• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

- the most important elements to include in the project ... (1 Viewer)

kimmii22o9

HSC
Hey,

At my school we are told to focus most strongly on the perspective being communicated and the METHODOLOGY undertaken by the historian to establish that perspective...

I have read some of the sample responses on boredofstudies and there is so much emphasis on perspective that many dont/or either very vaguely include methodology..

Im not in a position to say that my teachers methods have been better than anyone elses.. nor am i predicting i'm going to do better than everybody else (hell no!) but im just curious about why all these 'top achieving' projects have gotten away with such emphasis on perspective only.

-kim

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I think it really depends on what your question is. If your question involves methodology or the basis of theories (like mine does), then you'll have plenty of stuff on methodology and the process of history. But if you're doing something a bit more comparison-based, like representation of historical event X on film, then it won't focus as much on methodology. Extension projects vary a lot in their approach.

X

xeuyrawp

Triangulum said:
I think it really depends on what your question is. If your question involves methodology or the basis of theories (like mine does), then you'll have plenty of stuff on methodology and the process of history. But if you're doing something a bit more comparison-based, like representation of historical event X on film, then it won't focus as much on methodology. Extension projects vary a lot in their approach.
But wouldn't you say the difference between my version of the Trojan cycle and Troy the film is methodologies?

In regards to the answers, I'd have to look at some of the responses and come back to you... In my year, methodology was a huge part of the syllabus, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)