The Moral Decay of Society, or Something Else? (1 Viewer)

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
As some may know, the moral decay in ancient Rome contributed to the fall of Rome... Now, some say that we are experiencing a renaissance of this moral decay in Western society...

The notions of I, me and myself, certainly echo within present society... Notions of narcissism, decadence and cultural Marxism certainly make it seem so... Point I'm trying to make is there's a self absorbed notion embedded within society (Is this a bad thing)...

I'll let this video explain (ignore the pompous accent)...

Are we heading to the shitter?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
this is why we shouldnt integrate niggers and muslims into our white society

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
As some may know, the moral decay in ancient Rome contributed to the fall of Rome... Now, some say that we are experiencing a renaissance of this moral decay in Western society...

The notions of I, me and myself, certainly echo within present society... Notions of narcissism, decadence and cultural Marxism certainly make it seem so... Point I'm trying to make is there's a self absorbed notion embedded within society (Is this a bad thing)...

I'll let this video explain (ignore the pompous accent)...

Are we heading to the shitter?

Thoughts?
Cultural Marxism AND narcissism? Odd mix, explain why the two are complementary, considering the whole point of cultural Marxism is to homogenize thought, and narcissism is the belief that you are inherently better then others, aren't the two at odds?

Also it's a bit misleading to say that cultural degradation caused Rome to fall. Most argue that it was simply a matter of logistics, in that the Romans didn't have the infrastructure to maintain its expansive empire, leaving it vulnerable.

In answer to your question, no I don't think society is going down the shitter. People tend to look back on the past as some sort of paradigm of virtue when in reality, every generation gets called up on the the so called degradation of morals from the generation above, whether it be criticised for listening to the devils music (aka jazz) in the 30s or wearing denim shorts that are far too short in the present, every generation faces the same 'issue'. If anything, its almost narcisstic to assume that we are in some way the odd ones out!

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
What does a feminist wanting the right to custody, abortion and birth control have to do with the crippling egocentrism of the modern psyche? He is simply injecting his own personal invective against feminism to taint a video that otherwise contains some nuggets of wisdom (viz. egocentrism). We all agree that to some extent ego is important, it is important in our function as human beings and in our personal development, but on what basis does he have to try and call out feminists, on their insistence for preserving their rights (for instance) rather than men's rights activists, civil rights activists and so on?

The fact of the matter is he has no basis for preferring one over the other, other than his own ego preferring to take an anti-feminist stance

Moreover to imply that we are going down the "shitter" is to imply that there were better times before that are now going down the shitter. This implies that not all generations are equal, that some were better than others. What an un-Western assumption to make!

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Cultural Marxism AND narcissism? Odd mix, explain why the two are complementary, considering the whole point of cultural Marxism is to homogenize thought, and narcissism is the belief that you are inherently better then others, aren't the two at odds?

Also it's a bit misleading to say that cultural degradation caused Rome to fall. Most argue that it was simply a matter of logistics, in that the Romans didn't have the infrastructure to maintain its expansive empire, leaving it vulnerable.

In answer to your question, no I don't think society is going down the shitter. People tend to look back on the past as some sort of paradigm of virtue when in reality, every generation gets called up on the the so called degradation of morals from the generation above, whether it be criticised for listening to the devils music (aka jazz) in the 30s or wearing denim shorts that are far too short in the present, every generation faces the same 'issue'. If anything, its almost narcisstic to assume that we are in some way the odd ones out!
On your first point, I realised that what I have written is very poorly written... Yes, the two are polar opposites, however, what I was trying to get at is to scope out possible causes rather than mixing the two, so to speak... I created this thread to open dialogue on the issue, rather than anything else...

The fall of Rome can be blamed for a number of reasons, one of those reasons was decadence which was then followed by cultural degradation, not saying that this materially contributed to its demise...

What does a feminist wanting the right to custody, abortion and birth control have to do with the crippling egocentrism of the modern psyche?
Quite often: right to custody, abortion and birth control are concepts where the male viewpoint is rarely looked at and sometimes even mocked...

Orwell

HSC
Individualism is definitely present in today's society, greed and limited opportunities are contributing factors. Whether this mind-set is upheld by a majority of the population is, to me, unknown. However, continuous desire or longing for materialistic items that have been the subject to flaunting and boast, have made us a wanting people.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)