'The more things change, the more they stay the same.' (1 Viewer)

I_Scientist_I

HSC
N/A
'The more things change, the more they stay the same.'
Discuss the extent to which this is true of values in Frankenstein and Blade Runner.

My mind is completely blank about this question. I'm in need of ideas and can't seem to grasp the understanding of the question. I'm not asking you to do it for me, I just need a few key points that'll get me started. Once I'm started, then I can finish off 1000 words easily.

The only notes my teacher gave us was:

MARY SHELLEY

Values- compassion, nature (pathetic fallacy), relationships (authentic, responsible), individual human rights, subjectivity (intrinsic values), morality of knowledge
Criticism of values – Romantic hero, hubris values, value of social stratifications

SCOTT

Values – compassion, community, individualism, nature, morality, relationship (disconnection between society), individual human rights,
Criticism of values – corporate greed, technology, rampant use of power

Thanks.

Last edited:

gurusson

HSC
point out the similar themes, values and ideas...BR is just a reworking of F is reworking of promethian myth

gurusson

HSC
the subtitle of frankenstien is "or the modern prometheus"

I_Scientist_I

HSC
N/A
the subtitle of frankenstien is "or the modern prometheus"
I said how does the modern prometheus relate to my question? It has nothing to do with it, unless you were to mention techniques on biblical allusions in the body of the essay.

Help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)