The myUNSW hate thread. (1 Viewer)

blackbetty69

HSC
Is it just me or is the system sooooo desperately inadequate for enrollment times? Surely they could just split the dates up more so that they know that the server can handle the traffic. Or alternatively hire out a high speed server just to deal with enrollments because myUNSW is fine for everything else except those times during the year when enrollments are happening?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
ummm kid they already do split up the enrollments. this is why some 3rd year and above were allowed to enroll on the 14th whereas most others had to enroll on the 20th.

HSC
enrollment also split up by faculties.

Nonetheless, myUNSW at enrollment time is fail

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
so how do you propose to split 1st and 2nd years so that they are equally likely to get the timetable they wanted? if you set it at different times like they use to, then this forced others to be unfairly choosing times at times which they could not attend.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
I wonder what sort of infrastructure and funding facebook or myspace uses to fund their services, which are so reliable in comparison to myUnsw

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
They should give us the option of a) enrolling online or b) enrolling manually (like actually going to a specific place on campus and enrolling there, or something. Like other unis.) Both options available from the same day and same time for each faculty.

or maybe they should just upgrade their servers for enrolment times!!

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Com/eco students have it fairly easy with myUNSW timetabling.

Law students get fucked in the ass because their class sizes are small, post-grads get priority and late enrollment appointments force those unfortunates to choose whatever class is left.

Engineering/science students have heaps of clashes apparently in their classes.

Med kids have timetables that change practically every week so they can't get jobs and etc.

Most arts students, it depends on what courses they're doing.

And I don't have a clue what happens to FBE people.

Linear

HSC
omg I just clicked the 'add classes' button and that stupid congestion sign came up >_o Rawrrr... So damn close to completing my enrolment and now I have to do it all over again.

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
omg I just clicked the 'add classes' button and that stupid congestion sign came up >_o Rawrrr... So damn close to completing my enrolment and now I have to do it all over again.
ME TOO!!:spzz:

Let's commiserate about the appalling state of the UNSW enrolment system together.

(For a minute I thought the sudafed had worked and everything. :( )

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
protip: use myunsw after 1am (its scheduled maintenance time)

Uncle

Banned
HSC

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
In the databases course @ cse J Shepherd makes each batch of students work on a myUnsw substitute he's been working on over the years. Perhaps if the uni bothered to consider it...

Linear

HSC
Sure hope they listen to feedback, we shouldn't have to stay up until 1am just to enroll...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)