The Musicians Thread. (1 Viewer)

beve

Jesus
HSC
Well I did a forum search and couldn't find any topics like this so I thought I'd start one; surely theres going to be a few musos floating around here. What instrument can you play? What styles? Whats your hardest piece... etc. Discuss. =)

Post pics of your gear and band myspaces too, if y'all like. =)

I play the guitar, bass guitar (theres a difference, and it's not as easy as some make out), baritone sax and drums. I also own a yellow mahalo ukelele, but thats another story altogether... hehe.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I play piano and can sing. But not as good as the people at my uni who major in it. These people would blow you away.

I do a Bachelor of Music (Composition) in my honours year...

I major in electroacoustic composition (so like, protools, logic, production etc) When it comes to style, if I catergorise myself, it's a bit like glitch music, with both recognisable and unrecognisable instruments and sounds.

I use to be in a band but that was an angsty teenage band the emulated blink182. I haven't been in one since I was 14, just rather recorded/mastered people's music, which is better anyway. Your input is always listened to etc.

The music/arts industry in australia is shit by the way. I cannot for the life of me make a decent living out of this.

neafoo

HSC
Guitar, bass, harmonica. Can't sing.
Don't have a pic of my gear but if i do get one ill slap it up.

HSC
i play bass and trying to learn guitar however, i haven't been gifted with that talent to learn on my own :(.

i prefer to play songs that aren't heard to often by the public and entertain the audience since not many people can tolerate my kind of music. like, i seriously see no point performing some song thats number 1 atm and everyones probably sick of hearing it constantly everywhere :/. thats just my opinion anyways

i used to be in a band but atm we're on pause coz of our hsc. so now, i just linger in and out of bands just helping them perform a song :3

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i learnt piano for 11 years and then quit because i had way too much uni and things to do and i just wasnt practising enough.

I loved it the whole way but it hurt to not be able to play 7th/8th grade pieces like i used to because I wasn't putting in the time to do scales and tech work.

I am hoping to get back into it but since moving out I dont actually have a piano :/

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
Been playing guitar for 5 odd years now, recently bought a synthesizer so getting into that too. Good times :)

Bands myspace is in my sig, we just got together this sem after talking about it for months and months .. got a few demos up there at the moment.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I don't get to play nearly as much as I would like anymore. I was playing electric bass in a UNSW stage band last year, which was quite fun, but decided to give it a break given the onset of an hour-hungry clinical load this year. Things I play:

Electric bass - Usually in a rock/acid-jazz/funk or a jazz setting, though I have also mucked around with some mates who do hip-hop recording

Double bass - My neglected instrument. I still haul it out to play bluegrass / american roots music with my parents on occaision

Guitar - Generally reserved for the bedroom, backyard parties and beachside holidays

Edit: Gear-wise I have a 5 string musicman Stingray bass and a 4 string Fender bullet bass (American made... I got it for a bargain price). I use an Ebony (australian brand) amplifier + 4 x 10" quad speaker. I have a pretty average Korean double bass and a Takamine guitar, though I also have access to a number of nice guitars that my parents use.

Last edited:

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I play guitar and bass. I am not in a bandd.
I have an essex acoustic/electric and a essex electric (pink)
I also have a samick bass
and a crappy bash around valencia classical

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
I do dabble in a bit of six-string electric (and bass whenever i can get my hands on one). Played on and off for a few years now, was in 2 bands, but not really anymore. One band was indie, fun but not really my kinda music, the other one was a metal band. Played a few gigs, then a couple of members went interstate/overseas.

pinkyforce7

HSC
biomic said:
Been playing guitar for 5 odd years now, recently bought a synthesizer so getting into that too. Good times :)

Bands myspace is in my sig, we just got together this sem after talking about it for months and months .. got a few demos up there at the moment.
thats a pretty strange style you got there, i havent heard it before. i can appreciate it, but its so different that i doesnt really grasp me that much. thats a pretty strange outcome for me cause i listen to lots of different things

anyways im a guitarist of 6 years. i play classical, flemenco and styles liek folk on acoustics (nylon and steel) and on electric i play rock, metal, jazz, funk, etc.

ive got some solo recordings up on my music profile which is in the signature.
I also play in a working disco cover band and have been for about a year and have played many many gigs with them.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Singer and Drummer, umm I've been getting singing lessons since I was about 5 years old and I'm at an 8th grade AMEB level and 7th grade for percussion... I also play the piano but quit after 4th grade and pretty much forgot most things.

View attachment 16622

bawd

HSC
Played Electric Guitar for a little over a year, but I have taken a break since the beginning of this year due to exams and the backlog of homework we got the first term of year 11. Plan to continue the coming holidays because of my itch for music.

thevitriol

HSC
I am a
Keyboard player (I've got a microKORG, which I would totally reccomend, and a hell of dodgy MIDI keyboard)
Guitarist (behringer iaxe ["look it has USB! it must be good!"])
DJ (CDJ 400s and DJM 700)
and a singer if nobody else will.

I'm pretty terrible at most of them to be honest though. I mostly just make my own songs for fun, here and here.

thevitriol

HSC
all.time.fiend said:
cdj400s are absolute SHIT. but your mixer isn't that bad.
Why, what's wrong with them? I won them, so I hardly have a choice. I'd like to know, I don't really know what's out there. I'm looking at buying some actual turntables too, any recommendations?

And I like the mixer too, except it doesn't have a proper sampler. Still though, it's handy having four channels, lets you be a lot more creative with keyboards and whatever.

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
I play the piano, drums and the famous air guitar lol
I'll be starting violin after HSC so that should be fun!!

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
I play drums when I'm high.

I also play the guitar, and sometimes I play the fool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)