the most FRIGHTENING movie u've seen (1 Viewer)

^___ShabS___^

what are some really good scary movies .... u've watched ....
i really like scary movies but i havent seen one that has actually scared me ... in the middle of the night!

So can u guys suggest something ...plz :uhhuh:

i've posted a thread in the non-school section ... bout the same topic ... should've posted here! oh well. :D

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Hitchcock's The Birds, as I said in the other thread. I fucking hate birds after watching that.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
These are all old movies:
The Omen - slighty scary.. mostly disturbing
Night Of The Living Dead - excellent
Hitchcock's Psycho - not so 'scary' after you watch it over and over though
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Original)
Nosferatu - very old ...silent dracula movie :p ..but I liked it

New movies are more funny than anything else :rolleyes:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I can't think of a movie that has genuinely scared me. A few have creeped me out though.
The Birds has already been mentioned. I watched it when I was little and the image that has always stayed with me is of that guy with his eyes pecked out.
The Blair Witch Project (but only the second time I watched it, because the first time I was just sick because of the horrible camera movement)
House on Haunted Hill (only seen the new version). It gets stupid near the end but the first half has some genuinely creepy moments.
The Others (cause I love ghost stories :D). I really want to see The Changeling but I haven't been able to find it.

Everyone raves about how scary the Ring was (either version). Didn't do much for me.

SmokedSalmon

HSC
When I was younger I recall "The Night of the Living Dead" freaked the crap outta me. (was around 9 at the time). Also "Evil Dead" scared me shitless too. but watching them now I just merely laugh at them.
The most recent movie which had me on the edge of my seat, nearly screaming out in the theatre, was 'the ring' (american version)... its those damn sounds i tell you esp. the part when the woman says "I saw her face!" ahh!
It was quite hilarious when I was watching it at home on the projector with 15 other friends and family and we all screamed out loud in some scenes, although we all knew what was coming up.

^___ShabS___^

yeah ..a lot of scary movies we watched when we were much younger are now just plain funny and sometimes annoying!

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
shining is right up there for me.

victor..cleaner

cleaner
HSC
Scariest film experience: 'The 6th Sense' age 13, home alone, after dark....
But the thing was, as prickly as the back of my neck got i actually enjoyed being scared. So now whenever I'm watching a horror film I try to go for the cinema (Texas Chainsaw Massacre) or do the whole 'lights out' thing at home.

I've seen a shitload of 'horror' movies. On the whole I'm lucky if I get scared.

Then there's the movies that are supposedly 'spooky' but you watch because it looks more cool than scary eg: The Ring, Evil Dead

BTW: Anyone who says 'The Exorcist' was scary is an automatic pussy

mack

Banned
HSC
The Sentinel. Horror flick from the 70s. Its got Briscoe from Law and Order, except in this he has black hair. I saw the flick on foxtel at around 4 in the morning, afterwards i could not sleep, i had to stay on the couch and watch television with the lights on until dawn.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
haha me and my friend screamed in the ring when we saw it in the cinema.. everyone laughed at us
texas chainsaw massacre is scary.. i think i screamed in that
we watched cabin fever at my place a few weeks ago.. that was scary but more in a gross way... very graphic

Jillie

I thought that Signs was really scary... But I dont like aliens and alien movies.

BUT, 28 Days Later scared the hell out of me... And I was scared of monekys before watching it.

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
bram strokers dracula(1994)i was like 9 yrs old
man that movie gave me the biggest shits and even jurassic park and independence day(i was little scared then for those movie)dont laugh:(

Cerisa

hmm, well I am pathetic and almost every scary movie manages to scare me, but a few in particular that have had lasting affects would be, the Ring and then in the Others and Texas Chainsaw Massacre I actually screamed during the movie so... basically i think the scariest ones are the ones that are firstly able to make you care a bit about the characters, create suspense and like sometimes only letting the audience discover the real danger at the same time as the characters also works, like in the Sixth Sense.

Dave85

HSC
texas chaqinsaw massacre is up there, altho there are others i just cant remember them all

mack

Banned
HSC
Wait. Forget the other movie i mentioned.

Last night i watched the controversial French movie "Irreversible". It was easily the most graphic, sickening film experience of my life. Though it is not a horror movie(or maybe it is meant to be on a deeper level?), it has certainly frightened me more than any other movie i have ever seen. The title is also very, very true, on a number of levels. Once you watch it, you cant unwatch it. What you will see will never leave you, no matter how hard you try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)