives on these forums, mainly it's neo-libs.
I think without a face could be seen as a conservative as well as economically liberal. Right/Right. This combo is seen as the new direction of the Liberal party.

Phanatical is conservtive however not an economic Liberal. Right/left.

You are not a conservative however you are an economic liberal. Left or progressive/Right. This isn't really what the Liberals like to see. The young Liberal faction that is not hard line conservative was labled homosexual by Nick Minchin at the Young Liberals conference.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
erawamai said:
I think without a face could be seen as a conservative as well as economically liberal Right/Right.

Phanatical is conservtive however not an economic Liberal. Right/left or 'progressive'

You are not a conservtive however you are an economic liberal. Left or progressive/Right.
Actual conservatives may be few and far between, but the religious masses with their overwhelming tendency towards social conservatism are forever making their presence known.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
Malcolm Fraser must be spitting chips
Conservative but liberal. Seems like a contradiction to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)