Votes: 7 4.6%
  • patels other textbook (the blue one)

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • other

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters

Capulet

UNSW rulz!
just try last year (2002) complex number question 7(b) and if you can do that, then ignore what i have just said ...
just got that now, i was talking about 2001 and before. ill give this a shot and get back to you.

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by bobo123
lol that must be heaps good
what school is this?

yeh it is but the school isnt crash hot.

get this...we have just completed complex numbers and havent done any formal assessments, which she said would be maybe next term.:(

shool is patrician bros. b'town

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Capulet
this could be just me, but does anyone else think the cambridge is harder than most of the other books? i did the past hsc paper on complex numbers, and their hardest problem is no where near as complex as the cambridge book.
yeh all cambridge books r hard (2, 3 or 4 unit) thats good coz it caters for the good and also the brilliant students(i speak from the personal experience of being brilliant). and it also chalenges the good students to be more lyk me!!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i don't think you have heard of a book called terry lee have you. anyway i wanna know if its in the syllabus to learn trig. expansions in complex numbers using demoveries theorem.

also who thinks that terry lee's curve sketching section is bullshit?

N

ND

Originally posted by freaking_out
i don't think you have heard of a book called terry lee have you. anyway i wanna know if its in the syllabus to learn trig. expansions in complex numbers using demoveries theorem.

i asked the same question here, the answer i got was that it was good to learn it, so i did.

for curve skething i think i used a bit of Lee, a bit of fitzpatrick, and alot of sheets (i don't know where my teacher got them from).

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out

ah ... there is a reason (or a few) why many ext2 maths school dont use terry lee ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ultimate

yeah, and you can be the marketer :D ;) :cool:
sounds good ...:)
Originally posted by Capulet

just got that now, i was talking about 2001 and before. ill give this a shot and get back to you.
if you managed to get the later questions (complex numbers) of past hsc papers, congradulations already ... i couldnt really do them even after my trials (or did so with alot of difficulty) ...

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
by far the best book for 4unit is excel 50-tips
it isn't really a text book but it is really useful

i got 96 and first in school so that should be a sign of
how useful it is.

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by jm1234567890
by far the best book for 4unit is excel 50-tips
it isn't really a text book but it is really useful

i got 96 and first in school so that should be a sign of
how useful it is.
yeh got that one.....got 2 actually....so if anyone want to buy one, go to the buy/sell forum

spratt_jg

I use Cambridge and Fitzpatrick at school...

A lot of the Cambridge questions are ridiculous and unreasonable and whats with the explanations...they miss out 5 steps and expect you to figure it out...my tutor is Patel and he told me to burn my Cambridge book, I agree...Fitz is ok (but doesnt follow the syllabus), T. Lee is too hard to find to buy...I like Excel; I use in conjunction with past HSC questions book and my teacher's sheets:D

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
how is patel's 4 u book, not the excel one?
It's reasonable... there are heaps of basic questions at the start of each chapter... I prefer Arnold over it because there are less questions but they're challenging.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
how is patel's 4 u book, not the excel one?
its alright ... but if you ask some teachers they will say that the book has too many wrong answers ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
and where may we acquire the solutions?:)
on sheets of paper ... and we've discussed it --- we are selling them and spliting the profits :p

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by flyin'

on sheets of paper ... and we've discussed it --- we are selling them and spliting the profits :p
so u cant actually get the solutions from the shops or anything.....we have to get it off u guys!

are u actually serious about selling them?

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

hehehe, yeah, the problem is that there are too many sheets of paper.......I don;t know how u would go about it with copyright and all that. :p

I don't know where you can get the solutions, my teacher bought them somewhere and he just photocopied each topic's worked solutions to the cambridge textboook and gave them to me. They were very detailed solutions though. :p

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Ultimate

hehehe, yeah, the problem is that there are too many sheets of paper.......I don;t know how u would go about it with copyright and all that. :p

I don't know where you can get the solutions, my teacher bought them somewhere and he just photocopied each topic's worked solutions to the cambridge textboook and gave them to me. They were very detailed solutions though. :p
in that case, i think i will go and ask my teacher, also the author of the cambridge book we r using:p

copyright.....LOL....:D *goes and makes yet another back-up copy of some mp3's*

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC

in that case, i think i will go and ask my teacher, also the author of the cambridge book we r using:p

copyright.....LOL....:D *goes and makes yet another back-up copy of some mp3's*
Would that teacher happen to be one of the arnolds? From what I've heard they've been teaching 4 unit maths since 1970 or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)